Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tevandel

Latest Ranked Sprint Comments

10 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
4,195 battles

Okay, I have a series of comments about the latest ranked sprint—some positive, but frankly, most are negative.

1. First, I like arms race mode. This is a great mode very enjoyable.
  2. I like the idea of a wider range of ships having both tier 9 and 10 ships makes it somewhat more interesting, but still very focused on the highest power ships. Having say tier 7 and 8 or tier 8 and 9 might make things more interesting.
  3. Twelve people are too many for ranked sprint. Having twelve people makes it just another random battle with less cooperation at the end. The way you have things set up with the top person of the losing team not losing a star means that when a team gets down to the last three or four players many people go into "save my star" mode and stop playing for the team if they ever did. Several games today my team lost primarily because while I was in brawling holding the single cap and distracting the remaining three or four opponents my "team" all stayed back preserving their health - then they were picked off singleton. But one of them got to keep their star...do you see the problem? 
  4. Also, with twelve people we get the "everyone focus on one target" problem, so a team with four or five HE spamming ships can focus those ships on a single opponent and wipe them out before any response can be made. With seven, or even nine-person teams this many HE spammers will disadvantage a team in other ways. However, in a twelve-person team, this is a not unusual configuration. If both teams have this then it turns into a short game, if one team has it in random then what the hey it happens. In a ranked sprint, it's quite a bit less fun.

I know this is probably just me yelling into the void, but come on guys, this is supposed to be fun and frankly, my last three battles in ranked sprint were in no way fun. All focused by either CV's or HE spammers, sure in one of them my team won, after I died, and didn't contribute anything.

Not the best player, but not the worst either.

Tevandel.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles
9 minutes ago, tevandel said:

Twelve people are too many for ranked sprint. Having twelve people makes it just another random battle

I have a sneaky feeling data is being gathered from this for a new random match mode. With the Arms Race variable being added.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,282 battles

Maybe driving random players into co-op was the goal.

[-A-8-]
Members
442 posts
19,171 battles
1 hour ago, tevandel said:

Twelve people are too many for ranked sprint. Having twelve people makes it just another random battle with less cooperation at the end.

Yea 12 is to many if the best loser saves a star. I'd have rather seen no one lose a star but add in a star or 2 per level to move up. Hopefully that'd encourage people to fight for a win right to the end rather than go into save a star mode once the team is a couple of ships down.

1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I have a sneaky feeling data is being gathered from this for a new random match mode. With the Arms Race variable being added.

Wasn't the original idea behind Arms Race to introduce a mode that took some of the tier 9/10s out of randoms to take pressure off tier 8 in MM? Only no one played it to begin with as it didn't count towards legendary grinds. I'd like to see it as a random variation, say on the frequency you get an epicentre, or a seperate mode you select as per co-op, scenario, random etc. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles
1 minute ago, wildgooseman said:

I'd like to see it as a random variation, say on the frequency you get an epicentre, or a seperate mode you select as per co-op, scenario, random etc

:cap_hmm:

Interesting idea. I was thinking a dedicated mode. I like your idea better.

+1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,976 posts
14,204 battles

I am NOT in favor of 12 v 12 as it will take LONGER to finish and we can now officially call this Ranked JOG.  7v7 were quicker games and that made it a SPRINT.  Now it is just regular ranked for the most part, and Ranked is NOT fun.  Again WG taking one of their positive things they have done in the last two years and.....wait for it..... changed it for no apparent reason, and making it T10 (9) to boot.... I mean you could seriously set up a college course on customer service, etc and use WG as the model company on how NOT to do things.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i hope it comes to randoms just for tiers 9 and 10.... 

[WSU]
Members
36 posts
14,382 battles

I love the cancer in the game this ranked. My 3rd game  in ranked is quite memorable. I was in Bourgogne my all time favorite battleship. I head left taking a few shots at long distance and the boats accuracy never disappoints me. I see the dd in front of me is doing jack crapI am now clear of any lines of sight yet I'm perma spotted so turn up and and around. Sure enough those 90knt torps come by where I was a moments later. I see I have like 30k damage and the games just starting were already down 2 ships. I see a DM on there side pushing deep  and get in position above him at about 9 km and just slap the smile right off his face. Before I can fire again our izumo with 45k health and 4 heals left decided to ram their DM for his remaining 7k health. Yea its going to be one of those games.

I read maps and see the right side is going to collapse so I race to that side at this point the speed bonuses are really kicking in 12% on my bourgogne I can now do 44 knts. I see we have a Stalin a Iowa  and a  fleeing crippled PR facing A Stalin a Georgia a Lion and FTG a GK and some DD I never saw but the Torps were ever present. Over the next 10 mins I check them and cripple them to the point completely crushing that side the Georgia sank the rest lost 50-80% of their health bars before they fled. I see the center  is in trouble now were now down 4 ships.I take a long range shot at a stalin who pushed through Cit him then spot a hindy at about 16 km pushing into the center he has 30k health. I fire over the islands he never saw it coming instant deletion.

At this point we have the healing mods and despite me taking a lot of hits in the game I have full health and over 250k damage. So of course thats when the DD that couldn't spot in the beginning  who has just died states all BBs should uninstall. That was nice then comes a cruiser who notes I'm full health there for I must have been hiding and calls me out by name. Where now down to the stalin and Iowa and me vs GK Yamato FDG a gearing and one other dd so 3 on 5 and they out spot us big time. The stalin was from 5D I know hes solid and he is racing above the center and radars and spots the gearing I get one shot off over 13km but just one op he must of got a perma fire because I never saw the gearing go down just noticed a min later he was missing. I didn't care one way or another we were losing 400 to 200 and our stalin was at about 7k health as I caught up to him as he was bow tanking and charged past him into the center with all 3 bbs in-front of me in what is considered a light BB. I hit my last reload and [edited] the Yamato he veered off and ran behind an island I didn't care the Gk was my next victim took an easy 50k off him he squeaked behind the same island. Fredrick took a different path so I did a drive by on him I held fire till it was perfect and knocked like 35k off him in one shot and left him to his fate with my team mates. Now I never knew where that last DD was but it didn't matter I was going to use his bbs as shields and with my speed they could do nothing about it. As soon as I fired that savo on Fredrick I was nearly at the island the 2 beasts had escaped behind they were both inv to me but I knew they would have known my position. I turned my ship hard away from Fredrick towards the channel turned my guns I didn't get greedy with Fredrick wasn't important. As soon as I cleared the island Bam the yamato fired at my angled belt there went 30 k health but the Yamato cheek on its butt is even sexier then her bow  Bam instant deletion I turn harder hello Gk he fires nothing much happens I fire another 5k off him I fire again 15k more hes now less than 1 k. The Fredrick reappears on my side and dies before my secondaries could finish him gk dies a second later. I have 416,000 damage and just 2 kills. The Hindy I deleted is crying about his team all being bots. My DDs show they have no class and continue to cry about their team mates in open chat. And we win on time I get 2 karma  should of been 20 and the cancer festers for the next game.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
49 minutes ago, Matthew_Kelly said:

I love the cancer in the game this ranked. My 3rd game  in ranked is quite memorable. I was in Bourgogne my all time favorite battleship. I head left taking a few shots at long distance and the boats accuracy never disappoints me. I see the dd in front of me is doing jack crapI am now clear of any lines of sight yet I'm perma spotted so turn up and and around. Sure enough those 90knt torps come by where I was a moments later. I see I have like 30k damage and the games just starting were already down 2 ships. I see a DM on there side pushing deep  and get in position above him at about 9 km and just slap the smile right off his face. Before I can fire again our izumo with 45k health and 4 heals left decided to ram their DM for his remaining 7k health. Yea its going to be one of those games.

This normal...  dd support turns around for something else to do, leaving you with little choice but to also turn around... followed in few minutes by why aren't you in the fight...

this is not unique to ranked.

[V_V_V]
Members
648 posts
14,589 battles

Wow Seaman Kelly, that's quite a heroic composition-what recall!

Sign in to follow this