Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

WeeGee - remember how you said CVs are expensive because of the premium consumables?

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles

Well those are becoming free next patch, so I assume that "free" premium consumables will now be reflected in CV operating costs as well....???

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,785
[WORX]
Members
10,612 posts
18,506 battles

Did not test that in PTS... Hopefully, someone may have checked if its true in PTS for CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,562
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,505 posts
13,885 battles
16 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Well those are becoming free next patch, so I assume that "free" premium consumables will now be reflected in CV operating costs as well....???

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

CVs are more expensive to run due to the their "baked in" "premium consumables".  These are WGs words on why CVs cost more than other ships.  So if the premium consumables are now baked in to every ship for free, then it stands that the cost of running a CV shall be reduced, right?

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,972
[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
8 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

Apparently I was a weirdo.

I regularly choose the consumables daily container, and used premium consumables when I felt there was a need. (Ranked, Ops, pretty much always in the few Randoms I played, sometimes in Co-op.)

Now, if I’m understanding what I’ve read correctly; consumables are being standardized at the premium level, and ‘removed’ as a pre-battle choice option, because almost nobody ever used premium consumables?

I actually find that a bit difficult to believe, considering the advantages they could confer over the standard, ‘free’ version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,562
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,505 posts
13,885 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Apparently I was a weirdo.

I regularly choose the consumables daily container, and used premium consumables when I felt there was a need. (Ranked, Ops, pretty much always in the few Randoms I played, sometimes in Co-op.)

Now, if I’m understanding what I’ve read correctly; consumables are being standardized at the premium level, and ‘removed’ as a pre-battle choice option, because almost nobody ever used premium consumables?

I actually find that a bit difficult to believe, considering the advantages they could confer over the standard, ‘free’ version.

No, premium consumables are being removed because everyone pretty much uses them.

If you have premium consumables in your inventory or on your ship, when the update occurs they will be removed from your account and you will be compensated 22,500 credits for every single one of them.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

Cv don't make as much money as other ships. WG said its because of the cost of the consumables and some other thing that did not understand.

Cv should make just as much as every other ship now.

The OP has a great point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
27 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

Odd wording -- the standard consumables are being removed and the premium consumable will now be the free default with no other option to exist.  On the other hand, I'd sure like the option for a new premium consumable in its place :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
69 posts
10,578 battles

I always thought the excess to CV servicing cost was the high aircraft servicing. Anymore then 30 lost aircraft will usually end up in a credit loss for a non-premium CV (co-op numbers only). I have no idea what the Random match servicing costs are.

With that said, I have noticed the servicing costs on my T-10 CV's seems to have gone a down a bit. I'm not sure if anything was adjusted recently or if I just haven't been losing as many planes as usual..

Edited by Imperial_Hammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[SIMP]
Members
1,297 posts
10,753 battles
35 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

CVs are more expensive to run due to the their "baked in" "premium consumables".  These are WGs words on why CVs cost more than other ships.  So if the premium consumables are now baked in to every ship for free, then it stands that the cost of running a CV shall be reduced, right?

Mate, you are looking at it the wrong way...

You have to look behind the words here...

CVs make too much money, WeeGee doesnt like that, so they make the CVs cost more to run, how do they sell that to players...

In the meeting they set up the WeeGee Official Reason Dartboard (copyrighted), throw a flight and chose one of the 3 results and call it good.

What they said previously was a lie, so anything they tell you now will be a lie.

Enhance your zen state and enjoy.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,804 posts
36,531 battles
1 hour ago, Imperial_Hammer said:

I always thought the excess to CV servicing cost was the high aircraft servicing. Anymore then 30 lost aircraft will usually end up in a credit loss for a non-premium CV (co-op numbers only). I have no idea what the Random match servicing costs are.

With that said, I have noticed the servicing costs on my T-10 CV's seems to have gone a down a bit. I'm not sure if anything was adjusted recently or if I just haven't been losing as many planes as usual..

I thought you get charged a flat service cost as soon as you sail the ship in a game. Whether you sink or survives doesn't matter. But if you want to offset the cost, then signals, camos, premium ships, or just contribution to the match will fix that.

So if you don't do anything, then it can become expensive in matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,420
[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
2 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

CVs are more expensive to run due to the their "baked in" "premium consumables".  These are WGs words on why CVs cost more than other ships.  So if the premium consumables are now baked in to every ship for free, then it stands that the cost of running a CV shall be reduced, right?

Be careful what anthill you poke.

You realise that the other way to make things "fair", would be to leave CVs as is, and increase the service cost of all other ships.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,420
[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
3 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I thought you get charged a flat service cost as soon as you sail the ship in a game. Whether you sink or survives doesn't matter.

This is true, but lost CV planes are charged as fired ammo, which is separate from the service cost, and varies depending on how much ammo you shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,896
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,733 posts
4,630 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Um, so ALL premium consumables are being removed. And consumables are going to just be consumables, their statistics will just reflect what the premium ones used to be and since consumables are free currently anyways I am unsure what you mean.

-Hapa

No, he's got a point.  *None* of the consumables on CVs have a premium version, though the base (only) version is better than the corresponding version for a surface ship.  But the service costs of CVs is significantly higher than that of like-tiered ships.  The justification offered was that "premium consumables" are rolled into the ship. 

Since "premium consumables" no longer have a cost, that justification is no longer valid. 

So it seems that CV service costs should be reduced to be the same as non-CVs.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,896
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,733 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, Imperial_Hammer said:

I always thought the excess to CV servicing cost was the high aircraft servicing. Anymore then 30 lost aircraft

Aircraft are ammunition, and have their own cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

you might want to dig up that actual written statement from WG stating that is the reason for higher service costs or this goes no where...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,715
[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you might want to dig up that actual written statement from WG stating that is the reason for higher service costs or this goes no where...

We dug up the video of the guy saying "subs will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be in the game", and we now will soon have subs, so....

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

We dug up the video of the guy saying "subs will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be in the game", and we now will soon have subs, so....

at least you brought proof...  

 

i could easily make something up and say something too starting with "remember" and obviously Hapa has no idea what you are talking about... the doc would at least add context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Apparently I was a weirdo.

I regularly choose the consumables daily container, and used premium consumables when I felt there was a need. (Ranked, Ops, pretty much always in the few Randoms I played, sometimes in Co-op.)

Now, if I’m understanding what I’ve read correctly; consumables are being standardized at the premium level, and ‘removed’ as a pre-battle choice option, because almost nobody ever used premium consumables?

I actually find that a bit difficult to believe, considering the advantages they could confer over the standard, ‘free’ version.

more like they were mandatory at the highest tiers... and not enough players playing at high tiers i expect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,007
[BONKS]
Members
1,477 posts
48 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Cv don't make as much money as other ships.

CV earnings are literally BB earnings with a couple of modifications made fairly recently to high tier economy, earning them slightly less exp overall on T10 and less exp on a loss at T8+.

This change was made sometime during testing and was found in the official patchnotes. Too lazy to dig them up however though I may do it later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
189 posts
8,826 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

No, premium consumables are being removed because everyone pretty much uses them.

If you have premium consumables in your inventory or on your ship, when the update occurs they will be removed from your account and you will be compensated 22,500 credits for every single one of them.

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder, can you check that please?

If memory serves me, the idea of ditching premium consumables was introduced at the same time of the NTC.  The idea then was that VERY FEW people used premium consumables and that giving them to everybody would offset the buffs of the NTC.  When NTC was scrapped I remember someone asking about the premium consumable change and someone (I wanna say Fem) said that there was no need to do the premium consumables anymore because the NTC wasn't happening.

So if my memory is right (and apologies in advance if it isn't, but I think this is all in the video of the meeting in St. Pete from last year), what you're saying here is the exact opposite of what we heard.  Not pointing fingers, just want the story right.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

CV earnings are literally BB earnings with a couple of modifications made fairly recently to high tier economy, earning them slightly less exp overall on T10 and less exp on a loss at T8+.

This change was made sometime during testing and was found in the official patchnotes. Too lazy to dig them up however though I may do it later.

I dint play with BB so I am not aware of how much they make.  CV were originally on the BB line but they changed them to DD a little while back.

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,804 posts
36,531 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

at least you brought proof...  

 

i could easily make something up and say something too starting with "remember" and obviously Hapa has no idea what you are talking about... the doc would at least add context.

I agree, show us a doc.

My specialist doc postpones treatment of my pancreatitis based on it is not life threatening, yet doctor won't produce a doc to support that. But internet says 3 months is two months too long to wait.

Documentation is better. Trust me.

And yeah, still waiting for treatment.

I think WG should be clear in anything stated pertaining to Ship post battle costs. If there is a disparity, then there better be justification. Or start limiting AA ammo while they at it. Some AA cruisers spit out AA like they are possessed by a demon. You do realize that despite this being an arcade like game, that realism is added only for balance. Yet AA guns don't get hot barrels from excessively firing.

My father had to learn how to change AA gun barrels on the fly if under attack. He usually hands over ammo and not fires the AA on a liberty ship, but he was instructed to replace a hot barrel if situation demands.

WG obviously can't show that kind of realism and economy is just not realistic either if you think about it.

But a flat service cost across the board would clear up things. Because unlimited ammo AA cruisers by the same token should be charged for the AA they use right? And if they are, then a lot of AA cruiser mains are broke and can't sail a ship.

Yet CVs are limited in strike groups and they have to regen planes. Yet a shimakaze can dump 8 times its combat load of torpedoes. Or a Yamato shoots about half it's combat load per game yet cruisers shoot about 2.5-5 times theirs.

The math on any given match is hilarious. Just look at your own post combat stats and you will see the arcade aspect and the real mixed in.

I should not be able to unload 64 torpedoes in my Benham, yet I do. I can probably unload more if I did it for giggles.

It's really hard to balance this game, but the service cost at least should be standard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
5 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Well those are becoming free next patch, so I assume that "free" premium consumables will now be reflected in CV operating costs as well....???

You believed them?

 

Forget CVs - It's time to start playing SUBS!

Oh Wait … first the sale on CVs - THEN the Subs :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

No, premium consumables are being removed because everyone pretty much uses them.

If you have premium consumables in your inventory or on your ship, when the update occurs they will be removed from your account and you will be compensated 22,500 credits for every single one of them.

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder Hapa, I believe the OP is trying to point out that the CV cost should be lowered down inline with all other ships of the tier.  The reason why they are higher was due to premium consumables being "baked in" to the ship, this was according to WG themselves.  Now that premium consumables are doing away with their costs then the justification for making CV's so expensive is no longer valid.  We should see the ship standardised respective to their tier.

Can you please comment on this?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×