Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Retnav54

9 V 9 Matches?

9 comments in this topic

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,213 posts
9,850 battles

I'm wondering if I missed the memo on this over the past couple of months, not having spent much time in game and simply didn't notice an earlier change, or whether this was a change snuck in a few days ago with the Hayate mini-update, or if it's just a fluke.

Did a couple quick co-op matches last night, just to grab a container after spending the evening dinking around in the training room.

Looking at the results screen of the second match, of which I'd snagged 6 kills in a WV '41, I noticed that there were 3 other kills tallied. Sure enough, it had been a 9 v 9 match.

Just a fluke, or did WG sneak in a change someplace to change co-op to 9 v 9 in preparation for subs? Or am I just being old and crap and missed it in an earlier update?

[TBW]
Members
10,282 posts
17,471 battles
10 minutes ago, Retnav54 said:

I'm wondering if I missed the memo on this over the past couple of months, not having spent much time in game and simply didn't notice an earlier change, or whether this was a change snuck in a few days ago with the Hayate mini-update, or if it's just a fluke.

Did a couple quick co-op matches last night, just to grab a container after spending the evening dinking around in the training room.

Looking at the results screen of the second match, of which I'd snagged 6 kills in a WV '41, I noticed that there were 3 other kills tallied. Sure enough, it had been a 9 v 9 match.

Just a fluke, or did WG sneak in a change someplace to change co-op to 9 v 9 in preparation for subs? Or am I just being old and crap and missed it in an earlier update?

They made it 9v9 a few patches ago.

[CVA16]
Members
5,384 posts
16,169 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yup now you have 9 bots to contend with..

Plus up to 8 bots  that often "fill out" the green team.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 2:27 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Plus up to 8 bots  that often "fill out" the green team.

I like it when that happens.  Usually the green bots don't do too much, unlike another player that can kill 2, 3, 4, 5 bots on his own.  I'd actually prefer it being surrounded by horrible green bots, being the only player.  More kills, damage to claim for myself, at my leisure.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,487 posts
24,689 battles

Yup solo games are the best, very occasionally you get the Mensa member bot on your team and your dreams of a 6 kill game evaporate.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles
On 5/2/2020 at 6:26 AM, Efros said:

Yup solo games are the best, very occasionally you get the Mensa member bot on your team and your dreams of a 6 kill game evaporate.

The late night High Tier games are good for that.  The population there is much smaller at those hours than the larger crowd in mid tiers.  Even 3-4 players is fierce competition as everyone is trying to get what's theirs.  But late night, High Tier, especially Tier X?  That's where you find yourself alone on a more regular basis.  Or maybe 1 other player there.  A lot more to go around for 1-2 players instead of 3-4 killing everything in 3-4 minutes.

Battleships, in particular Tier X BBs, finding themselves alone and have to fight 5 bots still... That's what I want.

Getting 800+ BaseXPs with a bunch of players around is very hard to do as they're all killing stuff quickly themselves.  Your chances on getting those very high 800+ BaseXP Co-op games are simply better when alone.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this