You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheCompGuy25

Black Lacquer camo

34 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Members
544 posts
13,375 battles

WG, that camo is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!  I would drop some serious $ to put that on a different TX ship as I don’t see myself dropping the FXP for Hayate.  Your art team keeps knocking it out of the park!
Dang that thing is beautiful, let me buy it!  Please!

Comp #WV44

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[CO-OP]
Members
1,501 posts
24,789 battles

I'm sorry but $32 for a permacamo????

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
490 posts
6,454 battles
16 minutes ago, Efros said:

I'd have agree. A T10 permacamo (unless something's changed I don't know about) is 5000dubloons/~$20. $11/3000dubloons for 3 mosaic camos on top is...a bit steep.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
5 hours ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

WG, that camo is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!  I would drop some serious $ to put that on a different TX ship as I don’t see myself dropping the FXP for Hayate.  Your art team keeps knocking it out of the park!
Dang that thing is beautiful, let me buy it!  Please!

Comp #WV44

5 hours ago, Efros said:

I'm sorry but >>-->>>$32<<<--<< for a permacamo????

Yeah I'd like it for a few of my other IJN  boats but not for $$$32.00! :Smile_amazed:  or even $$$20.00 :cap_cool:$$$15.00 maybe not $$$32.00-20.00  with the stats it has  

• –3% to the ship's detectability range by sea
  • +4% to the dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship
  • –50% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service
  • +20% credits per battle
  • +100% XP per battle:Smile_sceptic: That's just outrageous!Heck even tho it didn't cost as much as this,The Kobayashi camo for Yamato was overpriced as well just not as much as this is!
  • −3% to your ship's detectability range by sea.
  • +4% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies at your ship.
  • −50% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned per battle.
  • +100% XP per battle.
  • image.thumb.png.39b5add7a9bbe8c749b3d7d9a6beabe8.png
  • −50% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service  image.thumb.png.d4e35b87b671942badf842d7f220fc6f.pngimage.thumb.png.126718523b000b6aab605338e3636a1f.pngimage.thumb.png.8df4cad24baa97f247652615bbb450f2.png
Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,359 battles
19 minutes ago, Efros said:

I spent 5K dubs for permacamos for my Warspite and Shinonome, which - just like the Hayate - are premium ships and come with their own out of the box. The difference is that those permacamos give markedly higher XP and cash yields per battle, and over a while that adds up. 

This one does nothing that the permacamo issued with Hayate doesn't do. It's nothing more than 8000 doubloons of eye candy. If it slapped on some sort of obscene Commander or Free XP percentage, or both, then and only then would it be worth considering. Otherwise no. Not for me.

That's a shame, because it is indeed a damn fine looking camo.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CK5]
Members
1,375 posts
14,378 battles

The $32 charge for the admittedly great-looking camo is a case of piling on after the 2 Million FXP cost just to get the Hayate in the first place.  Marketing people come from a dark place.  

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,429 posts
15,926 battles

Dang that is pretty. I do not have the ship yet but I might buy the camo now lol

• Confused 1

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
667 posts
13,725 battles

When I first looked at the ship I wondered where that cool looking camo went to when it was originally posted way back when. I knew then I would most likely get it just because of that. Then when it hit the shop no fancy camo I still thought about buying the darn thing. When I clicked on it along with the 2 mill FXP they also added 1 credit. I was like WTH WG! Do I even get a captain? A bonus something? I've held off so far buying. Then I started seeing  that the fancy camo  was there but was yet another additional add on of 8000 doubloons!!  :Smile_facepalm:

No new event flags. No new event camos. Everything seems its being re-hashed. The only new thing new from the Art Department has an outrageous price tag! Seriously! Did the beer can camo cost this much?  Has crazy slipped through the cracks from the development department and has now infected all the others?

Intrigued minds wanna know!!  

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,366 battles

I would buy the damn camo for it because it’s so pretty... but I can’t bring myself to dump 2m fxp on the boat itself lol. Kind of a lost opportunity there. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Yeah, this is my problem with the camo.  I love the look of the black lacquer perma camo, but not for 8k dubs or $32 dollars.

24 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

When I first looked at the ship I wondered where that cool looking camo went to when it was originally posted way back when. I knew then I would most likely get it just because of that. Then when it hit the shop no fancy camo I still thought about buying the darn thing. When I clicked on it along with the 2 mill FXP they also added 1 credit. I was like WTH WG! Do I even get a captain? A bonus something? I've held off so far buying. Then I started seeing  that the fancy camo  was there but was yet another additional add on of 8000 doubloons!!  :Smile_facepalm:

No new event flags. No new event camos. Everything seems its being re-hashed. The only new thing new from the Art Department has an outrageous price tag! Seriously! Did the beer can camo cost this much?  Has crazy slipped through the cracks from the development department and has now infected all the others?

Intrigued minds wanna know!!  

I don't care much about getting captains with premium ships.  I never buy the high end bundles for premium ships with all the extra goodies.  I always buy the bare bones ship-only packages. 

Did the beer can camo (i.e. the Kobayashi camo) cost that much?  Yeah, I think that it did, and it was for a lesser tier ship.

Honestly, the Hayate wasn't released as part of some event.  Heck, when was the last Japanese event in WoWS?  It's been a LONG time since there was a Japanese event, unless one wants to consider the relatively common anime events.  It might have been kind of cool if the Devs had thrown together a Directive based event where the final prize was the Black Lacquer perma camo, but maybe made it one of those perma camos that could be used on multiple ships.  (That is, pick a ship and the camo becomes permanently linked to that ship.)  I was thinking maybe give it the choice of one of three ships, i.e. the tier 10 IJN DDs.

Side note:  The price of a perma camo isn't set by the art department.  It's set my the marketing department, I'd think.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,218 posts
21,461 battles
2 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

I'd have agree. A T10 permacamo (unless something's changed I don't know about) is 5000dubloons/~$20. $11/3000dubloons for 3 mosaic camos on top is...a bit steep.

Maybe if it provided some extra bonus....  But it mirrors that benefits of the bundled camo.  Again.  I was looking for a reason to get it but not at that cost.

[WOLFC]
Members
490 posts
6,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Maybe if it provided some extra bonus....  But it mirrors that benefits of the bundled camo.  Again.  I was looking for a reason to get it but not at that cost.

Yeah, if it had some similar bonus to the Kobayashi camos, and you hit yourself in the head with a hammer, it might start to make sense. But not as is.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
3 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

Yeah, if it had some similar bonus to the Kobayashi camos, and you hit yourself in the head with a hammer, it might start to make sense. But not as is.

You mean like  Black Lacquer Camo Versus  the Yamato Kobiyashi camo Lol , You might have a point with Roma  and some of the lower tier IJN  BB's not with Yamato  tho,Really the difference I can see between the Hayate's Black Lacquer camo is the look and appearance not the stats of what they for the ship. And to tell the truth I do much prefer Hayate's Black Lacquer Camo to Yamato's not enuff to buy it or the ship it's supposed to cover tho.Two Million Free Exp is just too much for her,Perhaps for Benham  it might be worth it I'm not sure about that tho.And $$$32.00 is too much for camo that's only saving point is it's prettyimage.png.361fd8b9114410d9a8cf3092cd545c0e.pngimage.png.c934dc973c32032874dbff538c426386.pngimage.png.1d5076e8ac60f1545d072c8a34a3ec49.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Members
544 posts
13,375 battles

I think $32 is a bit steep too.  I was more commenting on the beauty of the camo more than anything else.  I’m not gonna get the ship but I would drop $20 on a camo as nice as that one.

Comp

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
1 hour ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

I think $32 is a bit steep too.  I was more commenting on the beauty of the camo more than anything else.  I’m not gonna get the ship but I would drop $20 on a camo as nice as that one.

Comp

I just might as well....................................'If'  the only thing making it that price wasn't visual! If perhaps in addition to the Visual it had Monetary Compensation such as Roma's Kobiyashi camo Yes! A Hands Down Purchase!  Are you listening War Gaming?   And  @Hapa_Fodder  Please pass this on a Visually as well as a Monetarily pleasing camo  such as the ones for As @Admiral_Thunder posted and I quoted below is worth paying  A  Little More For! Not A Lot A Little!

Just a heads up for anyone with one of these 3 ships who does not have the Kobayashi camo for it and has wanted it. They are being sold in the Premium Shop right now (shows available for 6 days). Not cheap but it is basically a T10 perma camo (ugly as heck but good benefits) for your T7 or T8 ship.

I didn't have it for Kii (had other 2) so took the opportunity to grab it. Might actually make me play it more as it will earn really well with this camo. Also, it does not appear that these are available in the port for doubloons either as I looked for Kii''s there 1st. Premium Shop only it appears.

As said, it is basically a T10 perma camo for these 3 ships. They all share the same benefits...

• -3% Detection Range (sea)
  • +4% Enemy Gun Dispersion
  • +20% Credits Earned
  • -50% Service Fee
  • +100% XP Earned

Ashitaka - $27.75 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8245/

Kii - $31.88 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8246/

Roma - $31.88 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8244/

Hope it helps.

In fact here's a few more  1st  Tarnanstrich   for Tirpitz

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +50% experience earned in the battle.
  • +100% Free experience earned in the battle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      2nd for  Adler Prinz Eugen   
  • +10% credits earned in the battle.
  • +50% experience earned in the battle.
  • +50% Commander experience earned in the battle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     3rd      
    • 3% to surface detectability range.
    • +50% Commander experience earned in the battle.
    • +50% Free experience earned in the battle.
    Alternate permanent camouflage for Monarch, Kiev, Charles Martel, New Orleans, and Z-23. Awarded to captains as a reward for completing part or all of the "2 Years of World of Warships" Collection.

• -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
    • +20% credits earned in the battle.
    • +100% experience earned in the battle.
    Alternate premium camouflage for Gearing, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.

Alternate premium camouflage for Z-52, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.
    Alternate premium camouflage for Des Moines, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles
    Alternate premium camouflage for Zao, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event
    Alternate premium camouflage for Moskva, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event
    Alternate premium camouflage for Minotaur, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.
    Alternate premium camouflage for Großer Kurfürst, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.
    Alternate premium camouflage for République, available during Update 0.7.3's and Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event
    Alternate premium camouflage for Shimakaze, available during Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event
    Alternate premium camouflage for Hindenburg, available during Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.
    • -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
    Alternate premium camouflage for Saint-Louis, available during Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event
    Alternate premium camouflage for Henri IV, available during Update 0.8.2's Space Battles event.
Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I spent 5K dubs for permacamos for my Warspite and Shinonome, which - just like the Hayate - are premium ships and come with their own out of the box. The difference is that those permacamos give markedly higher XP and cash yields per battle, and over a while that adds up. 

This one does nothing that the permacamo issued with Hayate doesn't do. It's nothing more than 8000 doubloons of eye candy. If it slapped on some sort of obscene Commander or Free XP percentage, or both, then and only then would it be worth considering. Otherwise no. Not for me.

That's a shame, because it is indeed a damn fine looking camo.

You're right, Cthulhu.  It does rather suck that you have to pay $32 extra dollars for a tier 10 perma-camo on a premium/"special" ship that already comes with a tier 10 camo.  Unlike the perma camos for tech tree tier 10's that you'd pay 5k gold and get special bonuses for that 5k gold, you really don't get any extra special bonuses with this beautiful Hayate perma camo that don't already come with the generic perma camo that comes with the ship.  

I realize that the devs probably don't want to include any credit based extra bonuses above and beyond the existing ones on tier 10 perma camos, but maybe an additional +100% for Commander's XP (on top of all the existing tier 10 perma camo bonuses) would be nice.  Commander's XP really doesn't seem to have many economic implications, like, say, a FXP bonus might.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
667 posts
13,725 battles

The Black Friday camos doesn't give a larger bonus do they? Did those ships cost more than their normal counterparts? And the ARP ships originally? 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
On 5/1/2020 at 12:49 AM, ArtfulNothing_ said:

The Black Friday camos doesn't give a larger bonus do they? Did those ships cost more than their normal counterparts? And the ARP ships originally? 

Nope same old same old,As far as the ARP ships from what I've seen in posts they and a few others couldn't use camos at all two of which are the Southern Dragon ,Eastern Dragon  I have the Eastern Dragon   and their skins give appearance of camo only  image.png.93232a63554e4219d77b6c0e637da236.pngimage.png.5fced45bcb08a4cb35bef95783d7a584.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
On 4/29/2020 at 1:31 PM, Crucis said:

Yeah, this is my problem with the camo.  I love the look of the black lacquer perma camo, but not for 8k dubs or $32 dollars.

I don't care much about getting captains with premium ships.  I never buy the high end bundles for premium ships with all the extra goodies.  I always buy the bare bones ship-only packages. 

Did the beer can camo (i.e. the Kobayashi camo) cost that much?  Yeah, I think that it did, and it was for a lesser tier ship.

Honestly, the Hayate wasn't released as part of some event.  Heck, when was the last Japanese event in WoWS?  It's been a LONG time since there was a Japanese event, unless one wants to consider the relatively common anime events.  It might have been kind of cool if the Devs had thrown together a Directive based event where the final prize was the Black Lacquer perma camo, but maybe made it one of those perma camos that could be used on multiple ships.  (That is, pick a ship and the camo becomes permanently linked to that ship.)  I was thinking maybe give it the choice of one of three ships, i.e. the tier 10 IJN DDs.

Side note:  The price of a perma camo isn't set by the art department.  It's set my the marketing department, I'd think.

Yes I remember buying it, and you are absolutely correct, it put a T10 camo on a T8 ship, so even though it cost 8K in gold, the Kobayashi camo is so worth it.

Members
3,116 posts
6,729 battles

Ah that's a shame. It is a gorgeous camo. The only situation in which I might buy it without a large econ benefit would be if I really, really like Hayate when I get her. Which is a while away, as I only have 650k FXP earned since I bought Smaland.

The other four ships I might buy purely cosmetic camo for just because I like them all so much are Thunderer, Friesland, Minotaur, and Benham.

I have some precedent here, too, as I did love Haida enough to buy the Maple Leaf camo, but that was a lot cheaper.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,359 battles
On 5/1/2020 at 10:04 AM, shadowsrmine said:

As far as the ARP ships from what I've seen in posts they and a few others couldn't use camos at all

That has now been rectified, for which WG be praised. I do love my ARP Myoko, AND all the Kongos.

I reckon if they'd made this camo available exclusively for some crazy amount of Base XP to be earned in the Hayate, people would have fallen over themselves to blow FXP on the ship and grind to it.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:19 AM, ArtfulNothing_ said:

Did those ships cost more than their normal counterparts?

The last time I remember the Eastern Dragon was on sale, IIRC it was MUCH cheaper than your average T7 premium cruiser because you couldn't swap camos and it didn't have the dispersion, detection and economic buffs. I think that was somewhere back in 2018 in a twofer bundle with the Atlanta, from which you could surmise the Dragon's price. If someone hadn't already gifted me an Atlanta earlier that year, I probably would have bought that package.

I wasn't in the game the first time the ARP ships were available and I can't even remember if they were for sale then, since the original event offered them all as prizes in an in-game grind. The do-over event this year offered them as full premiums with the usual camo bonuses for their tiers, for the same price as a T5 BB (Kongo clones) and a T7 CA (Myoko clones), and the Takao was only available in a package that was significantly more expensive than the Atago she duplicates.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,598 posts
On 4/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, Efros said:

People like OP who beg to spend $32 for a camo are the reason WG doesn't invest in game play. 

Why should they when they can find people that will throw money at them for shiny objects.:Smile_glasses:

Gs50w6D.gif

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

I agree; it's beautiful. They should give it as an option for the tech tree T10 IJN DDs at the very least

• Cool 1