Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BurntOut_Koalas

New players .... playing with Rentals and buy me ships

8 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
14,500 battles

Hi All,

We have all seen runaway matches, hell i have see 4 of my ships die before i even fired a shot if I am in a Battleship.

But since the rentals I am seeing it getting worse.  To a point that if you don't division up you can't even carry... and we all have carried many times with potatoes.

You know what Wargaming, it's not only fun for either the newbie or your regular paying player base.... the Newbie gets smacked and well they quit don't they?

To me it's all about making a quick buck and you know what people will quit who have been playing/paying Wargaming for 3 or more years.... So I stress this is not good for your economy and as they say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

please no more.JPG

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,842 battles

I don't care about that.  If it generates interest in players to try something and possibly leading into purchases to fund the game, then so be it.  Matter of fact, over the years people have indeed asked for Rentals of Premium Ships.

And that's just 3 I looked up in Google for only 2016 with people asking to try out Premiums before buying.  There's going to be even more.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles

Rentals are a great idea. I hope they do it again.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,929 posts
8,006 battles

Rentals are a good thing, full stop. WG doesn't gatekeep premium purchases, so there's no difference between a new player rolling out in a rental, or one buying an Alaska and going straight to tier IX. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles

Translation: Get these n00bs off my team and give me unicums to carry me through.

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, BurntOut_Koalas said:

Hi All,

We have all seen runaway matches, hell i have see 4 of my ships die before i even fired a shot if I am in a Battleship.

But since the rentals I am seeing it getting worse.  To a point that if you don't division up you can't even carry... and we all have carried many times with potatoes.

You know what Wargaming, it's not only fun for either the newbie or your regular paying player base.... the Newbie gets smacked and well they quit don't they?

To me it's all about making a quick buck and you know what people will quit who have been playing/paying Wargaming for 3 or more years.... So I stress this is not good for your economy and as they say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

please no more.JPG

Rentals are only for clan battles. Difference between T9 and T10 is huge and a lot of players couldn't participate in a mode that requires a crapton of netoworking to even play.  And that mode is still restrictive af, you need 6 or 7(forgot how many)people to be onboard at the same time, and it almost bans two entire classes. 

Love the idea of a clan but in execution it's the worst mode in the game even with rentals because it takes so much work just to start. No rentals would make it worse, they are there for a reason. I have almost 2,000 matches and only 1 T10(with the aid of UK BB launch challenges), what percentage of the cruiser/DD/BB playerbase would be able to play clan battles without rental? 

Sign in to follow this