Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

should subs have secondary and AA armaments   

13 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. should subs have secondary and AA armaments

• yes
    • no

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2020 at 05:00 AM

15 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
265 battles

so i know the focus of submarines is to engage in torpedo attacks, but on the surface they are almost helpless, if a torpedo tube isn't aimed at a ship you simply cant attack it, so, why don't you implement deck guns as secondary armament, and i know what your thinking, that would make them over powered. But, they would only fire HE shells and would be as effective as only one of a tier II destroyers guns,  just enough to keep you enemy occupied by some fire on their ship so you can slip away, i'd also like some AA guns, just enough to shot down 2 or 3 planes but not enough  to repel a full air attack.       

Edited by astro_leviathan

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

I really dont know how to respond to this one... Subs, at present are a work in progress... I hope they dont release them yet in their current state...

Its just to early, to say if subs need AA... AA in WOWS is a very contested, hot topic... I leaning no but I am also saying to early.

• Cool 1

[STAFF]
[STAFF]
Members
69 posts
4,230 battles

Honestly, its already easy for subs to slip away. Using the 6.0/6.1 depth mechanic, your already pretty safe unless depth charges come your way. Overall, definetely need more changes to depth mechanic and surfacing/sinking than to subs being able to protect themselves.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
59 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I really dont know how to respond to this one... Subs, at present are a work in progress... I hope they dont release them yet in their current state...

Its just to early, to say if subs need AA... AA in WOWS is a very contested, hot topic... I leaning no but I am also saying to early.

devblog says they will be in 9.4

Members
15 posts
265 battles

when i asked for the deck guns i was thinking about destroyers, the deck guns were meant to distract a destroyer coming at you, while their deck is on fire you can slip out of their ASW zone.      

Members
15 posts
265 battles
23 hours ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

Honestly, its already easy for subs to slip away. Using the 6.0/6.1 depth mechanic, your already pretty safe unless depth charges come your way. Overall, definetely need more changes to depth mechanic and surfacing/sinking than to subs being able to protect themselves.

yes the depth mechanics need some fine-tuning but id love to have deck guns and AA armament, it would make WOW's subs just that bit closer to there real life counterparts , and make them an easier switch for players that haven't played the beta test        

Members
15 posts
265 battles
23 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

its not to early (ish...) but many players have been waiting for this moment, so i don't sea, your problem (dab)  

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, astro_leviathan said:

the beta testing is for update 9.4

what are you talking about?  we have been doing PTS testing ... we have done 2 rounds, we are well past "beta" they go live in 9.4 with their own mode... I haven't seen any mention of the word "beta" ... i could see how you might think that though.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/15

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
1 minute ago, astro_leviathan said:

its not to early (ish...) but many players have been waiting for this moment so i don't se your problem 

They can wait some more, no need to rush it out... We;re on lock down after all... Maybe to the untrained eye subs are "good to go"... I see see them as not yet done... 

Some people like "not yet done" food or content... In my opinion, subs need to be evaluated fully (especially the underwater and Depth charge interface/interaction).

Subs are not ready... What we get, is what we're going to have to be content with...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
24 minutes ago, astro_leviathan said:

on the dev blog it said  BETA in all caps

lol the Dev blog website is Beta  not the content haha

Here:

"We should not forget about players who participated in the three stages of Beta Test - thanks to you, many improvements were made which allowed submarines to finally reach Public Test."

Sign in to follow this