Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

Ersatz Hessen (D-class pocket battleship)

5 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
4,212 battles

History: D class cruisers are a improvement on the Deutschland class  Panzerschiffe (armored ships) (pocket battleship). Hitler approved the project but wanted only the armor to be increased and not the armament. this gave the ship a displacement of 20,000 t. one out of two were laid down but was cancelled 5 months after the keel was laid. It was also determined that an enlarged version to challenge the Dunkerque class ships, hence the Scharnhorst class battleships. Ersatz Hessen's main armament is similar to graf spee. the secondary armament has a 4x2 arrangement is the 15 cm secondary guns in enclosed mounts found on Bismarck. and it might have the same kind of torpedoes that the graf spee had, but it is unknown.

this ship is a predecessor of the Wows Agir (tier 9) so i would think that this could be a tier 8 ship because its a improvement to the graf spee and I believe that it will fit right with this tier.

Edited by cmjohnson207
  • Cool 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts

Possibly due to the mechanics of the game it would wind up at T7 no higher as the 283s would probably if not most likely struggle to pen. Its like trying to upteir the Scharn by giving it more armor and no gun power.

Would still like to see the concept of it though. :Smile_honoring:

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,960 posts
6,096 battles

A really intresting ship. But is enough for tier 8? I was thinking 7.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,257 posts
18,735 battles
53 minutes ago, Versili said:

Possibly due to the mechanics of the game it would wind up at T7 no higher as the 283s would probably if not most likely struggle to pen. Its like trying to upteir the Scharn by giving it more armor and no gun power.

about sums up Odin after her changes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
92 posts
2,073 battles

Having made an entire split for German PanzerShiff I think placing the D class at tier 8 is way to high. The ships lacked the improved guns and even size of the P class which you could give a reload of 17.5sec. That's if your using the standard D class which the Ersatz Elsass is her, sister ship (whose name you used) is the improved design which is a D class with an extra 283 turret, increased weight to 30,000tons and it can go at 30knots. Basically the improved D class is the Dutch BC design 1047. 

Sign in to follow this