Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Was there an update today?

19 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,991 posts
9,972 battles

I checked the Announcement forum, the General Discussion forum and the WoWs website and couldn't find anything.

But when I logged into battle today all of my mods were gone and I was stuck with the POS "dynamic" crosshair that WG refuses to fix.

Did I miss it?

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I checked the Announcement forum, the General Discussion forum and the WoWs website and couldn't find anything.

But when I logged into battle today all of my mods were gone and I was stuck with the POS "dynamic" crosshair that WG refuses to fix.

Did I miss it?

If it was a poisonous snake, you'd be dead Cpt.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/armada-hayate/

• Funny 2

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles
[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

All it does is drop Hayate.

It also seems to have modified my Minotaur Unique Upgrade mission. The premium consumables which constitute rewards for some of the mission stages are no longer there; each has been replaced by a wooden box with their equivalent credit value. It's no skin off my nose - they'll be irrelevant anyway in about another week when all consumables become free and premium-grade - it's just interesting that they chose to do that before the changeover.

9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

And make my client lock up after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Odd. I didn't have that problem.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

sad part... no record of the update in wgc (in notifications) so whats the point of notification tracking in WGC if it isn't accurate?

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles

I missed it too.  Wasn't much reason for me to read the Hayate article.

[CAP]
Members
338 posts
15,065 battles
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It also seems to have modified my Minotaur Unique Upgrade mission. The premium consumables which constitute rewards for some of the mission stages are no longer there; each has been replaced by a wooden box with their equivalent credit value. It's no skin off my nose - they'll be irrelevant anyway in about another week when all consumables become free and premium-grade - it's just interesting that they chose to do that before the changeover.

That change was made last patch because they will be making premium consumables the norm.  So they have been turned into credit equivalents. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
1 minute ago, Jitta77 said:

That change was made last patch because they will be making premium consumables the norm.  So they have been turned into credit equivalents. 

I knew why it had happened and I knew it was coming; I just didn't expect it before the actual changeover.

[YORHA]
Members
4,991 posts
9,972 battles

Glad to see that, smartass responses by people already in my killfile aside, I wasn't the only one who didn't equate an article flogging WG's latest Powercreep fest with a full .exe up-date.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
31 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

smartass responses by people already in my killfile aside,

:Smile_trollface:

32 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

an article flogging WG's latest Powercreep fest

But... but... all the coolest CCs said she was a load of steaming, dysenteric chihuahua diarrhoea! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,714 posts
4,630 battles

<bleh>

Edited by iDuckman

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,487 posts
13,882 battles
17 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Did I miss it?

Aloha,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/armada-hayate/

This update was also up on the WGC.

update.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,487 posts
13,882 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Shame it doesn't come up as a notification in WGC:

image.thumb.png.1192b628acbfed8e664eab3c992df5c7.png

Hmmmm, wonder why....  That is odd... I'll ring some bells, see what I can come up with.

-Hapa

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Shame it doesn't come up as a notification in WGC:

It hardly needs to when you can see it on the right hand side of the screen without even pulling up the notifications.

Clearly you aren't spreading your data-gathering net wide enough.

Every day I want to know: What's changed? Are there new mechanics? Is there something new for sale? How much is it, and do I want it? What freebies are there for the having? I'm constantly after having free stuff, a camo here or a few flags there, especially since in the pixel world the supply of such things is pretty much limitless (and when it isn't, I can accept that there are some competitions I'm simply not going to win).

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It hardly needs to when you can see it on the right hand side of the screen without even pulling up the notifications.

Clearly you aren't spreading your data-gathering net wide enough.

Every day I want to know: What's changed? Are there new mechanics? Is there something new for sale? How much is it, and do I want it? What freebies are there for the having? I'm constantly after having free stuff, a camo here or a few flags there, especially since in the pixel world the supply of such things is pretty much limitless (and when it isn't, I can accept that there are some competitions I'm simply not going to win).

it does need to, or why bother with the notifications at all.  if it is there, it should be used consistently, or not at all.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
5 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Hmmmm, wonder why....  That is odd... I'll ring some bells, see what I can come up with.

-Hapa

I just looked back through the notification history and I can see that no updates for WoWs are shown in notifications, just WoWs PTS.  WoT na, and WoT EU are showing, WGC updates are showing, but no updates for WoWs NA.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

it does need to, or why bother with the notifications at all. 

I never even look at them and I seem to stay abreast of most things. 

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this