You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Prem time ending, now I can play what I want. Anyone else feel traped with prem time?

40 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

I have had about 2 months of prem time and feel obligated to grind almost to the point that it is no longer fun.

Time was well spent and ground alot of RB points and the Itialian line but ready to play Alaska or Lex again.  

Anyone eles found them selves feeling traped in a way with prem time?

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

no, i don't play without it... i don't see the point.. if you enjoy the game support it... (if you can afford to of course)

funny how this post gets a downvote, lemme guess a f2p player?  you are welcome.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 5

[WORX]
Members
10,612 posts
18,506 battles

Nope, Premium Time is only an obligation when you have an imaginary goal attach to it...

I have premium time, I play when I can... Not as an obligation.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,733 posts
4,630 battles

I watch it tick away.  It's money already spent.  Nothing I do now will get it back. 

The short-time grants on accounts where I don't have a lot of it, though, still exert some pressure to play.

Now, why Prem Time should dictate that you play certain ships, I don't understand...

@jags_domain You should edit your topic line.  (You can, you know.  Just edit your OP and look up.)

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I watch it tick away.  It's money already spent.  Nothing I do now will get it back. 

The short-time grants on accounts where I don't have a lot of it, though, still exert some pressure to play.

Now, why Prem Time should dictate that you play certain ships, I don't understand...

@jags_domain You should edit your topic line.  (You can, you know.  Just edit your OP and look up.)

Thanks.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

on thing that does get me... though it is tanks... here you have signals for exp buffs... there they have timed boosters.... those things are trash... ok yes they boost exp/credits etc, but those things make you play, the time ticks off regardless if you are playing or not, and of course there is the conspiracy crew who think the game is rigged so you lose when using those boosters...  (granted the only time I can remember using a 3hr booster the server suffered a ddos attack and i couldn't play for 12 hrs... lol )

[USCC2]
Members
6,051 posts

25 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have had about 2 months of prem time and feel obligated to grind almost to the point that it is no longer fun.

Time was well spent and ground alot of RB points and the Itialian line but ready to play Alaska or Lex again.  

Yea!!!!!

I was having lunch one day and this dude was complaning that he felt obliged to grind in this game just because he had premium time.

Can't understand why people just can't be happy and enjoy what they have; like premium time.

Sound a little familiar?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
21 minutes ago, SKurj said:

on thing that does get me... though it is tanks... here you have signals for exp buffs... there they have timed boosters.... those things are trash... ok yes they boost exp/credits etc, but those things make you play, the time ticks off regardless if you are playing or not, and of course there is the conspiracy crew who think the game is rigged so you lose when using those boosters...  (granted the only time I can remember using a 3hr booster the server suffered a ddos attack and i couldn't play for 12 hrs... lol )

Lets hope they dont bring that here.

I have waited to collect 24 hour prem to max out the time.

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
44 minutes ago, SKurj said:

For me they’re just piling up. So many now from just logging in for Christmas and other various events I have to open up the proper UI window to see exactly how many I have, (the number indicator in the upper left of the garage UI just says 99+.)

I start them for the few games I do play, and so pretty much don’t care I f they’re ‘wasted’ or not.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
45 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Now, why Prem Time should dictate that you play certain ships, I don't understand..

@jags_domain

For me, it's only a factor when I have free premium, and don't plan on paying for it in the near future.

Basically, it encourages me to play certain ships, typically higher-tier ships I'm grinding, or high-tier premiums with 19-pt. captains.

That way, I'm not really hampering credit gain by playing high-tier tech tree ships, and maximising credit and EXP gain for the premiums.

Also, any movement of captains is usually held off until I have premium time.

Note that, if I decide to purchase premium time, I'm not really affected, until maybe the last 7 days.

Members
4,455 posts
19,429 battles

I'm not going to buy any Premium time because WG might pull something that makes want to just spontaneously dump the game and move on. Like I did after the CV rebork.

Edited by ReddNekk

[SIM]
Members
4,922 posts
7,996 battles

I don’t have that kind of compulsion in Warships, but I used to feel it in World of Tanks. Hopefully it’s a load off your mind. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nope, Premium Time is only an obligation when you have an imaginary goal attack to it...

I have premium time, I play when I can... Not as an obligation.

This, I have premium time and much of my play is in the middle tiers on lines where I am well past those ships on with test ships that only build free and elite captains experience.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I feel that way when i premium time is running out soon.  I will grind what i can.  Since I have about 6 months left, I can play the game without much worry which I like.    But when premium time runs out, I stop playing the game because I feel like I am making a loss with every battle so ends up hurting me to play the game

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I don’t have that kind of compulsion in Warships, but I used to feel it in World of Tanks. Hopefully it’s a load off your mind. 

I lost any compulsion I felt to play Tanks three years ago; right about the time I realized I’d never be good enough to be able to have any fun.

(Sure be nice if Tanks had a PvE mode.)

About 1,400+ games that first year? A few that might have qualified as fun? But not enough.

100 games, if that? In the three years since. Pretty much just a few to even out my total games played per vehicle, a few seized by insanity games, and an annual five KV-1 games on my anniversary date.

If I could somehow convert the value of my Tanks account into value in Warships, I’d do it and never look back.

Tanks is one of the very few things I’ve ever felt was a complete waste of time and effort, especially in hindsight.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
27 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

For me, it's only a factor when I have free premium, and don't plan on paying for it in the near future.

Basically, it encourages me to play certain ships, typically higher-tier ships I'm grinding, or high-tier premiums with 19-pt. captains.

That way, I'm not really hampering credit gain by playing high-tier tech tree ships, and maximising credit and EXP gain for the premiums.

Also, any movement of captains is usually held off until I have premium time.

Note that, if I decide to purchase premium time, I'm not really affected, until maybe the last 7 days.

You said it much better than I did.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

Yes and No.

I don't buy premium time because a) I'm cheap, and b) I don't think I play enough to justify it. Sometimes I just don't feel like playing for a week or two. And why am I paying for something I'm not using? And when I do have premium time, it does factor into my decision on what to do with my free time. Even free time I get from various events I try to utilize the best way possible.

Now that said, if I'm not having fun I'm not going to play. That defeats the purpose. If I just don't feel like WOWS for whatever reason, I'm not going to play just because I have premium. Same logic applies if things just aren't working out for me on a given day, I'll ALT-F4 after 5 losses with or without premium. And while I try to get a grind done on premium time, if I just can't take that ship anymore, I'm going to play something fun. 

So yes, it does pressure me a bit, but I don't allow it to force me into playing something when I'm not having fun. I have plenty of things I can do that are not fun, I don't need to be adding to them.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
29 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I lost any compulsion I felt to play Tanks three years ago; right about the time I realized I’d never be good enough to be able to have any fun.

About 1,400+ games that first year? A few that might have qualified as fun? But not enough.

100 games, if that? In the three years since. Pretty much just a few to even out my total games played per vehicle, a few seized by insanity games, and an annual five KV-1 games on my anniversary date.

If I could somehow convert the value of my Tanks account into value in Warships, I’d do it and never look back.

Tanks is one of the very few things I’ve ever felt was a complete waste of time and effort, especially in hindsight.

pve is coming in may, at least for a test mode...  don't have to be 'good enough' to have fun... 

[SIM]
Members
4,922 posts
7,996 battles
39 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If not for the fact that World of Tanks was my gateway to learning about the history and theory of armored combat, I’d regard it as a similar waste. It’s a game that I wish that I could enjoy, but I can’t find the fun in it anymore. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,316 battles

I played for a couple of years for free, with a few premium ship purchases.  Two years ago I bought a year of WoWS premium time for 50% off (I would have bought it 3 years ago, but WG decided to inflate the sale with a bunch of pork, so I passed).  Last year, I added another year for another 50% off.  This is such a good deal for your money...as long as WG offers it, I highly recommend it.

One year down, I still have nearly 1 1/2 year remaining due to WG's premium time rewards for various missions/events...so WG, :cap_like: for that!!!

All that said, having long-term premium time eliminates the compulsion to grind to maximize short-term premium time.  I always have premium time, so I always get maximum benefits for whatever I play.  And, that is a nice feeling!

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
46 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

I feel that way when i premium time is running out soon.  I will grind what i can.  Since I have about 6 months left, I can play the game without much worry which I like.    But when premium time runs out, I stop playing the game because I feel like I am making a loss with every battle so ends up hurting me to play the game

Yea. I have 12 hours left but I finished my grinding for now.

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
29 minutes ago, SKurj said:

pve is coming in may, at least for a test mode...  don't have to be 'good enough' to have fun... 

Hmm... We’ll have to see about that first.

Had a Tog II game once that might have been fun. A Chaffee game I seem to recall was such. Maybe a Super Pershing game that was? A KV-1 game I spent most of tracked, but the Reds kept feeding me tanks. (Got the medals for 5+ kills, and top 5% (1%? Whatever that tip-top % for a vehicle in a day medal is.) A game were I platooned with an old friend and just followed him around, and another KV-1 game where I followed mediums to support them, wound up in the Red cap, and sat there for two minutes capping, asking if I should keep doing so or come help someone. A win. Sorta-kinda fun? Not sure if I even fired a shot that game.

A few others, maybe? So; perhaps a dozen games out of nearly 1,500 now that were memorable or ‘fun.’

Hard to have fun when you die so fast, usually from things you never see, that your morale and motivation is consistently destroyed again and again.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hmm... We’ll have to see about that first.

Had a Tog II game once that might have been fun. A Chaffee game I seem to recall was such. Maybe a Super Pershing game that was? A KV-1 game I spent most of tracked, but the Reds kept feeding me tanks. (Got the medals for 5+ kills, and top 5% (1%? Whatever that tip-top % for a vehicle in a day medal is.) A game were I platooned with an old friend and just followed him around, and another KV-1 game where I followed mediums to support them, wound up in the Red cap, and sat there for two minutes capping, asking if I should keep doing so or come help someone. A win. Sorta-kinda fun? Not sure if I even fired a shot that game.

A few others, maybe? So; perhaps a dozen games out of nearly 1,500 now that were memorable or ‘fun.’

Hard to have fun when you die so fast, usually from things you never see, that your morale and motivation is consistently destroyed again and again.

its just like ships when it comes to spotting mechanics... just have to figure them out then learn to exploit them to your advantage.  Of course there are other options such as brawling in heavies.

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

I’ve never bought premium time, specially when I could use at most 3 hours out of 24 per day; that said, whenever I’ve had it it was well spent.

I rather buy more “permanent” items such as Premium Ships, which I can play whenever I want, and will be there as long as the servers keep running.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
10 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

I’ve never bought premium time, specially when I could use at most 3 hours out of 24 per day; that said, whenever I’ve had it it was well spent.

I rather buy more “permanent” items such as Premium Ships, which I can play whenever I want, and will be there as long as the servers keep running.

If we ever get back to work that will be me. Why buy prem time when I can play 3 games a day.

I dont mind spending a few bucks here and there because every hobby has a price tag.