You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

I demand a 1:40 FXP rate discount

28 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
505 posts
10,114 battles

I demand a 1:40 FXP rate discount!

Thank you for giving us 2 2 million FXP ships

but I have no FXP for now.

Please have a discount to justify my spending,

or I can always wait til the end of the year to get them from loot boxes.

Thank you!

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles

It's called artificially induced inflation to keep long term players from getting too far ahead of newer players. The earn rate has increased significantly so the prices have as well.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,445 posts
7,686 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's called artificially induced inflation to keep long term players from getting too far ahead of newer players. The earn rate has increased significantly so the prices have as well.

It's a virtual economy not a real one. No way you can justify WG's price gouging here.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles

I would join if they gave us something like 1:500 or so. I sit on 50mio+ shipXP but I wouldn't waste my money on a XP exchange even with 1:40.

• Cool 5

[WOLFG]
Members
9,559 posts
8,505 battles
3 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

It's a virtual economy not a real one. No way you can justify WG's price gouging here.

@Hapa_Fodder explained in another thread they don't wan't the game inundated with these new free XP ships.

Reading between the lines, while people paying for it makes them happy, people playing the game to earn the FXP also makes them happy.  And too many players could just pick it up right now if the FXP price were too low.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,027 posts
13,273 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's called artificially induced inflation to keep long term players from getting too far ahead of newer players.

If you think about it, it doesn’t do that very well. Really, their particular course does the opposite in some respects: there is no avenue (other than lootboxes) for new players to catch up to experienced players who have Missouri, Musashi, Kronshtadt, EtCeteragrad. In those particular cases, the experienced players are locked in to their advantage.

[KERMT]
Members
1,003 posts
1 hour ago, Primace said:

Thank you for giving us 2 2 million FXP ships

but I have no FXP for now.

Please have a discount to justify my spending,

or I can always wait til the end of the year to get them from loot boxes.

Thank you!

I demand you not be so entitled. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,217 posts
16,026 battles

XpWG inflation is no joke, lol..... I have most the fxp ships but gotta rebuild to get the smaland..... My Nelson was the best bang for the free xp buck besides who got the Mizu

Members
6,857 posts
15,299 battles
51 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Who said I was justifying it? I'm rationalizing it

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,505 posts
13,885 battles
50 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

@Hapa_Fodder explained in another thread they don't wan't the game inundated with these new free XP ships.

Reading between the lines, while people paying for it makes them happy, people playing the game to earn the FXP also makes them happy.  And too many players could just pick it up right now if the FXP price were too low.

Aloha,

I'll just repost what I said.

So something that some may not know is the level of data that we look at when releasing ships, especially premium or "special" ships.

One of the things we did for Hayate is first to ask the community what you'd like to the purchase currency to be for this ship. After these results were found, that the community wanted FXP as the currency for this ship we had to look holistically at the average player, how much FXP they have in order to not necessarily inundate the pool of DD's being played to be full of Hayates and set the cost in accordance with what we felt is/was appropriate.

Though you may not feel that 2 million FXP is appropriate, with you being able to mount every single economic signal if you want, you can accumulate FXP pretty fast. I am sure there are a lot of players that didn't need to convert XP to FXP due to this, in order to purchase her.

In the past we have had feedback from the community that they have so much FXP built up that they needed something to spend it on, so this is another option to do so, this is actually feed back that has been mentioned on numerous occasions over the years.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
51 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They need to put a cap on the various resources to prevent large accumulations.  If for instance there was a 2.5 mil cap on FXP, a 2 mil ship would ensure that the next FXP would still be many months out before it could be acquired. 

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
14 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

They need to put a cap on the various resources to prevent large accumulations.  If for instance there was a 2.5 mil cap on FXP, a 2 mil ship would ensure that the next FXP would still be many months out before it could be acquired. 

Unfortunately, you'd have people who just quit playing if that was the case.  Once they hit the cap, there is nothing for them to do.  This isn't like an MMORPG, where after I cap 1 resource, I can go do something else.

15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Though you may not feel that 2 million FXP is appropriate, with you being able to mount every single economic signal if you want, you can accumulate FXP pretty fast. I am sure there are a lot of players that didn't need to convert XP to FXP due to this, in order to purchase her.

While I greatly appreciate the Mount All options, and the ability to mount a ton of flags, we are now at a point in which flag use WAAAAAAAY out paces flag production/acquisition.

There are only so many avenues to obtain flags.  Not everyone has thousands stored up.

No skin in this game personally, I have little interest in the ship or spending that much FXP on a single one.  I'd rather do the RB.....which is saying something.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 3

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,181 battles
25 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Unfortunately, you'd have people who just quit playing if that was the case.  Once they hit the cap, there is nothing for them to do.  This isn't like an MMORPG, where after I cap 1 resource, I can go do something else.

It's a suggestion for limiting runaway inflation vs significantly raising prices.  2mil FXP is a stupid move for both ships.  If there was a cap put on it, players would have to use it and / or stop using flags to earn increased amounts.  Setting a price of 2mil FXP is the wrong way to go about it IMO.  Another way would be to convert excesses of FXP into CXP, a currency that cannot purchase ships. 

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,744 battles

2 million free experience isnt that hard to get.

Reset a ship line and use stacked flags and camos to progress faster while accumulating free experience. Right now is a great time to also stack camo and flags onto ships like Donskoi and Schors to get your experience ready for the split while also farming free experience. I was getting 18k experience and 18k free experience in my good Donskoi games as I built experience up for Nevsky.

Also, stack flags and camos on ships you play in clan battles. You already get a free experience boost for every win.

Finally, if you like to buy ships again stack flags and camos on ships with 25 missions worth of experience boosts.

If all of that is too much for you then dont worry about a silly pixel boat to begin with.

On a side note, releasing 2 ships both costing 2 million free experience back to back is a bit too much in such a short amount of time. That is also true of coal ships being released monthly like Georgia and Yoshino.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Its great that we can use all the flags alowibg for 10k plus fxp but youbhave to have all the flags and great camo.

Camo is hard to find and the flags are hard to get as well. 

It would be great for WG to jamd out the fxp flags and camo like water.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,280 battles
2 hours ago, Primace said:

They could make it 1:1000 and I still would not trade my doubloons for it. 

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,471 battles
2 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

The real economy resembles the game more closely that most would care to admit. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,022 posts
11,568 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In the past we have had feedback from the community that they have so much FXP built up that they needed something to spend it on, so this is another option to do so, this is actually feed back that has been mentioned on numerous occasions over the years.

The first 2 years, maybe in to 3, when we had new lines pretty infrequently, and FXP ships were at best a new, infrequent concept. Now, new lines pop up every 3-4 months, we get a decent rotation of FXP ships - and there should be more at lower tiers - and can use it along with commander xp to train captains - we have more than enough sinks for it and some of those people posting the feedback that I read all those years ago were talking about as well the xp on ships to convert. 1 million i still a lot - still what it takes to get a tier 10 battleship (DD's seem to be a bit less) from tier 1.

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I doubt a lot of players got it without converting. Maybe slightly more than those who got Puerto Rico for free. Also, every economic signal - there is only one any average player is going to have any usable quantity of and that's the basic FXP boosting flag for 300%. At 2000 XP per battle, with that flag and other basic xp increase flag - that's 3-400 xp per match. That means barring any extra FXP from missions it will take in the best case 400 xp scenario FIVE THOUSAND MATCHES (5000). For some perspective I've played since Alpha testing, fairly consistently, and from the last reset of Beta have played 11000 matches in we'll call it 4.5 years. Meaning it would take over 2 years to accumulate the XP - hell that's part of why i don't have Missouri because it took too long to get that much and I was too broke to convert. Especially because we were told it would be permanent and I used some of what I did get thinking I had time to get back up to skip some stock grinds or finish off a painful ship grind. Even at 1 million - which is the fair and right price for a tier 10 cause that's what it takes to get a tech tree ship which it is literally 20 times easier to get xp for - it would take an average player at best probably a year to get the damn thing. I'm maybe above average when I give a damn and I'd say the fastest starting from nothing I could get it is maybe 8-9 months at 1 million. 

Now if you can get hard numbers proving a lot didn't need to convert at all, fine, but you put a poll up I'd just about wager some number converted some amount either in preparation for the next FXP ship or specifically for this. 

But if Wargaming wants to go 'oh, you can mount signals' still - which I have been saying since they upped the price on tier 9 is a malarkey excuse, then they need to start making it absolutely rain special economic flags, camo's with great FXP modifiers and high multiplier win events to come anywhere close to average players getting these ships anytime soon - and not just the bloody whales and top players just like what they did with Puerto Rico.

You say Wargaming looked at the FXP of the average player - sorry, I highly doubt that they looked at that number, or looked at it when it was skewed by things like when CV's got removed or the like. Cause I'm looking at the average XP ships earn, and a good deal even with 50% more XP from the other flag will still be  around 2000 or less xp per battle. Look through the posters that display how many battles they have - only 2 go over 20000, several are sub 10000, others 10-15k. But that's a small sample size - so I went to the Wows-Numbers NA sight to look at the leaderboard for battles played. 1160 players have over 15000 battles played, of that only 315 have over 20k battles played. A further 3378 players have between 10-15000 battles played. The other 89,224 players it records have between 1001 and 9999 battles played. So, most ships even with the 50% increase from the one flag make around the 2000 xp mark (and most that exceed it are the newer high tier ships) meaning with the more easily attained FXP flag only 3-400 FXP per battle, when the majority of players average maybe 2500 battles or less a year or 6.8 battles per day which means on average beyond any extra they get from things it would take them roughly - 1 year to get 1 million FXP. Sure, daily containers if they give some FXP and the like can remove a battle or two from the equation, or maybe have premium time etc - but that's gonna be your rough average for most players to achieve it if they don't buy things and all. 

So yeah - I think 2 million free xp for tier 10's, and 1 million for tier 9's, is very inappropriate because of the cost in cash - especially on the old in store tier 9's that are far cheaper in store which is A: not right and B: I think those are overpriced a bit too, cost vs tech tree ships, and the rough average of what a player does in a if they don't have stupid amounts of cash or insane signals to burn or even premium time to help. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,804 posts
36,535 battles
8 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

I demand you not be so entitled. 

I am entitled to demand that the entitled be not so entitled because I never got a Harumpf from that player.

Members
2,804 posts
36,535 battles

What would be nice is players that have more than a certain number of battles played get a discount that scales up as you approach say 30k battles. LOL 😎

Members
1,092 posts
30 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

What would be nice is players that have more than a certain number of battles played get a discount that scales up as you approach say 30k battles. LOL 😎

Says the man with over 30k battles :cap_horn:

[--K--]
Supertester
1,216 posts
11,067 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I am entitled to demand that the entitled be not so entitled because I never got a Harumpf from that player.

Give the Rifleman a Harumpf. 

[UNCLN]
Members
26 posts
6,977 battles

2 mil FXP feels like too far away that is not obtainable in years without premium accounts/flags+camos.

So the distance between newish player and those who already going "too far ahead" will hardly become closer after all, especially when new ships are added and some are being replaced. So the result will probably be pretty much the same unless those lagging behinds performs really well in game or spending money to speed it up

BTW: I really want to have Musashi, got the HSF camo but no chance to mount it cause I don't have it.