You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

RUS Battleship Guns Loaded (Video translation request)

12 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles

I've seen the Admiral (2008 film) and in it, the titually Admiral never commands a full on Russian dreadnought in the film.  And yet I've found a sequence on Youtube involving the cast of that movie loading the guns and engaging in a Russian dreadnought. Where is this from?  Can anyone who can speak or read Russian explain the context of this Youtube clip?  And why wasn't this in the movie?  Is there english subtitles that can be found for this alternate Admiral film?

VDlR9mB.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[HSD]
Members
703 posts
12,349 battles

Have you tried posting this request on the Eu and Russian forums?

You may gain more traction there if you haven't.

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
Just now, Meatshield_No13 said:

Have you tried posting this request on the Eu and Russian forums?

You may gain more traction there if you haven't.

I don't have a EU or Russian account.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles

The Movie is called Admiral... You can see the whole movie with subtitles on youtube... The beginning of the movie should be recognizable its been meme so many times over...

The first 15 min of the movie is drama and action pack

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
24 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The Movie is called Admiral... You can see the whole movie with subtitles on youtube... The beginning of the movie should be recognizable its been meme so many times over...

The first 15 min of the movie is drama and action pack

But it's not in the movie Admiral, like I said, the titular Admiral never commands a Dreadnought in the movie.  So why is there a sequence involving what appears to be very expensive shots that appears to be separate from the movie?  The video appears to be in an entirely different context with Kolcheck being interrogated by Communists from the very start and giving his life story but that's not how that the narrative in the actual 2008 film goes.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
6 minutes ago, Sventex said:

But it's not in the movie Admiral, like I said, the titular Admiral never commands a Dreadnought in the movie.  So why is there a sequence involving what appears to be very expensive shots that appears to be separate from the movie?  The video appears to be in an entirely different context with Kolcheck being interrogated by Communists from the very start and giving his life story but that's not how that the narrative in the actual 2008 film goes.

Parts of this were in the movie while others were not... Now I am thinking its outtakes or extended version or deleted scenes.

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Parts of this were in the movie while others were not... Now I am thinking its outtakes or extended version or deleted scenes.

Well the whole CGI Battleship and the sequence of the shell and powderbags traveling up the ship into the guns must have cost a fortune.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

Well the whole CGI Battleship and the sequence of the shell and powderbags traveling up the ship into the guns must have cost a fortune.

It happens even in Hollywood.. Some scenes as expensive as they are, get cut out... At least you found the out takes... I tried using Google translate on the description... Nothing.

Now I am thinking its a mini series that accompanied the movie maybe ??? The YT user has more 50min Admiral clips that I never seen in the movie version.

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

It happens even in Hollywood.. Some scenes as expensive as they are, get cut out... At least you found the out takes... I tried using Google translate on the description... Nothing.

Now I am thinking its a mini series that accompanied the movie maybe ??? The YT user has more 50min Admiral clips that I never seen in the movie version.

Ahh, I just checked on wikipedia and it said "An extended version of the movie was made into a 10-part TV mini-series which was shown by Channel One in 2009." so that must be it.  I had never heard of this before today.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Ahh, I just checked on wikipedia and it said "An extended version of the movie was made into a 10-part TV mini-series which was shown by Channel One in 2009." so that must be it.  I had never heard of this before today.

Yup there you go, a movie (a great movie ) PLUS 10 more hrs of content, 5 movies  worth... I'll check that out as well...

Members
43 posts
21,022 battles

If speaking of battleships, you would have to go past the minelaying incident at the beginning.  Incidentally, Kolchak's specialty was mine warfare.  Later in the movie, Kolchak will be aboard the pre-Dreadnought Battleship Slava, the only surviving ship in the Imperial Russian Navy of the five ship Borodino Class (the other four, Kniaz Survorov, Borodino, Alexander III, and Oryol being lost at Tsushima). Slava in the sequence engages German land targets in support of Russian trench positions. Slava would be lost before the end of the war, after Kolchak was transferred to command the Black Sea Fleet shortly before the February Revolution.  

(Incidentally, the only honorable figure in the entire movie "Admiral" is that of General V.O. Kappel, IMHO.)

[REVY]
Members
6,686 posts
5,635 battles
4 hours ago, JFMUO said:

If speaking of battleships, you would have to go past the minelaying incident at the beginning.  Incidentally, Kolchak's specialty was mine warfare.  Later in the movie, Kolchak will be aboard the pre-Dreadnought Battleship Slava, the only surviving ship in the Imperial Russian Navy of the five ship Borodino Class (the other four, Kniaz Survorov, Borodino, Alexander III, and Oryol being lost at Tsushima). Slava in the sequence engages German land targets in support of Russian trench positions. Slava would be lost before the end of the war, after Kolchak was transferred to command the Black Sea Fleet shortly before the February Revolution.  

(Incidentally, the only honorable figure in the entire movie "Admiral" is that of General V.O. Kappel, IMHO.)

You can see in the screenshot I posted that it is not the Slava due to the triple turret.  In the video you can see it has 12 main battery guns, it's clearly a Gangut class dreadnought.  But in the end I discovered that "Admiral" was a long 10-part TV mini-series, one with no english translation so I have very little information about it.