You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

if ya wanna throw cash..

30 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,991 posts
17,625 battles

2 million free XP if you don't have it..well, it takes 80,000 DOubloons to convert 2000000 XP to FXP..  Expect to pay ohhhhhh about $300 or so.

Worth it...?

Not to me..  

If it's worth it to you I got some bottom land in Florida I'd like to see if your interested it..  It might even be above sea level still in another decade!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles

HMmmm No thanks lol. 

I am not in that big of a hurry. I keep my Free XP Free.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
2 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

2 million free XP if you don't have it..well, it takes 80,000 DOubloons to convert 2000000 XP to FXP..  Expect to pay ohhhhhh about $300 or so.

Worth it...?

Not to me..  

If it's worth it to you I got some bottom land in Florida I'd like to see if your interested it..  It might even be above sea level still in another decade!

I'll be buying 12.5k doubloons once a month for the next 6 months to convert that XP lol

~Hunter

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,344 posts
14,130 battles

Personally, I don't think any ship is worth 2 million FXP.

Especially one that is just a slightly modified Shimakaze.

• Cool 4

Members
69 posts
668 battles

thats a steal for a T10 ship imo .  I dont need to convert all 2M fxp as i have a bunch so itll be like its on sale .  

• Boring 2

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
7 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Worth it...?

Not to me..  

Its about value.

If spending $50 on a cheeseburger and fries at a pub then cool.  Personaly I will never spend like that.

• Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its about value.

If spending $50 on a cheeseburger and fries at a pub then cool.  Personaly I will never spend like that.

toss in a couple pints and that is 50$ in Bermuda :)

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
24 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Personally, I don't think any ship is worth 2 million FXP.

Especially one that is just a slightly modified Shimakaze.

I can upgrade my Yugumo, Kitakaze, Charles Martel and Baltimore to the Shimakaze, Harugumo, Henri IV and Des Moines for the same amount.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,998 posts
9,992 battles
19 minutes ago, SKurj said:

toss in a couple pints and that is 50$ in Bermuda :)

Back in 1980 a regular bucket of KFC there cost $75 USD!

That is one expensive island.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

The doubloon cost of converting EXP to FXP will make anything looks ridiculous, as it isn't intended to be used in that manner.  You pay a premium for the opportunity. 

I still don't think its worth 2m though.  I think they are expecting that people have a lot more free XP flags than they actually do, and the opportunity they now give us to use more of them is justification for them to bump the price.  Can't say I didn't see that coming.  Wait till they release a coal flag. 1m coal for a ship, etc.

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

You do remember that there was an actual vote on what Hayate would be for.  Would you rather it be for steel? or coal? or research bureau?  We voted free xp because they don't sell tier 10 premiums outright (cough... Puerto Rico... cough cough) and so we knew it would be one of those three.  If you convert xp to free xp for the ship, then yes, it's 80,000 doubloons.  If you already have premium time, camos, flags, etc.  Then you can make 10,000 free xp a game or well more than double that in a ranked/clan battle game.

If it's not worth it to you... fine.  For many of us, I'd much rather have it be free xp than coal or steel or the god forsaken research bureau.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Its about value.

If spending $50 on a cheeseburger and fries at a pub then cool.  Personally, I will never spend like that.

I just cooked burgers and fries for four people for less than $10. The hamburger meat was $6, the buns were probably a quarter apiece and the taters maybe a buck or two total. It amazes me how so many people I see whining about how they don't have enough money to feed their kids but smoke and drink and are on the Internet most of the day. I guess that meth and all those pit bulls are pretty expensive too.

The free XP ships seem a bit costly for what they are worth but the coal ships are highly obtainable by just conserving your daily resources. I've picked up the Smolensk and Georgia just by saving daily coal crate shipments over a couple of months and using event steel that was just sitting around to make up the difference.

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,145 battles

I do have 2.4M free xp at this time (without spending any money) and I won't spend it on a 2M ship.

I feel there are other and better things to spend it on.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,038 posts
13,304 battles
1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Worth it...?

Not to me..  

Naw, thanks. Ya kin kiss muh bottom land!

Members
4,458 posts
19,466 battles
1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Worth it...?

Not to me..  

So where in Florida is this bottomland? If I can park a trailer on it, I might swap ya 2 mil FXP for it.  :Smile-_tongue:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,038 posts
13,304 battles
28 minutes ago, epojokke said:

I do have 2.4M free xp at this time (without spending any money) and I won't spend it on a 2M ship.

I feel there are other and better things to spend it on.

But Wargaming gets an entirely different take on its player base: Everyone who grabs an Ohio or (Colbert?) from the RB, they see as a player voting that the grind time or FXP conversion cost of approx. 3-4M Free XP is worth an exclusive or strong T10 ship.

And there are apparently enough of such players to convince WG it’s worth it to offer a direct route, regardless of the likes of us who say we won’t go there.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
666 posts
13,725 battles

But how many Ohio and Colbert do you actually see on a daily? I seldom ever see a Colbert. Very few Ohio here and there. I hope the regrind for these falls in the way the Neustrashimy did for steel.  I think I've only seen two maybe three of those out in the wild. In the long run it may have been a better steel buy than the who knows astronomical coal price it will return to. Because pricing didn't fall short with the last few ships available last year. The thermometer was then set with the Porto Rico. For as much outcry about price/grind how often do you see one of those. On to resource ships. Players didn't snivel much about coal priced ships either. Practicality everyone has a Smolensk a Thunderer or both. Lets not even go to steel and how hard it is to obtain. You can start a small army with Stalin and Somers alone. You could actually buy your way into some of that resource but not that much. A few are now chanting that the FXP pricing is too high. That no one has resources like that to be able to pick one of them up. Yet you see several Smallands around already. Add to the fact there hadn't been a FXP ship in some time. Even then it wasn't a DD. I'd suspect there are plenty of active players out there that have their coffers are full of what ever you would want. Especially XP and FXP.  I also don't suspect WG hasn't priced themselves out of the market just yet.  

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I just cooked burgers and fries for four people for less than $10. The hamburger meat was $6, the buns were probably a quarter apiece and the taters maybe a buck or two total. It amazes me how so many people I see whining about how they don't have enough money to feed their kids but smoke and drink and are on the Internet most of the day. I guess that meth and all those pit bulls are pretty expensive too.

The free XP ships seem a bit costly for what they are worth but the coal ships are highly obtainable by just conserving your daily resources. I've picked up the Smolensk and Georgia just by saving daily coal crate shipments over a couple of months and using event steel that was just sitting around to make up the difference.

Yea!!!!!

I was having lunch one day and this dude was complaning that he need to make more money.

They he started rattling stuff that are "must haves" he had season tickets to the Patriots, Celtics, and Red Socks. He had 2 new cars and live ina very expencive part of Boston.

He made enough money he had a spending habit.  Instead of being halpy about having all thilese things he was complaning that he did not have more.

When WG gives me some free flags I am happy.  When I get a free ship I am happy.  I don't complan about not having this or that.

Wish more people could just be happy with what they have.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
36 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Wish more people could just be happy with what they have.

I've never sought money; everything I've made I put back into obtaining more education and experience. Was it worth it? Well, not monetarily, of course. However, I've been called a Renaissance Man by complete strangers. Even the richest and most powerful are going to die someday. Might as well live life on your own terms and make of it what you can rather than being a slave of money and in the servitude of others.

• Confused 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
56 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

But how many Ohio and Colbert do you actually see on a daily? I seldom ever see a Colbert. Very few Ohio here and there. I hope the regrind for these falls in the way the Neustrashimy did for steel.  I think I've only seen two maybe three of those out in the wild. In the long run it may have been a better steel buy than the who knows astronomical coal price it will return to. Because pricing didn't fall short with the last few ships available last year. The thermometer was then set with the Porto Rico. For as much outcry about price/grind how often do you see one of those. On to resource ships. Players didn't snivel much about coal priced ships either. Practicality everyone has a Smolensk a Thunderer or both. Lets not even go to steel and how hard it is to obtain. You can start a small army with Stalin and Somers alone. You could actually buy your way into some of that resource but not that much. A few are now chanting that the FXP pricing is too high. That no one has resources like that to be able to pick one of them up. Yet you see several Smallands around already. Add to the fact there hadn't been a FXP ship in some time. Even then it wasn't a DD. I'd suspect there are plenty of active players out there that have their coffers are full of what ever you would want. Especially XP and FXP.  I also don't suspect WG hasn't priced themselves out of the market just yet.  

I have seen more and more Ohio.  Colbert seems very meh to me.  I have seen 3 of them and I am certantly not afraid of like.  I am more worred about Smolnick and DD with sub 3 sec reload.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've never sought money; everything I've made I put back into obtaining more education and experience. Was it worth it? Well, not monetarily, of course. However, I've been called a Renaissance Man by complete strangers. Even the richest and most powerful are going to die someday. Might as well live life on your own terms and make of it what you can rather than being a slave of money and in the servitude of others.

my wife and I agreed with that idea along time ago.  We sont drink or smoke and non of are foodies so at least we dont have the want.

We would rather miser our way through live to save for a trip to a capital or Zoo we have not seen.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,344 posts
12,376 battles

I am OK with spending 1.5 mil for a tier 10 but not 2 mil. What is bugging me most though is WG saying years ago that they would not allow new players to be able to buy T9s for cash (when the MO was first offered and we voiced our concerns about new players buying their way to high tiers) and that they would only be available for a currency that only experienced players would be able to pay. Then they sell the JB in the premium shop and other T9s since. 

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

my wife and I agreed with that idea along time ago.  We sont drink or smoke and non of are foodies so at least we dont have the want.

We would rather miser our way through live to save for a trip to a capital or Zoo we have not seen.

So after stating people should be happy with what they have, you want to save to go on a trip?

I wish you luck and hope either of those trips cost you a fair price. If not I'm sure you will still be happy. :Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
33 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So after stating people should be happy with what they have, you want to save to go on a trip? I wish you luck and hope either of those trips cost you a fair price. If not I'm sure you will still be happy. :Smile_honoring:

Happiness isn't what most people think it is, which is merely pleasure. Also, happiness isn't just about being content. In fact, contentment oftentimes leads to stagnation and the stagnant cannot ever be truly happy. True happiness is a long-term goal. Happiness is knowing that you have led a good life, having attained the ability to be the best that you can be under any foreseeable circumstance. Happiness isn't a feeling, it's a process.

Edited by Snargfargle