You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PredatorXTR

T10 perma Camo vs T6 premium ship

21 comments in this topic

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles

Hi,

someone gifted me 5000 doubloons and now I'm confused what to do with them.

I can either buy perma camo for my Des Moines or I can buy Mutsu or Graf Spee.

I don't really buy doubloons so buying more doubloons and getting something better isn't an option.

So, hope you guys can help me choose something

Thanks

Edited by PredatorXTR

[WOLFG]
Members
9,572 posts
8,531 battles

How much do you play the Des Moines?  And do you make a profit on it now?

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles

Don't really play Des Moines much because it doesn't fit my play style. I only have it for clan battles.

And I barely make any money if I win and almost always lose money if I lose the battle.(without premium time)

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
495 posts
11,292 battles
Just now, PredatorXTR said:

Don't really play Des Moines much because it doesn't fit my play style. 

Get the ship then

[WOLFG]
Members
9,572 posts
8,531 battles
Just now, PredatorXTR said:

Don't really play Des Moines much because it doesn't fit my play style. I only have it for clan battles.

And I barely make any money if I win and almost always lose money if I lose the battle.(without premium time)

If you don't play it much, the benefits of a perma camo are limited.

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,492 battles
11 minutes ago, PredatorXTR said:

Hi,

I don't really buy doubloons so buying more doubloons and getting something better isn't an option.

Thanks

The Spee is a good ship, I would recommend it.  More like a 'true' heavy cruiser thats a bit like a light battleship (has HP and heal, but not BB armour). The torps are excellent, too. 

Personally, I have more fun in the mid tiers anyway; I find T10 stagnant...

• Cool 2

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

If you don't play it much, the benefits of a perma camo are limited.

Well I could play it more if I had the perma camo on and didn't lose money but is the camo worth 5k doubloons ?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
8 minutes ago, PredatorXTR said:

Well I could play it more if I had the perma camo on and didn't lose money but is the camo worth 5k doubloons ?

only you can decide that...  

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

only you can decide that...  

I was just wondering if it's better to get a new ship instead of a camo

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

again... only you can decide... how much is each one worth it to you?  why buy a ship you won't play? or camo you will hardly use because you can't afford to run the ship?  the premium ship will earn you credits that will then help to pay for your T10 matches...  the camo will help you earn more credits in T10 matches...  (dunno if it will be enough to even break even)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
33 minutes ago, PredatorXTR said:

Hi,

Thanks

24 minutes ago, PredatorXTR said:

19 minutes ago, PredatorXTR said:

IF you aren't playing it more because you lose so many credits then yes the perma camo is definitely worth it on a T10.  That is a -50% to the service fee (HUGE help) and +20% to credits just for the camo. You can even play Co-op with T10's running the perma and make credits. At least with Premium time. Without it I can't say for sure? I run T10's with just the perma and premium time in Co-op all the time and it takes a really bad game to lose credits. I can't imagine that would change in Randoms that make so much more resources? Also, premium consumables are becoming standard now so no more 90K +/- fees for that with the update that takes effect (soon as I recall).

Now, if you don't like DM and won't play it much even if you make credits the 5k Doubloons are kind of wasted. There is also the issue now that our perma camos are not safe and can be taken/swapped at will by WG as is happening with Moskva. So just keep that in mind. 

A T6 Premium is also a good choice if you like the ship and will play it. I am not a big Graf Spee guy but Mutsu is kind of fun. It really depends on your play preferences to determine which of the 2 would be better for you.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles

I got the Salem for coal because she represents most of what a Des Moines offers without having to find money for permacamo. She's not cheap in coal, but she has been incredibly useful for me and I have absolutely no regrets. With her in my port, I feel no need to get the Des Moines.

Note that the Graf Spee is a niche ship with its own particular playstyle, and it may not suit all tastes. Mine is currently my longest-owned premium but one of the least played; your experience may be different. I might be playing mine a little more right now if I weren't devoting myself to a Tier 8+ campaign, because I've developed enough as a player since I got her that she's more fun, so there is that. 

Mutsu, on the other hand, can be played no differently from any other battleship but has those sneaky torpedoes in reserve for when things get close and personal. 

If you decide to go down the Graf vs. Mutsu route, ask yourself this: Which lines are you climbing and what do you need a trainer for most, your German or your Japanese captains? Does either of these ships duplicate something that's already in your port? If so, consider not buying that ship. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

Dont buy anything yet.  Wait till the coupon comes out and save you 25 percent then get the Graff.

I would rather have more ships than camo

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,029 posts
8,542 battles

I would think about Mutsu, I have considered it a few times myself. It is at a tier that has access to all game modes. It is not the strongest or the moat common if you want a few reviews you can make an informed opinion.

Graf Spee is okay, it's low rate of fire and low barrel count hold it back a bit. It can be quite good if you get used to it.

Des Moines is a beast, if you like cruisers. If you don't like cruisers I would consider something else, like Mutsu. If you like T6, Warspite has held up decently well over time (I have no idea if it is available right now).

• Cool 2

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles

Alright after thinking deeply I realized that I'd rather get a new ship rather than a camo.

Thanks to you all for your opinions 🙂

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
39 posts
12,742 battles

Get the Spee.  Play it, make credits to finance DM play.  

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, PredatorXTR said:

Hi,

Thanks

I absolutely love using my Graf Spee, it is very nice little ship in the game that has done well throughout the many patches and changes to the game so it has good longevity. Plus it’s a very famous historical warship. So I would highly recommend Graf Spee. ( If you decide to get Graf Spee you can message me if you need a good captain build for the ship as mine has done very well over the years without changes to the build. )

Now if you are in need of premium camo to use Des Moines that can be resolved simply by getting the Salem which in terms of armor and weapons is the exact same ship. Plus Salem’s ability to heal damage is magnitudes greater than Des Moines. Only thing Des Moines has is better radar, but Salem has been gaining ground on the radar through buffs.

• Cool 1

[SYKO]
Members
14 posts
8,440 battles
On 4/28/2020 at 9:06 PM, macktkau2 said:

Save your FXP and get an Alaska instead. It's more fun to play than DM.

We were talking about doubloons not FXP btw

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,695 battles

I spent the money on the Des Moines camo. DO NOT REGRET A CENT! It allows me to not have to use signals to make a profit and as long as you play decent, you are guaranteed a profit. And because the Des Moines is a VERY strong ship dealing 100k in a battle is childs play, I have earned upwards of 900,000 credits on rare occasions with my Des Moines. Get the perma-camo for the Des Moines, it's worth it.

• Cool 1