You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Current randoms meta

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Is this right? Radar CA, Smolensk and anything with 457mm AP for that overmatch. Bring anything else and you let your team down.

Is that supposed to be a quote from somewhere?

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,586 battles

Current random meta is one team reverse further than the spawn while the other team proceed to cap all caps and steam roll the other team ...

• Funny 3

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Is this right? Radar CA, Smolensk and anything with 457mm AP for that overmatch. Bring anything else and you let your team down.

To be honest, 406mms can also overmatch the cruisers. 

Or you can take DD if you are a competent one.

Edited by ghostbuster_

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,087 battles

There's a random meta alright, but it can only be described with words like [edited], [edited], and [edited].

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,232 battles

The OP has a point. A cruiser without radar that can't sit in smoke and HE spam (i.e. not a smolensk), is basically a pinata at high tiers.

Look at the Buffalo and Neptune, both tier 9 cruisers. They both get citadelled off the grid in one salvo, very often. they get citadelled at angle, they get deleted when broadside.

Even DDs dont get deleted in one volley. Even low tier cruisers very seldom get dev struck. Yet, at tier 9, it is abundantly common. Why? Stupidly powerful guns, everywhere. The Thunderer, the Georgia, the Mushasi, plus all the rest of them, all very accurate out to very long range, with massive AP. 

This perverse ability to dev strike same tier cruisers means that cruisers now generally reverse at spawn, and hang well back long into the game, looking to farm some HE after everyone else is engaged, or otherwise they find a rock, and hug it for dear life.

Notice that the Alaska and Puta Reeko are both immune to citadels. Why? So people will buy and play them. So they are not complete trash, like the Buffalo, Seattle and Neptune.

WG have a real problem with game design. They are in denial, to imagine otherwise. They are trying to improve a game bu committee, indeed by many committees. They have a relentless schedule to produce new ships, and nothing to do with game mechanics ever gets fixed. The power creep just gets worse and worse.

The new Euro DDs are a fine example. They have been built to sit far back, out of radar range, resist CV harassment, and spam low damage torps. Why? Because this set of compromises suits all the various committees. They have super fast torps that don't get avoided like the IJN DDs, to please the DD crowd. But the torps do almost no damage, to please the BB crowd. They have no smoke, to please the CV crowd, but good AA, to please the DD crowd. 

In terms of the overall game, however, these new DDs are a disaster. They sit far back, with the fragile cruisers, and spam low damage torps. They do not play a strategic role in the game. They simply satisfy the urge not to be deleted by radar, and to actually land some torps, even if they do very little damage.

This is game design by committees advised by focus groups.

Give everybody a bit of everything, and keep the new ships coming.

It is not the path to excellence in any human enterprise.

• Cool 2

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
7 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

So you're saying every BB except the Yamato class and Thunderer(maybe there's another one I'm not aware of that has guns that strong) is obsolete? 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
15 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Damn...probably just my phone but every time I try the link it takes me back to your OP...scroll down & try again & right back to your OP (not surprising...phone's a POS).

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
11 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

So you're saying every BB except the Yamato class and Thunderer(maybe there's another one I'm not aware of that has guns that strong) is obsolete? 

Actually he's not saying it...he's questioning it.

He's quoting the link in post #3.

I can't access it due to garbage phone but the link is the actual source.

• Cool 1

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually he's not saying it...he's questioning it.

He's quoting the link in post #3.

I can't access it due to garbage phone but the link is the actual source.

Yeah I'm on my new computer and every time I click on it the screen goes back to my post. It ain't your phone. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,027 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Yeah I'm on my new computer and every time I click on it the screen goes back to my post. It ain't your phone. 

My theory is that it's a rather obscure/elaborate/indignant way of saying "I just said it!".   Or something along those lines.  Self referentialist perhaps?   Hard to say

• Cool 1

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
17 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

My theory is that it's a rather obscure/elaborate/indignant way of saying "I just said it!".   Or something along those lines.  Self referentialist perhaps?   Hard to say

Yup my guess to. 

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,188 posts
12 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

Directed by marketing.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,825 battles
13 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

A cruiser without radar that can't sit in smoke and HE spam (i.e. not a smolensk), is basically a pinata at high tiers.

Hindenbourg, Zao, Yoshino, Minotaur, Henri and Venezia would like to have a word with you.

Every T10 ship are potent, can't really say the same for T9 and T8 but to say you bring your team down for picking something that isn't in that short list is wrong. Sometime no matter how good you are, even with a ship that has all those tool you can't win games, and it's not because of the ship but because sometime you can't win a 1 vs 23 when your team does everything in its power to throw the game while the red team is competent enough to survive.

I have hard carried games in Yoshino (one of the lowest impact cruiser at T10) and lost games in DM(one of the T10 cruiser with the most impact).

Members
1,051 posts
9,814 battles
14 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

The new Euro DDs are a fine example. They have been built to sit far back, out of radar range, resist CV harassment, and spam low damage torps. Why? Because this set of compromises suits all the various committees. They have super fast torps that don't get avoided like the IJN DDs, to please the DD crowd. But the torps do almost no damage, to please the BB crowd. They have no smoke, to please the CV crowd, but good AA, to please the DD crowd. 

In terms of the overall game, however, these new DDs are a disaster. They sit far back, with the fragile cruisers, and spam low damage torps. They do not play a strategic role in the game. They simply satisfy the urge not to be deleted by radar, and to actually land some torps, even if they do very little damage.

Give everybody a bit of everything, and keep the new ships coming.

It is not the path to excellence in any human enterprise.

Im not disagreeing with your basic point, but the EU dds have a lot more potential than what you say.  While not having smoke is something that must be considered when straying away from your team, but when specced for it these DDs do quite well in knife fights against most same tier DDs.  Once I got to Oland I was looking to pick knife fights. 

But that also means yet one more line that power creeps the USN and PA lines.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 4/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Dont forget the 3 or 4 ships that spend 10 min CV hunting find it and maybe kill it.

In the mean time all caps are fone and half the team is gone and they say hey what happened...

Or the DD that is cv hunting alone and getting rocked to death constantly spaming the AA help button.

[WNNR]
Members
323 posts
6,504 battles

That's what happens when they introduce trash mechanics like CV's and ignore their own data showing they have way to much influence over games. They then try to compensate by throwing in all kinds of HE spam, making rounds that ignore armor, 100mph torpedos etc instead of just going back and balancing the core mechanics.  It makes players lemming train or play passive in the back because the second they stick their nose out they have 10,000 HE shells incoming while being attacked by planes every 15 seconds. Nothing about that is fun and just continues to degrade the quality of games for everyone. The balance team is completely incompetent.

• Cool 2

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,232 battles
11 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Dont forget the 3 or 4 ships that spend 10 min CV hunting find it and maybe kill it.

In the mean time all caps are fone and half the team is gone and they say hey what happened...

Or the DD that is cv hunting alone and getting rocked to death constantly spaming the AA help button.

Hang on, are you saying..... and you REALLY saying that CVs have no counter, and ruin the game?

Gracious, that's contentious stuff.

I'd be careful with that kind of talk around here. The forums are the haunt of those with hyper flamboyant feelings, who parade around, being offended, in a most conspicuous manner. 

They will come for you, and take away your Super Containers, like they did to me.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
26 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Hang on, are you saying..... and you REALLY saying that CVs have no counter, and ruin the game?

Gracious, that's contentious stuff.

I'd be careful with that kind of talk around here. The forums are the haunt of those with hyper flamboyant feelings, who parade around, being offended, in a most conspicuous manner. 

They will come for you, and take away your Super Containers, like they did to me.

Clever.. You have a hate cv bias so you do anything you can to prove what you want.

When people do nothing but hunt the cv which is the weakest ship on the board. You ant doing anythibg avout the ships with guns that just cit you.  When a DD spend 1p min huntjng somthing and doing anything else it will end badly

If you steep back from yiur cv hate for bit.  1 plane carryes one weak torp.  Then it take 2 min to reload.  You never run out of ammo but cv do.

Never mind your a nither blind cv hater and thays all you can see.  When subs come in you will start it up all over again .

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,232 battles
12 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Clever.. You have a hate cv bias so you do anything you can to prove what you want.

When people do nothing but hunt the cv which is the weakest ship on the board. You ant doing anythibg avout the ships with guns that just cit you.  When a DD spend 1p min huntjng somthing and doing anything else it will end badly

If you steep back from yiur cv hate for bit.  1 plane carryes one weak torp.  Then it take 2 min to reload.  You never run out of ammo but cv do.

Never mind your a nither blind cv hater and thays all you can see.  When subs come in you will start it up all over again .

I am not going to discuss this important matter with Jar Jar Binks.

• Cool 1

Members
36 posts
8,209 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

We get it. You LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE CVS. Everyone who can see that they are broken as a class is ignorant and you're correct.

STFU already cheerleader.  The class is broke and has been since the rebork.

Its going to get worse with the AP rockets coming on the new lines.

Also- For the love of everything Holy, please get a spell check or something.  The crayon is bleeding through on your posts.