You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Guderian51

IJN Hayate for 2M Free XP

182 comments in this topic

[MARE]
Members
76 posts

I was just playing a game or two when I was notified of some "news" in my port...in the next update IJN Hayate will be available for purchase for a mere 2 Million free XP. I was so angry I had to stop playing.

I really don't mean to be rude but wth is wrong with these people? 2 Million Free XP for a tier 10 dd? Are they freaking out of their minds? I will not pay it no matter how much free XP I build up. They can go pound sand.

Seriously WG, are you TRYING to piss people off?

Edited by Guderian51
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Members
1,660 posts

I gave up on tier X ships ages ago.  That being said, Free XP prices have reached ludicrous speed in my mind.  They've gone plaid.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts

But, but, but.... it's a fake ship! Like so many WeeGee has churned out lately, when there are many, MANY real ships people have been requesting for years.

Yep, good on you WG. Just keep raising prices on fake stuff you dream up to drive even more players away...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,531 posts
10,535 battles

I saw the youtube video on Hayate.  
She seems nice.  I plan to welcome her to my port, after grinding the FXP for Azuma.

• Boring 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles

if you play clan brawl or clan battles you can amass 60k free xp a game, i have 1.6m free xp currently just find a group of guys and give clan battles a go.

i dont understand the relevancy of whether a ship was real or not, this game would run out of content quickly if it stuck to historically accurate content.

hayate seems like a monster in random battles especially using the torp reload but just requires dodging cv in queue.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

[IGU]
[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,241 posts

found this on reddit

d9du8kf26gv41.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
8 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

if you play clan brawl or clan battles you can amass 60k free xp a game, i have 1.6m free xp currently just find a group of guys and give clan battles a go.

i dont understand the relevancy of whether a ship was real or not, this game would run out of content quickly if it stuck to historically accurate content.

hayate seems like a monster in random battles especially using the torp reload but just requires dodging cv in queue.

Says the guy in best clan that always wins every clan battle. 2 million free xp is asburd, won't touch it either. If i get one it will be out of a xmas box.

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles
13 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I gave up on tier X ships ages ago.  That being said, Free XP prices have reached ludicrous speed in my mind.  They've gone plaid.

It's outta control

Spaceballs Brakes for Nobody | Tor.com

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Says the guy in best clan that always wins every clan battle. 2 million free xp is asburd, won't touch it either. If i get one it will be out of a xmas box.

we dont always win but we put the effort in to learn and improve so we can be in positions to get the most free xp from our clan battles games.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 8

[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles
26 minutes ago, Guderian51 said:

I was just playing a game or two when I was notified of some "news" in my port...in the next update IJN Hayate will be available for purchase for a mere 2 Million free XP. I was so angry I had to stop playing.

I really don't mean to be rude but wth is wrong with these people? 2 Million Free XP for a tier 10 dd? Are they freaking out of their minds? I will not pay it no matter how much free XP I build up. They can go pound sand.

They ramp the prices because A) there's enough people that have that much, and enough of those willing to part with it.

It's too rich for my blood, even if I was interested. I'll just focus on getting Alaska.

Just like a lot of businesses, there are going to be offerings not everyone can afford, and people that have the wherewithal to pay those higher prices.

You don't have to get it. Really, having a 2 million FXP ship that you want be available, is no different than having a 1 million ship available that you don't want.

I mean really, if I complained not about the cost, but the fact that all the newest offerings are DDs, that would be equally valid. In both cases, something is offered that one doesn't necessarily want to spring for.

• Cool 3

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

I will just say here what I said in the announcement thread.

So after watching the wegee video a few times and then some of the game play by CC's  as a DD main I will say this...

HELLO A $320.00 Yugumo basically.

This thing has NOTHING i would be willing to spend any amount of money for and this might have been a ship i decided to open my wallet a little for <i said little> But no Hydro, No Radar, Gun reload that is Meh and Torps that are even more Vanilla i dont see anything more than My Yugumo with 2 more torps....

Guess what my Yugo does great in t-10 and i get nice xp for it, it also did not cost me a dime.... Premium needs to have something, to be premium, this looks like a t-9 boat not t-10 premium.

Members
597 posts
7,319 battles

Yeah tier 10 DD's really are at a disadvantage. I have been hunting them in my Venezia and it simply slaughters them. They don't have enough time usually to get away, at least not twice. And i dont even have Radar. 

[-KIA-]
Members
3,476 posts
14,862 battles

I would have bought Hayate if she didn't trade too much to be a decent kitting gunbote or didn't cost 2 million free XP.

No ship is worth 2 million free XP but if you really want to purchase a 2 million free xp ship, Smalland is overall better.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
4 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

I will just say here what I said in the announcement thread.

did this man just compare a hayate to a yugumo? hayate is a gunboat, this sounds super exaggerated and criminally misinformed as it seems alot of CC are into lately, i can assure you hayate is in no way comparable to a yugumo, it is more resembling a harugumo with the ability to dump alot of torps at the expense of smoke.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles
23 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I think it's more that the "fake" ships get added before historical ones. I can sympathise with that.

I get it though, if you bring out all the historical stuff first, you get more quickly to the point where people looking for more historical ships have nothing left to look for.

As an example, I bet more people that like say, Italian BBs, have (even if unconsciously) stuck around because we haven't had them yet, (but they know they're coming) than people that left for that reason.

[RAGE]
Members
345 posts
5,720 battles

Sounds right to me...  you can convert 2 mil xp for 80,000 doubloons (which cost $320).  you think a tier X would be less?

[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles
28 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I think it's more that the "fake" ships get added before historical ones. I can sympathise with that.

I get it though, if you bring out all the historical stuff first, you get more quickly to the point where people looking for more historical ships have nothing left to look for.

As an example, I bet more people that like say, Italian BBs, have (even if unconsciously) stuck around because we haven't had them yet, (but they know they're coming) than people that left for that reason.

[DOG]
Members
654 posts
17,148 battles
52 minutes ago, Guderian51 said:

No. They are giving elite players something to keep playing daily for. The price is 2 million because of the clan base bonuses and the ship being tier 10.

Edited by MackDye

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
946 posts
13,377 battles

The Smaland was 2 million free xp, I expected the Hayate to be the same.

Even with 3.5 million free XP, I avoid the Smaland, but will get the Hayate as it drops to play with.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,091 battles

been saving for some time now. almost have my 2 mill free xp. 100% grind.. To the Op i would rather have it this way then locked behind RB. having to regrind line 3-4 times

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
514 posts
16,809 battles

I think Hayate would be cool. 2M FXP is a bit much though. Maybe 1.5M. Unfortunately I’m sure people still buy it.

I ended up getting the Smalland. It’s cool but for 2M FXP it’s way overpriced.

I’d much rather have more T9 Premiums. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

I will give it strong consideration if the service costs are the same as Salem, Smolensk etc. There is no other ship I want to buy with the FXP and I don't use it on anything else.

I want to see what it's like in the first instance, and I want to know what FDR is going to be sold for. If FDR is going for anything other than FXP, Hayate comes into my port.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
45 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

did this man just compare a hayate to a yugumo? hayate is a gunboat, this sounds super exaggerated and criminally misinformed as it seems alot of CC are into lately, i can assure you hayate is in no way comparable to a yugumo, it is more resembling a harugumo with the ability to dump alot of torps at the expense of smoke.

Yes I did.

Hayate has 12 k torps.
Yugumo has 12k torps

Hayate will have torp reload
Yugumo has torp reload

Both give up smoke for torp reload

Hayate has 6 127mm guns
Yugumo has 6 127mm guns

Hayate has 5 second reload <they did not say in video if it was before or after modifiers>
Yugumo has 5.1 second after modifiers

Yugumo has 5.4 detection
Hayate will NEVER get there

Hayate has 2 more torps per launch, worse detection and at best what 2.8 second reload <kitikaze speed> 

You can either build gunboat or torpboat but not both. It is the child of a Yugu and Kit. We do not know if its torp will be spotted from mars or pluto but probably not stealthy for sure.... So here we have someone who actually looked at the ship and as an IJN Main saw all its flaws, flaws that in no way warrant a t-10 2m fxp premium.

Now had they gave it smoke and torp reload it could have been interesting. Or had they gave it lower detection both ship and torps with smoke it could have been interesting, heck even if it had been 1m fxp it might have been worth it  just to have. But looking it over, watching the videos and knowing IJN DD's this thing is nothing special at all. Its torp boat variant is a Yugo and its gunboat variant is basically a Kit with bigger guns.

• Cool 6