You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Legendary Mod Republic

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,096 posts
18,947 battles

IMO yes.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,229 battles

yes and yes...!   Please note though, that the module is way more valuable in a CWs situation where the maps are smaller.  There will be times in randoms that you want to shoot and you can't,  your out of range, and this comes up at least once a game.  Also if your a PVE player then it is a must add, as bots just sail straight at you and you will get a lot of good shots in.

I use this mod all the time on my Repub (on of my fav ships) and there is many a time I munch a CA or BB who stay broadside to me a bit too long to get their extra guns in play, thinking they have 5 seconds to turn...umm nope!

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,017 battles

I only play it in randoms and the range sacrifice is awful 

• Cool 1

[TAZ]
Members
768 posts

You sacrifice about 6 km in range, to get about 1.6 second faster reload. Not worth it to me.

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,277 posts
5,261 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

IMO yes.

I can kinda see why, but I always though that the range nerf was quite bad. Care to elaborate? Playing it more like a brawler?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,979 posts
20,687 battles
3 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

It is wroth putting on?

Clan wars and vs bots only....

The range loss in randoms is too much.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,096 posts
18,947 battles
5 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

I can kinda see why, but I always though that the range nerf was quite bad. Care to elaborate? Playing it more like a brawler?

There is more to this game Horatio than back line camping or brawling. Most time you're fighting between 12 ~ 18 km anyways I find and that extra DPM is very juicy. But more than that, having your guns available faster also means you don't miss as many opportunities when people like run a gap or turn around between your reloads.

• Cool 1

Members
1,047 posts
4,367 battles

I'm going to have to agree with our great Cat Overlord @Lert here. The legendary module might take away your range, but here's the thing. You lose less turret traverse, and you also gain a slightly faster reload. But it's that first point that makes the module good. The whole point of Republique is a fast-hitting flanker. Being able to dish out 24 rounds of High-grade 431mm Armor Piercing or High Explosive within the space of a minute is what makes the Republique so fearsome, and that module lets you capitalize on it

:SerB:

[PISD]
Members
1,277 posts
5,261 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

There is more to this game Horatio than back line camping or brawling. Most time you're fighting between 12 ~ 18 km anyways I find and that extra DPM is very juicy. But more than that, having your guns available faster also means you don't miss as many opportunities when people like run a gap or turn around between your reloads.

Thanks. I will have to try it once I get it (thankfully I have the mission for it, the Research bureau methodology is not that appealing for such upgrade imo). Gonna be better than my full secondaries meme build.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,096 posts
18,947 battles
Just now, Y_Nagato said:

Thanks. I will have to try it once I get it (thankfully I have the mission for it, the Research bureau methodology is not that appealing for such upgrade imo). Gonna be better than my full secondaries meme build.

If you get the mod for free through the grind missions you can just try it out and remove it if you don't like it. It'll go into your inventory and you can put it back on later, no harm done.

If you get it through the RB though, it'd be more risky since it'd be a much greater investment you're making. Such a cost through RB better be worth it.

[PISD]
Members
1,277 posts
5,261 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

If you get the mod for free through the grind missions you can just try it out and remove it if you don't like it. It'll go into your inventory and you can put it back on later, no harm done.

If you get it through the RB though, it'd be more risky since it'd be a much greater investment you're making. Such a cost through RB better be worth it.

Yeah, and since they will rework them in a few patches, its the kind of blind fate investment at this time. Just hope they will not be boost to the point of being mandatory just to push people to use the RB...

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,273 battles
18 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Clan wars and vs bots only....

The range loss in randoms is too much.

Agreed.