You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

JB for arms race?

14 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

As a new player... I never have done arms race and the only T9/10 ship I own is JB...

even if it is just for the experience and the lowest tier rewards.... do you think JB would be viable?  I kinda think so from my short review of arms race and the JB's perks...

[WOLFG]
Members
9,549 posts
8,473 battles

If your team gets the buffs, the JB can be devastating.

With its plating, it can also be a punching bag for daka ships.

You may find it very frustrating.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

As a new player... I never have done arms race and the only T9/10 ship I own is JB...

even if it is just for the experience and the lowest tier rewards.... do you think JB would be viable?  I kinda think so from my short review of arms race and the JB's perks...

I used the Bourgogne last ranked season with much success. I'll probably just throw the same capt in JB and call it good. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I figure even if it is just for the experience it will be worth it :) hopefully  ingame chat isn't going to go where i expect it to... but that maybe just the cynic in me...

[WOLFC]
Members
483 posts
6,335 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I figure even if it is just for the experience it will be worth it :) hopefully  ingame chat isn't going to go where i expect it to... but that maybe just the cynic in me...

I've only done one ranked sprint, and that was a 1v1 T8. From what I recall, it was relatively popular, and since none of the ranks were revocable chat was...amicable. As far as I know, the typical rantfests are saved for regular ranked, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

There are some situations where being in a JB is unfavorable compared to other T9 BBs but overall I think she's very strong.

• Figure out where your friendly BB is positioning and use your speed to make a cross fire. Watch iChase's video if you need help with BB positioning.
  • Some times it pays to stay dark until you get a good shot on a broadside target or a DD. You'll see a lot of broadside cruisers fixated on capturing buffs in this mode.
  • Remember which cruisers can bow tank you (mainly US and German heavy cruisers + lower half of some Russian cruisers); in this case either shoot the turrets, the superstructure, or switch to HE. If they are broadside, then paddle them as always.
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

do these battles count against your daily container rewards?

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

JB is over capable... A player who know, will do good with her. A player who is clueless in her, will exacerbates the snow ball affect  for the fleet.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

JB is over capable... A player who know, will do good with her. A player who is clueless in her, will exacerbates the snow ball affect  for the fleet.

same applies to any ship, maybe we will be on the same team :cap_like:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Jean Bart, Musashi, Georgia, Alsace will probably hold their own for some of the T9 BB's. They will probably meet a onslaught of Kremlins, GK's, Republiq's, Yamato's, Yashima's, and Ohio's

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SVF]
Members
1,702 posts
2,238 battles
1 hour ago, Nolo_00 said:

I've only done one ranked sprint, and that was a 1v1 T8. From what I recall, it was relatively popular, and since none of the ranks were revocable chat was...amicable. As far as I know, the typical rantfests are saved for regular ranked, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I didn't have that much fun during that particular Ranked Sprint, mostly due to my choice in ships.  NC is a terrible choice for it btw.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

Lots of things are possible if you are good and comfortable with a ship.  I still remember years ago some dude Ranking out with I think an Indianapolis, which is a bonafide POS.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,890 battles

Use a ship you are comfortable with.

Be warned, if you face some Musashi or Georgia, they may go for your guns in a closer battle.

Sprint is this time 12 vs. 12, it's just randoms in arms race mod.