Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

4 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

From what other players have told me the Cleveland in this game is not the actual Cleveland from WWII. That it is representative of the Cleveland class cruisers. But in my opinion, if your going to call that ship Cleveland make it the actual Cleveland and put CL-55 on her

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
25,161 battles

This is the case for a lot of the models in the game. During their lives a lot of modifications were made to the ships. So I suppose compromises had to be made in the game. Hull numbers only go on the premiums, where the tech tree ships are supposed to represent the class, and not a particular ship. 

What I would have preferred is that the Fargo class (modified Cleveland class) be the T9 instead of the Seattle. 

If anyone cares, here's a photo taken by my friend USMCGal 

image.thumb.png.14d47be25eca899fbceed417f2370010.png

Edited by TAM_OH
added picture

Members
360 posts
49 minutes ago, TAM_OH said:

This is the case for a lot of the models in the game. During their lives a lot of modifications were made to the ships. So I suppose compromises had to be made in the game. Hull numbers only go on the premiums, where the tech tree ships are supposed to represent the class, and not a particular ship. 

What I would have preferred is that the Fargo class (modified Cleveland class) be the T9 instead of the Seattle. 

If anyone cares, here's a photo taken by my friend USMCGal 

image.thumb.png.14d47be25eca899fbceed417f2370010.png

Nice photo, thanks for sharing. I like seeing history about the Cleveland, my father served on her.

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
25,161 battles

If you can get to Buffalo NY (someday), check out the museum ship USS Little Rock. It's a Cleveland class cruiser that was converted into a missile cruiser, but it still has some of the old 6" guns. 

Sign in to follow this