You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Is IFHE Henri IV Still Viable?

19 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles

Pretty simple question......for those who have Henri IV post-IFHE changes, do you run it with an IFHE-build, or pure fire starting?

[WORX]
Members
10,586 posts
18,482 battles

IMO... Regardless of tier, anything above 152MM, it really depends on fire chance... If its to low, then you would want to try AP to the SS...

If its high, abort IFHE and play it as a DE long range artillery. I would say dont waste your time with IFHE, however, I am leaving options open.

150MM and below, yes take IFHE. 

Hope this helped...

Edited by Navalpride33

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO... Regardless of tier, anything above 152MM, it really depends on fire chance... If its to low, then you would want to try AP to the SS...

If its high, abort IFHE and play it as a DE long range artillery. I would say dont waste your time with IFHE, however, I am leaving options open.

150MM and below, yes take IFHE. 

Hope this helped...

Agreed on most accounts. 

Only asking for Henri IV since IFHE gives it that magical threshold to pen 50mm with HE against ships like Stalingrad and Moskva.

Just curious to see how everyone has outfitted theirs after the IFHE rework.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,637 battles

Good post. I recently got Henri and have the points to get IFHE but haven’t pulled the trigger. I’m leaning towards not taking it. I’d rather have that beast fire chance I think. If we used Henri more in CB I would prolly consider taking it but since we use it so rarely I’ll just take other skills most likely

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
4,806 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Agreed on most accounts. 

Only asking for Henri IV since IFHE gives it that magical threshold to pen 50mm with HE against ships like Stalingrad and Moskva.

Yes it's still Viable..

[WORX]
Members
10,586 posts
18,482 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Agreed on most accounts. 

I thought I was precise but I guess not... Sorry.

Anything about 152MM, just go with fire DMG and AP dmg... Since the HIV is going to be at long range... I recommend not to use IFHE (its what I use is testing and in live)..

Then again it all depends on how you play the HIV... I may play it differently then you and you might not like the recommendation....

May recommend to test out with and without IFHE for you for a duration of 2 weeks... See how that works for you. 

[NX01]
Members
50 posts
8,289 battles

I took IFHE off of my Henri IV.  But I think I have played it one time since they nerfed it.

[CVA16]
Members
5,370 posts
16,103 battles
5 minutes ago, admiralMI said:

I took IFHE off of my Henri IV.  But I think I have played it one time since they nerfed it.

About the same for me. Henri has become pretty much irrelevant with or without IFHE.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,256 posts
18,709 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Pretty simple question......for those who have Henri IV post-IFHE changes, do you run it with an IFHE-build, or pure fire starting?

for random battles, no: you notice the loss of fire chance and no real guarantee of the increased pen paying off. For clan battles, where 50mm plating is going to be a given that you'll see, yeah makes sense. Although her borked acceleration, as well as recent additions like Venezia, Goliath, and recent Hindy buffs might make Henri questionable, as none of those ships have to lose half their fire chance to break 50mm of HE pen

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
334 posts
13,514 battles

I kept the fire on my Henri and removed IFHE after the change. The HE pen is sufficient already and wanted to keep the ability to start a fire every other salvo.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles

Nevermind IFHE being viable on Henri, Henri is not viable to play.

I use IFHE on my Yoshino for the plethora of Kremlins I face.

~Hunter

[ALLY]
Members
269 posts
18,371 battles

To all:

LWM did an excellent post on when to use IFHE and when not to after the recent change.  Her post basically agrees with Naval Pride 33's assessment.  I also think she has some funny comments in there you may enjoy also.

C130 signing out

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Its not needed. With its rof you for need it.

I run the UU on it and reload my rof is like 8 sec or somthing.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Henri is just another port queen since they nerfed it.  IFHE...six of one half a dozen of the other.  

What nerf?

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

The Fire Chance penalty is massive against CAs if they take IFHE, because the penalty is % based, and they tend to have pretty good Fire Chances to begin with.

Stock, Henri IV has a strong 24% Fire Chance.

With IFHE + DE it drops down to 13%.

IFHE + Armor rework was not kind at all to Henri IV.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles
18 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Nevermind IFHE being viable on Henri, Henri is not viable to play.

I use IFHE on my Yoshino for the plethora of Kremlins I face.

~Hunter

I don't see the point of cutting your amazing fire chance in half when using IFHE on Yoshino, when the HE already is able to pen 52mm of armor without it.

Edited by Ace_04

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I don't see the point of cutting your amazing fire chance in half when using IFHE on Yoshino, when the HE already is able to pen 52mm of armor without it.

52mm is not enough for Kremlin, and because there's enough of them out there to warrant it, I use it. I still get decent damage, but I don't like relying on raw-fire damage for Yoshino. My highest damage games came from this captain build with raw HE damage and raw AP damage mixed in and minute fire-damage. I like to actually deal damage to my targets. Without IFHE, her HE shatters too much and I get irritated and my damage goes down.

~Hunter

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

Fire Damage also gets healed back 100% by Repair Party.

Actual shell Penetration damage, the typical Repair Party heals back 50% of that Pen damage.  An uncommon few Repair Parties do more than that.

But specifically with Cruiser HE attacks against Kremlin, a Cruiser reliant on Fire damage will get laughed at by Kremlin players.  That is exactly the sort of thing the RU BB Line's peculiar DCP is best against.  But if your shells could actually Pen her armor, then it's no longer a laughing matter for the RU BB.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway