Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Torp passing through ship

18 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

When I get bored enough I will figure out how to show a replay of it. But i was next to a Cruiser and watched an enemy torp sail right through it and come out the other side. I was like wth

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
Just now, wildcat18 said:

When I get bored enough I will figure out how to show a replay of it. But i was next to a Cruiser and watched an enemy torp sail right through it and come out the other side. I was like wth

If you do watch the replay, you may see it sail through an island first.

It's a pretty old bug.

• Cool 1

Members
360 posts
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you do watch the replay, you may see it sail through an island first.

It's a pretty old bug.

Hopefully one will sail though my ship someday.

• Funny 1

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,465 battles

that was a dolphin  not a torp !!              duh !!

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
51 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Asashio torps do that all the time.  They can't hit cruisers or DDs.

[YORHA]
Members
5,007 posts
9,992 battles
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

Find the replay in the WoWs directory (usually C:\Games\World_of_Warships\replays)  and use the little paper clip thingy at the bottom left of the  forum "Reply" form and attach it.

It's not Rocket Surgery.

Members
2,119 posts
6,338 battles

Some Ships have Deep water Torps only hit BB's and CV's

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

Since you raised an accusation without pointing a finger at a suspect... Until you produce evidence of the assailent doing with you stated in your accusation.

I/We will discord this case due to lack of evidence.

• Boring 2

Members
360 posts
29 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Find the replay in the WoWs directory (usually C:\Games\World_of_Warships\replays)  and use the little paper clip thingy at the bottom left of the  forum "Reply" form and attach it.

It's not Rocket Surgery.

Rockets need surgery? Do they use anesthesia before they go under the knife?

Members
360 posts
1 hour ago, panamaz28 said:

that was a dolphin  not a torp !!              duh !!

Maybe it was flippers son/daughter?

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,787 battles
3 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

Three things could explain this:

1: Asashio deep water torps that cannot hit cruisers

2: an interesting visual bug where a torpedo will hit a target, but continue to be rendered and go on harmlessly forever, going through islands or other ships

3: server desync (yes it can happen to torps too): your screen showed the ship about half a ship-length behind where it actually is, so the torp actually missed astern, but your screen showed a supposed hit.

• Cool 1

[TF-64]
Members
540 posts
19,077 battles
11 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Three things could explain this:

1: Asashio deep water torps that cannot hit cruisers

2: an interesting visual bug where a torpedo will hit a target, but continue to be rendered and go on harmlessly forever, going through islands or other ships

3: server desync (yes it can happen to torps too): your screen showed the ship about half a ship-length behind where it actually is, so the torp actually missed astern, but your screen showed a supposed hit.

This. I have seen all 3 of these and I would bet in this order of commonality. #3 seems to be increasing in how often it happens but is still rather rare. But that is just my experience. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles

Asashio Deep Water Torpedoes.

In this screenshot below during a Co-op game, the Asashio player tried to do a short ranged torpedo drop against a bot Hindenburg.  The set of torps you see on the left of the screenshot?  They "missed" the Hindenburg because the torpedoes only hit Battleships and Carriers.  Asashio's DWTs are unique among even other DWTs because hers is so specific to only the two listed ship types, while regular DWTs such as found on the Pan Asia DD Line hit everything but DDs.

shot-19.05.27_15.00.39-0993.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
19 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

But i was next to a Cruiser and watched an enemy torp sail right through it and come out the other side. I was like wth

I 100% know what you are talking about because it has happened to me.  It is rare but sometimes.  And no, it was not a deep water torpedo.  Just last week, I was in my Alaska and a Shima torp went through the middle of my ship and out the other side.   The only explanation I can actually come up with is desync or some sorts.   This issue happens more frequently when I am playing my shima.  If a torp is going to hit the front of my ship, it just goes straight under.  I saw a Flambass video last week and he witnessed the same thing. 

EDIT: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/669159418167951380/703539555004842054/World_of_Warships_2020-04-24_19-24-02.mp4

Not my replay.  Coincidentally, after reading this thread, I hoped on Discord and someone shared a torp going through the ship

Edited by kishan99

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles
10 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Simple network latency just like any other online game.  The lag is real :D

I was playing on PTS and the lag was so bad, I'd fire my guns and there was like 3 seconds before it actually happened.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

Yup, nothing new there I'm afraid.  Try dealing with that from Australia or NZ just to add more pain.

Sign in to follow this