You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Resource Containers

42 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

If my memory serves me correctly from what I read about 9.4. Resource containers will no longer be part of the containers. So far I have used coal to purchase Commanders. So what other means is there to get coal after the patch?

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,660 posts
12 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

If my memory serves me correctly from what I read about 9.4. Resource containers will no longer be part of the containers. So far I have used coal to purchase Commanders. So what other means is there to get coal after the patch?

I believe it is the consumable containers that are being discontinued with the changes to the consumables themselves.  I could be wrong.

Members
360 posts

I tried to find the article but navigating WG stuff can be like finding a needle in a hay stack

• Cool 1

[IROCZ]
[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,381 battles

ITS CONSUMABLE, also for the rate of 160k exchange rate im thinkin of stacking a few dozen,  any thoughts ?

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
33 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

21 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I don't think it was resource, rather the consumables option.

I can Confirm it is the Consumables Containers being removed next update. The reason behind this is the standard free consumables are being removed and the premium consumables will become the new free standard consumables. The reason behind this is the fact it can be prohibitively expensive to run X ships that really need the premium consumables to be effective and yet at the same time your being bled dry on credits because of those consumables, sometimes even in victorious battles.

So this new change will be a good thing. But as a result the consumables containers will not be needed.

Now Resource containers Wargaming can’t remove as those are the primary source of coal for players and they encourage players to play daily in order to have enough coal for occasional Armory purchases. So it would Not be In Wargaming’s best interests to discourage players from playing on a daily basis. After all if you play on a daily basis the odds are highly you are enjoying the game and will be more likely to spend money on the game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,660 posts
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I can Confirm it is the Consumables Containers being removed next update. The reason behind this is the standard free consumables are being removed and the premium consumables will become the new free standard consumables. The reason behind this is the fact it can be prohibitively expensive to run X ships that really need the premium consumables to be effective and yet at the same time your being bled dry on credits because of those consumables, sometimes even in victorious battles.

I am looking forward to seeing what the premium consumables add.  I've never tried one being too cheap to pay for them and not wanting to get used to something I couldn't always have.

Members
360 posts
32 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So this new change will be a good thing. But as a result the consumables containers will not be needed.

Now Resource containers Wargaming can’t remove as those are the primary source of coal for players and they encourage players to play daily in order to have enough coal for occasional Armory purchases. So it would Not be In Wargaming’s best interests to discourage players from playing on a daily basis. After all if you play on a daily basis the odds are highly you are enjoying the game and will be more likely to spend money on the game.

Ok thanks, could have sworn I read something about coal moving from the resource containers, but maybe my old eyes and memory are failing me .

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

The prem consumable one is going away

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
16 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I am looking forward to seeing what the premium consumables add.  I've never tried one being too cheap to pay for them and not wanting to get used to something I couldn't always have.

The premium consumables are what we have had the option of upgrading to for about 22,500 credits per premium consumable or the option to pay doubloons. These premium consumables reload faster and in some cases give you additional uses of the consumables.

So for example your BBs that may use an HP heal and damage control then you get burned down not long after. With premium consumables your odds of survival are much higher as you can often use the consumables again in time to save your ship.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
43 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Ok thanks, could have sworn I read something about coal moving from the resource containers, but maybe my old eyes and memory are failing me .

It’s ok we can all make mistakes even if we are younger. :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,739 posts
4,630 battles

E.g.

29 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

or the option to pay doubloons.

That option went away a couple years ago.

Members
360 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

E.g.

Wg changes stuff more than I change my socks but as long as coal will still be there it's all good. When I first bought a 10 point commander I had to bang my head on the desk when I saw that I needed to pay more in credits or doubloons just to put him in the ship I wanted too. Typical money grab stuff from WG :Smile-angry:

Edited by wildcat18

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

A removal that was entirely for the better. Although it never happened to me, I know a lot of people claimed that the option to use credits, was inexplicably switched to the option to use doubloons with every new update. I sometimes wondered if this is because their first game after the update was in a ship that they hadn't changed over yet, but BECAUSE it never happened to me, I never noticed the withdrawal of the doubloon option!

This puts the final cap on that. Now everybody is on the same level. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,215 posts
21,396 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Great reply.  I am always curious about why people feel the urge to downvote about anything.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,940 posts
8,200 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Just think of any time you've run out of something, and could really use another, or one being ready 20 seconds sooner would have been really handy.

I don't normally use them, as A) I can't typically wring enough extra damage out of any extra time they give me to pay for them, and B) it's honestly not all that often I need them.

But they're certainly welcome for free!

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Great reply.  I am always curious about why people feel the urge to downvote about anything.

It does tend to be better if you simply politely rely if you have corrections or disagree with a post than to mysteriously downvote something.

Members
1,660 posts
4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Just think of any time you've run out of something, and could really use another, or one being ready 20 seconds sooner would have been really handy.

I don't normally use them, as A) I can't typically wring enough extra damage out of any extra time they give me to pay for them, and B) it's honestly not all that often I need them.

But they're certainly welcome for free!

Free is always welcome indeed!  I am looking forward to seeing what they do.

On the downside, it means longer lasting radars for everyone.....  :Smile_sad::Smile_hiding::Smile_sceptic:

Members
1,660 posts
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The premium consumables are what we have had the option of upgrading to for about 22,500 credits per premium consumable or the option to pay doubloons. These premium consumables reload faster and in some cases give you additional uses of the consumables.

So for example your BBs that may use an HP heal and damage control then you get burned down not long after. With premium consumables your odds of survival are much higher as you can often use the consumables again in time to save your ship.

Thanks.  I am well aware of what they are, I've just chosen to never use one.  I am too cheap to spend $$$ to get them and concerned I'd want them all the time if I did try them.

On the one hand, I look forward to using them.  On the other, it just means more frequent and longer lasting hydro and radar.

[_BDA_]
Members
299 posts
4,745 battles

I don't have any unopened containers, but I have quite a few premium consumables sitting in inventory.  What happens to those?  Are all of those being exchanged at 22,500 apiece?

[WOLFG]
Members
28,940 posts
8,200 battles
2 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Thanks.  I am well aware of what they are, I've just chosen to never use one.  I am too cheap to spend $$$ to get them and concerned I'd want them all the time if I did try them.

On the one hand, I look forward to using them.  On the other, it just means more frequent and longer lasting hydro and radar.

They aren't longer lasting, you just get an extra one and a faster cooldown.

I use them sparingly, on ships I know will likely get the extra usage. They don't cost dollars though, just credits.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,016 battles
2 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

I don't have any unopened containers, but I have quite a few premium consumables sitting in inventory.  What happens to those?  Are all of those being exchanged at 22,500 apiece?

It says converted to credits, doesn't say how many. The ones I have in inventory all say they sell for 11,250 each. I imagine that's what we will get. Purchase price of 22,500 would be nice. I have almost 700 of them, either would pay for a TT ship or two I have researched but haven't bought yet.