Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Arms Race

8 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,401 battles

Several of these in a row now, this is a mode I really don't care for and I am sure I am not alone. Yeah I get it you don't have to participate and I don't not big deal can we just not do Arms races again for a few cycles

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,517 battles

CRAP rewards, not worth the wait time. . . . . . . 

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

During the PTS of 0.9.0 Arms Race was part of the Random Battle rotation for tiers 8 through 10. Ranked Sprint attracts a fairly wide demographic of players because it's short, easy to rank out of, and rewards a decent chunk of coal. This season it will be a 12 v 12 T9-T10 with no restriction other than on divisions, so super close to a Random setup. Connect the dots: Ranked Sprint 11 is very likely the live server phase of testing Arms Race as a Random Mode rotation. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,598 posts
15,741 battles

I'm not a big fan of arms race mode myself. I prefer non arms race mode, but it's not so insufferable to keep me out. I can always use the coal, if I can rank out. I seem to struggle with this mode.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

new player to arms race..  how does it differ from randoms in this case?

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

new player to arms race..  how does it differ from randoms in this case?

The rules are the same as Ranked 11 found here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/ranked-11-arms-race/

There are buff zones that appear in random locations around the map. You sail into the them to get your team points and ship buffs. Players tend to be aggressive/risky to seize the buffs but sometimes sail completely out of position. If the match lasts long enough there will be a big capute zone in the center which racks up points super fast once you capture it. This forces players to contest the middle forcing even more brawls. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

hmm well i only have 1 t9 (bought and paid for!!) I will join it for the kicks...  apologies to all who end up on my team, may as well get that out of the way now...

Sign in to follow this