You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goha

AA Consumable , Destroyer lvl 7, Mahan

7 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
225 battles

Hello,

Would you, please, advise me, how to activate AA consumable on my destroyer (Mahan, USA, lvl 7)

According to this page:
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Defensive_AA_Fire_Data

My destroyer should have it. But for some reasons I can't enable it or I am looking in wrong place,

image.thumb.png.d35030b50f751b7ea678f068b43d34dd.png

Here is where I've seen those consumables on previous Destroyer level 6, and where I expected to see it now:

image.png.e52065a2fe92ad3dd91402a2fc269784.png

It's not there.

Why? What should I do to enable it? Where I should look for it?

your advise would be much appreciated.

Members
111 posts
5,439 battles

Try a different hull. I think the american DDs can only put DF on certain hulls for certain ships. Sometimes they have to give up a gun turret to do so.

Members
4,370 posts
11,269 battles

What Jimmy said. Right now it can only be mounted on certain hulls (my guess would be the C Hull since that’s the AA hull for most USN DDs). There’s a change currently being tested on PTS that will allow t5+ USN DDs to mount it on any hull (https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/12). 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,131 posts
4,088 battles

You need to mount the C hull to get DF. But don’t do it. You have to give up a gun turret, and DF doesn’t do much for you anyway, your AA is still trash. Keep the gun and speed boost. Your best defense against planes is to turn off your AA to make yourself harder to spot. Because no USN DD can really defend itself against CVs even with DF and AA build.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles

its not worth building any ship into AA as h.e and planes remove your AA mounts, just stick to building into guns or torps to maximise damage and hope cv doesnt click on you.