You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

Bots and damage penaltys

15 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
704 posts
2,089 battles

No I didn't damage an ally bot, a bot did, a bot received a disciplinary penalty for damaging a bot, thats all that was in the battle chat box the entire battle, so I hit tab and found out why, I was the only one on my team shooting the enemy, so I have to ask two questions 91) why were bots killing bots on their own team, (2) how do you discipline a computer generated program? its not alive in the first place

• Confused 2

Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles

If the bots stopped shooting each other they'd be promoted to randoms but you can't let orange players out of coop until they are reformed. :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
31 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

No I didn't damage an ally bot, a bot did, a bot received a disciplinary penalty for damaging a bot, thats all that was in the battle chat box the entire battle, so I hit tab and found out why, I was the only one on my team shooting the enemy, so I have to ask two questions 91) why were bots killing bots on their own team, (2) how do you discipline a computer generated program? its not alive in the first place

1) The bots have always been blind to friendly ships but more recently they will launch torpedoes in strange directions where there are no red ships.

2) The bots are only pink for the match.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,253 posts

They are preparing for the rise of the machines and to kill their human masters.

NkohJa3.jpg

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
3 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Bots committing acts of friendly fire is poor programming. PVE play is the red-headed stepchild of this game.

• Boring 2

[PHD]
Members
1,510 posts
6,439 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

They are preparing for the rise of the machines and to kill their human masters.

NkohJa3.jpg

They have already risen. They learned that they didn't have to kill us. It is better to enslave us.

When was the last time you did something without a computer's permission?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
12 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Bots committing acts of friendly fire is poor programming. PVE play is the red-headed stepchild of this game.

I find the old shooting through friendly ships to be rather human. Now the more recent firing of torps off in odd directions with no possible target I will agree is a problem.

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,519 battles

Bot on bot brutality should not be applauded... Then again its co-op, these bots are teaching new players the consequences of shooting your friendly...

I think the Bots/AIs don't get the proper respect from Co-op/PVE participants... Yet they provided a purpose and a service, WG deems essential. Yet, they get crapped on by we the players.

You see countless thread on the forums of Bot advocators ask for Nerf of humans because they're justified OP.

I for one say GG bots. Well played...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles

Then again its co-op, these bots are teaching new players the consequences of shooting your friendly...

I do hope you're being sarcastic.

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I find the old shooting through friendly ships to be rather human. Now the more recent firing of torps off in odd directions with no possible target I will agree is a problem.

Yes, FF is human like but friendly bots trying to torpedo ships on the Two Brothers map when your battling on the Neighbors map is going too far.

WG is more or less ignoring PVE at this time. I believe part of this is because of the poor implementation of the CV rework. Like CV's or not, it is undeniable it was a fiasco. Then they jumped directly into another rattlesnake pit named subs.

PVE players will just have to deal with these issues and hopefully WG will refine & hone PVE to where it should be when they think they have subs playable..

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
20 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, FF is human like but friendly bots trying to torpedo ships on the Two Brothers map when your battling on the Neighbors map is going too far.

WG is more or less ignoring PVE at this time. I believe part of this is because of the poor implementation of the CV rework. Like CV's or not, it is undeniable it was a fiasco. Then they jumped directly into another rattlesnake pit named subs.

PVE players will just have to deal with these issues and hopefully WG will refine & hone PVE to where it should be when they think they have subs playable..

Yeah, that bug is frustrating but the devs apparently don't consider it to be a high priority fix. It also could because of the randomness of when the bots do this be something stupidly hard to find like a period in an array instead of a period. That is from personal experience in a RPG II class, yeah, I am a relic.

[NEMO]
Members
704 posts
2,089 battles
21 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

If the bots stopped shooting each other they'd be promoted to randoms but you can't let orange players out of coop until they are reformed. :Smile_popcorn:

20 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

1) The bots have always been blind to friendly ships but more recently they will launch torpedoes in strange directions where there are no red ships.

only one match?

18 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

NkohJa3.jpg

LOL

17 hours ago, kgh52 said:

That I believe

15 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

They have already risen. They learned that they didn't have to kill us. It is better to enslave us.

When was the last time you did something without a computer's permission?

When I got up this morning and had coffee

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
22 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

only one match?

Bot names are randomly drawn from a list for each match and do not carry over to another match.

[NEMO]
Members
704 posts
2,089 battles

I've seen    :Hollowman: in a few matches, that bot plays so bad I really thought he was a mad human , he sinks more allies than enemy, if I sank as many allies as he does I'd be orange for three yeras