You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

ship suggestion no more

12 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
4,212 battles

I thought of a experiment of the other two Iowa Class battleships that aren't in the game but people are saying that I am spamming useless info for the ships. I want to let you know that I don't have a clear idea if and even a remotely if, these ships are going into the game, I made New Jersey as a Vietnam era kind of battleship, Wisconsin in the 90s era. I tried doing an idea on what it might look like for a battleship that may go into the game, that backfired, so I did the other posts to keep things in general, because I don't expect these things to go into the game whatsoever, I don't mind that they aren't going to even a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000...1% chance, I just wanted to put a ship idea that has enough description that you guys/gals can see without going fully into the details for Wows. Clearly, people don't like that too, so this is my final suggestions USS New Jersey in Vietnam era and Wisconsin in 90s era.

Thank you captains for destroying history to be remembered

This is my last suggestion, congratulations, a job well done

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
28 minutes ago, cmjohnson207 said:

I thought of a experiment of the other two Iowa Class battleships that aren't in the game but people are saying that I am spamming useless info for the ships. I want to let you know that I don't have a clear idea if and even a remotely if, these ships are going into the game, I made New Jersey as a Vietnam era kind of battleship, Wisconsin in the 90s era. I tried doing an idea on what it might look like for a battleship that may go into the game, that backfired, so I did the other posts to keep things in general, because I don't expect these things to go into the game whatsoever, I don't mind that they aren't going to even a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000...1% chance, I just wanted to put a ship idea that has enough description that you guys/gals can see without going fully into the details for Wows. Clearly, people don't like that too, so this is my final suggestions USS New Jersey in Vietnam era and Wisconsin in 90s era.

Not sure why you are so angry, haven't seen the previous posts and for the most part suggestions are not taken with a lot of good reception, as a personal advice when you post something online please don't expect an overwhelming positive response because it will lead to disappointment and possibly anger

As for why people didn't like the proposal... Well as I just said, didn't read the other posts but keep in mind that this is a WW2 era bases game, Iowa class received nuclear shells and other stuff way after WW2 so keep in mind it should fit a 30s to early 50s time span. Other than that, New Jersey is very likely to get added at some point, it's not a matter of if, more of when

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles

Ship suggestions are fine, but you need to put a little more thought into them.

• What makes them unique and different from what's already in the game?
  • What synergy do they offer?
  • How is the balance compared to other ships at tier?

Just posting a few most absolute basic stats listed from Wikipedia isn't going to do. See the link in my sig for how to make a ship suggestion.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,652 posts
14,715 battles

I wouldn't worry about them coming or not, this subforum has pretty much nothing to do with ships coming into the game. 

Even if it did, worry not, there have been plenty of Wisconsin and NJ requests before...

Members
324 posts
4,316 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just posting a few most absolute basic stats listed from Wikipedia isn't going to do. See the link in my sig for how to make a ship suggestion.

That's pretty much it. You've just been doing threads with "Guys, there's this ship. What if we put it in the game <copy+paste a bunch of things off of Wikipedia>". Without adding anything more to it, that's not a suggestions, that's pretty much just letting us know that a specific ship exists, but that's not a suggestion for the game. Right now, in this subforum, 15 of the last 30 threads have been created by you with that same premise, that's why it's spam. One of your first was "how about if I just make up an American pocket battleship out of nowhere and put it in the game?".

If you want to suggest a ship, normally it's expected that you give some information beyond what wiki says. Tell us why you'd like it in the game, how'd it fit in the game, how's it different to what's already there. Give people information and something to discuss and they'll engage instead of just going "this is a cool ship so I'm suggesting it!" 15 times in 3 days. You could even make a single thread where you post ships you'd like to see (I see you like converted merchantships, so tell us why you want them in-game, how they'd fit with what's already there), and let people talk about your ideas.

Members
40 posts
4,212 battles
41 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Not sure why you are so angry, haven't seen the previous posts and for the most part suggestions are not taken with a lot of good reception, as a personal advice when you post something online please don't expect an overwhelming positive response because it will lead to disappointment and possibly anger

As for why people didn't like the proposal... Well as I just said, didn't read the other posts but keep in mind that this is a WW2 era bases game, Iowa class received nuclear shells and other stuff way after WW2 so keep in mind it should fit a 30s to early 50s time span. Other than that, New Jersey is very likely to get added at some point, it's not a matter of if, more of when

im not angry, Im just disappointed with myself that I am trying to bring back a sliver of history in a "not so serious ship proposal", I have tried to make a ship suggestion, but I obviously failed that in a spectacular way. I tried to go for a "general description on the ships" and that gotten farther. but you know people are people. there is a reason I am saying that this is a ship idea, nothing more, nothing less, just "general specifics" from wiki. which naturally and kind of expectantly gotten pooped on. so just putting a ship in a WoWs description got shot down. tried a putting a idea on the table worked for a bit. so when I tried Iowa class, people pushed me too far. so I am going down with my ship and going into the sea along with other ships into the dark to only be remembered by few.

Members
40 posts
4,212 battles
46 minutes ago, Lert said:

I would put a more detailed description, but I am not up for much hopes on the potential idea that this will go into the game. I am putting these "suggestions or proposals" and a not so serious suggestions for the community.

naturally, you can make better suggestions than I can, so I am letting the professionals that know how to do this

Which is why Ill be going down with my ship and hope you have a better time than me

So good luck Admiral of the Navy, the suggestions are in better hands with you.

Members
40 posts
4,212 battles
1 hour ago, Fr05ty said:

That's pretty much it. You've just been doing threads with "Guys, there's this ship. What if we put it in the game <copy+paste a bunch of things off of Wikipedia>". Without adding anything more to it, that's not a suggestions, that's pretty much just letting us know that a specific ship exists, but that's not a suggestion for the game. Right now, in this subforum, 15 of the last 30 threads have been created by you with that same premise, that's why it's spam. One of your first was "how about if I just make up an American pocket battleship out of nowhere and put it in the game?".

If you want to suggest a ship, normally it's expected that you give some information beyond what wiki says. Tell us why you'd like it in the game, how'd it fit in the game, how's it different to what's already there. Give people information and something to discuss and they'll engage instead of just going "this is a cool ship so I'm suggesting it!" 15 times in 3 days. You could even make a single thread where you post ships you'd like to see (I see you like converted merchantships, so tell us why you want them in-game, how they'd fit with what's already there), and let people talk about your ideas.

well, look I am bad enough that I am a potato at it. ok. I don't exactly know how to do any of this because I am new at this. so naturally, my talent is not needed here, so ill just go away and leave the suggestions to you guys that has more experience on this and Ill just be on my mary way in life.

why even put a effort on trying if everyone else doesn't want a not so serious idea

so, you can do what you do, and I just stay away and leave this to more experienced people like yourself.

and no, I am not mad, just disappointed and just watch. That will be better for everyone

Members
324 posts
4,316 battles
Just now, cmjohnson207 said:

well, look I am bad enough that I am a potato at it. ok. I don't exactly know how to do any of this because I am new at this. so naturally, my talent is not needed here, so ill just go away and leave the suggestions to you guys that has more experience on this and Ill just be on my mary way in life.

why even put a effort on trying if everyone else doesn't want a not so serious idea

so, you can do what you do, and I just stay away and leave this to more experienced people like yourself.

and no, I am not mad, just disappointed and just watch. That will be better for everyone

Nobody's saying that it's got to be super serious, just that you put a bit of effort into it instead of just copy+pasting. Give us context, tell us how you envision the ship working in the game, give us a bit of history on the ships, why they were notable. Pretty much, put anything in there to tell us why this ship should be in the game.

Nobody here is a professional, we all do suggestions in different styles, but the common thread is that people put a bit of effort on their posts, not just a copy+paste of 5 things and go with "so how about it?". Engage with people, show them something for them to discuss. Otherwise, it's not really much more than saying "look at this cool ship", and that's not really a suggestion, is it?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Meh don't think much about it man. Most are rejected. I've offered a couple suggestions they were all rejected. I don't take it personal.  At least you have a venue to offer suggestions. I'm glad there is a open channel of communication.

[MR-1]
Members
1,064 posts
18,583 battles

we have the patch with the clan name  on it how about a clan flag 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles

20 hours ago, cmjohnson207 said:

Bub, if you want a ship suggestion well done, take a look at some of my work. Just get some pointers, and you'll understand it. ( I'm 16, by the way. That might come as a bit of a shock )

:SerB:

Edit: Either my work, or you can go take a look at some of Lert's work as well. He does WAY better stuff than what I do.

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula