You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lylanthwol

So, I know I suck but this is ridiculous

38 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

I left the game for about a year and a half for personal reasons and I came back about two week ago.  My personal game play is meh I'll admit.  My stats are borked.  I have my good games and bad games, but I'm working on it.  I've focused on working the BB tech tree for USA, Kriegsmarine and UK in the mid-tier area V & VI.  Once in a while I'll grab a higher cruiser for a change of pace.

That being said.  DEAR CHRIST gameplay is truly, mind bogglingly, ridiculously AWFUL!   I just had the worst game I've ever seen on Trident with an Omaha.  Was working the flanks, calling targets, setting things on fire and annoying incoming enemy on the flank.  Then dodging friendly torpedoes.  Dodging friendly ships, blowing my horn and trying to adjust to what my green friends were doing.   Then I watched in horror as a New York steamed straight up the middle in between islands and FEED itself to a DD.  It couldn't have been worse if he had freaking JUMPED into the mouth of one of Joe Exotic's pets.  Everything collapsed of course and we lost:

859-7

Eight Hundred and Fifty Nine to SEVEN!!!    Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!!!!

In recent days there's been much of this.  Usually its someone steaming themselves into oblivion like that.  Then there's the chat yellers.  I can usually ignore those but I've actually gotten to the point with a couple that I blacklisted in game.  And one clown immediately as soon as the horn sounded starts clicking all over the back of the map and "get backing" every ship over and over and over and over and over again until I was tempted to send him to live with the squid myself.

Ok, rant over.  I know, I'm not the only one that's frustrated.

/steam

• Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

SHHHH! Must not anger BB mains... They think DDs are the only one that have the ability to YOLO and throw the game...

• Funny 3
  • Boring 6

[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,953 battles

My opinion don't use gods name in vain for a silly game ……………………………... 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
1 minute ago, Tachnechdorus said:

A lot to be said for this. You throw together 7, 9, 11 or 12 random people from all over North America, stick 'em into a 20-minute pixel boat game and expect them to show the team skills of a Super Bowl team? Neeeeever gonna happen, so don't get frustrated or overly angry when things don't go accordingly to plan. All you do by losing your cool is your own level of play further deteriorates. 

Not going to claim that I have never lost my cool at this game, but I try to remind myself of ^^^ above.

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,587 posts
15,730 battles

It's a increasing trend. Just ride the wave if trending MM favors you. Go do something else if trending MM is unfavorable.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
24 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

You’ll potentially get ridiculed for having stood up on this point. But I’ll stand with you.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[TF_64]
Members
163 posts
31 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

If you truly believe this then it would be "God's" name, not "gods." The lower-case "g" implies more than one. If your belief and principles are so strong you must comment, get it right.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles

I have to agree with the OP here. It's difficult to find a sense of cohesion these days when half of a team is usually full of glue-sniffers and the other half is just a heaping pile of salt. As a BB main myself, I usually require team support in order to actually win a flank ( Bismarck is my best ship, so it's somewhat ironic, because of the hydroacoustic search ), but that teamwork never arrives, and I usually end up finding myself solo against (quite literally ) the entire team. It's like it's 1 vs 23 instead of 12 vs 12 these days, and I just cannot get over how stupid it can be sometimes. 

:SerB:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,659 posts
24 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

My opinion don't use gods name for a silly game ……………………………... 

So I can't talk about the USS Castor, Nereus, Arethusa, Prometheus, Jason, Galatea, Medusa, Triton, Amphitrite, and Iris or the HMS Phaeton, Arethusa, Amphion, Alcmene, and Argus?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Members
3,759 posts
23,331 battles
8 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I have to agree with the OP here. It's difficult to find a sense of cohesion these days when half of a team is usually full of glue-sniffers and the other half is just a heaping pile of salt. As a BB main myself, I usually require team support in order to actually win a flank ( Bismarck is my best ship, so it's somewhat ironic, because of the hydroacoustic search ), but that teamwork never arrives, and I usually end up finding myself solo against (quite literally ) the entire team. It's like it's 1 vs 23 instead of 12 vs 12 these days, and I just cannot get over how stupid it can be sometimes. 

Yeah that's not my experience. A lot of what you are describing is choices you made and its consequences on the team if you are "usually end up finding myself solo against (quite literally ) the entire team".

• Cool 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,252 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So I can't talk about the USS Castor, Nereus, Arethusa, Prometheus, Jason, Galatea, Medusa, Triton, Amphitrite, and Iris or the HMS Phaeton, Arethusa, Amphion, Alcmene, and Argus?

Pretty sure a few of those were demi gods, heroes, and the odd titan.

I know Castor had a mortal father (in the story), while his twin brother Pollux was sired by Zeus.

Still not sure how that works.

Those whacky greeks!

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yeah that's not my experience. A lot of what you are describing is choices you made and its consequences on the team if you are "usually end up finding myself solo against (quite literally ) the entire team".

That's the thing, though. It's not like I even made those choices myself. I agree with my team ad decide to push a flank, along with some fairly decent cruiser or destroyer support, and the moment that I say I got detected, everyone starts panicking, and within 30 seconds, I'm like "wait, where did all my cruiser support go", because guess what, they all ran scared behind an island because there's a Kagero hiding in plain sight( or they all found a nice big pot of glue to sniff behind an island ). Besides, it's not like the Death Star from WoT, where everyone's scared of it because of the fact that it can one shot everything that's not a Maus. The Kagero's torpedoes can be seen from the next post-code over, and with my Bismarck's hydroacoustic search running, it's easy for me to not only dodge the torpedoes, but also alert the team that there are torpedoes that need to be dodged.

I just know the DD mafia is going to try and assasinate me for making these remarks about the Kagero, but what do I care? That's not the focus of this thread.

P.S This is a good discussion, +1

[SALVO]
Members
24,834 posts
25,917 battles
1 hour ago, Lylanthwol said:

I left the game for about a year and a half for personal reasons and I came back about two week ago.  My personal game play is meh I'll admit.  My stats are borked.  I have my good games and bad games, but I'm working on it.  I've focused on working the BB tech tree for USA, Kriegsmarine and UK in the mid-tier area V & VI.  Once in a while I'll grab a higher cruiser for a change of pace.

That being said.  DEAR CHRIST gameplay is truly, mind bogglingly, ridiculously AWFUL!   I just had the worst game I've ever seen on Trident with an Omaha.  Was working the flanks, calling targets, setting things on fire and annoying incoming enemy on the flank.  Then dodging friendly torpedoes.  Dodging friendly ships, blowing my horn and trying to adjust to what my green friends were doing.   Then I watched in horror as a New York steamed straight up the middle in between islands and FEED itself to a DD.  It couldn't have been worse if he had freaking JUMPED into the mouth of one of Joe Exotic's pets.  Everything collapsed of course and we lost:

859-7

Eight Hundred and Fifty Nine to SEVEN!!!    Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!!!!

In recent days there's been much of this.  Usually its someone steaming themselves into oblivion like that.  Then there's the chat yellers.  I can usually ignore those but I've actually gotten to the point with a couple that I blacklisted in game.  And one clown immediately as soon as the horn sounded starts clicking all over the back of the map and "get backing" every ship over and over and over and over and over again until I was tempted to send him to live with the squid myself.

Ok, rant over.  I know, I'm not the only one that's frustrated.

/steam

Dude, just remember that there's a lockdown going on in most places and there's probably a lot of bored people, and probably a lot of newbies, playing the game.  I think that we need to be at least a little more understanding during these times.  It's not WG's fault that there's a global pandemic that's got people stuck at home on lockdown and bored out of their skulls.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,659 posts
48 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Those wacky greeks!

One of the most interesting classes I took in college was Greek and Roman mythology. On another forum I went by "Metis," which was the titan of wisdom. Though later mythologies demoted it, Metis was originally one of the old primordial gods. Manly Wade Wellman wrote a book called "The Old Gods Laugh" -- I always liked the title of that book because it made me think of the old gods laughing at the antics of the likes of Zeus and his ilk like they were house kittens playing with string, thinking themselves mighty lions. The newer pantheons got wacky indeed. Game of Thrones doesn't have anything on the Olympic gods. In fact, most stories written after the Greek Mythologies are really just retellings of the same in the vernacular of the day.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
4 posts
740 battles

You rememeber back in the day world of torpedos even since beta and well nothing changed its only gotten worse. And to add to all this they bringing in the subs hahahahah well   you know.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, CrownoftheFleet said:

If you truly believe this then it would be "God's" name, not "gods." The lower-case "g" implies more than one. If your belief and principles are so strong you must comment, get it right.

Who appointed you the judge of his principles and standards?

I’ll wager that out of your mere 110 posts, that an incredibly small number of them were devoted to grammatical correction of posts, and that your current post is more reflective of your personal biases and bigotry, than of any proclaimed sensitivity to grammatical and spelling issues.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Boring 2

[SIM]
Members
4,936 posts
8,014 battles

You had a bad game in WoWs and really thought that it was worth making a topic about? :Smile_amazed:

[WOLFG]
Members
29,090 posts
8,332 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I agree with my team ad decide to push a flank....

That's like agreeing with a bunch of strangers that everyone will shave their head, and you'll go first lol.

• Funny 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,568 posts
11,184 battles
23 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's like agreeing with a bunch of strangers that everyone will shave their head, and you'll go first lol.

That's funny the barbershops are closed so I just took the clippers put the #1 blade on her and shaved my head myself with a hand held mirror .  

It feels awesome but looks like sh#t but at least I found out that if I go bald I have a nice shaped head . No knots or anything !!

Edited by clammboy

[PVE]
Members
4,274 posts
18,658 battles
2 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

A lot to be said for this. You throw together 7, 9, 11 or 12 random people from all over North America, stick 'em into a 20-minute pixel boat game and expect them to show the team skills of a Super Bowl team? Neeeeever gonna happen, so don't get frustrated or overly angry when things don't go accordingly to plan. All you do by losing your cool is your own level of play further deteriorates. 

Not going to claim that I have never lost my cool at this game, but I try to remind myself of ^^^ above.

Never gonna happen I get.  But, we live in an ordered universe.....I thought?   The game is based on Chaos Theory it seems; and, our host simply excels in creating negative determinates....  Whatever "order" we had went out the window with the baby a while back and we are sailing on a brown ocean (a dirty baby?) lately and we seem to be headed towards games that have arena, Free-for-all's.....  Like Mechwarrior's Solaris concept !  Now, all we need is an announcer named Dunkin Fisher and we'd be there with ships instead of Robots !

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,276 posts
2 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

In Random Battles, there is only death.

I have spoken.

This is the way.

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
46 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Probably the reason why I have such a bad winrate. I tend to trust people more often than not, often with serious consequences

[WOLFG]
Members
29,090 posts
8,332 battles
31 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That's funny the barbershops are closed so I just took the clippers put the #1 blade on her and shaved my head myself with a hand held mirror .  

It feels awesome but looks like sh#t but at least I found out that if I go bald I have a nice shaped head . No knots or anything !!

I've done that for over 25 years now lol.

Not sure what #1 means, I use a 3/4" setting. And you're lucky with the head. I can't go any shorter, because as I found out, after the first time, (when I went right to the wood) my head should have "Top-Flite" tattooed on it lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,090 posts
8,332 battles
20 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Probably the reason why I have such a bad winrate. I tend to trust people more often than not, often with serious consequences

It's not so much a trust thing, it's that most people aren't prepared to advance or bust. Everybody has their own idea of when it's getting too hot. The person with the lowest threshold balks first. The next lowest would keep going, except that now it looks like the push has one fewer ship. And so on.

Best bet is to let someone else lead, and then you can be their reliable support.

• Cool 1