You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Embarrassing

56 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles

My stats last 30 days 

130 battles 

34% win rate 

PR 500 

Ave Damage 40,200 

Kill ratio 7.7

survival 30%

experience 1340 

average tier 7.8 

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong . I cant win a game since I'm out of work . Before the pandemic I was at almost 48% win rate and for the 6 months before that I was playing at a 52% win rate really making progress .

All of sudden I cant win I'm pushing I'm doing stupid stuff . When I play good the team plays bad when I play bad the team plays good .

I'm not blaming it on anything but I'm tired of getting my butt kicked every night . 

How do good players deal with adverse conditions .

Should I move down to lower tiers 5 or 6 I really don't want to but this is embarrassing .

I need some advice please .

• Boring 1

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

Don't worry I'm in the same boat. Makes me angry that my 35% wr probably means some lucky bugger is at 65%wr.. Match maker loves putting the unicums on 1 team against Team Stoopid on the other...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,669 posts
15 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I need some advice please.

Find your best ship and play that. Not only will your stats go up, you will get even better in that ship. When I have a string of losses I take out my Massachusetts and win some games because my WR in it is 10% higher than my overall WR.

Looks like you also have a Massy and do pretty well in it. Try taking it out for ten games and see what happens.

• Cool 1

Members
3,587 posts
13,004 battles

Sometimes I take a couple day break. Other times I go play or do something different. I let go of any real weight this game actually has. Im not even a "good" wows player, I couldnt tell you a single armor value or shell caliber on any ship. Practicing simple fundamentals of the shooter genre is something you really need to grasp. Aiming, positioning, and knowing when to be aggressive or defensive. These are the keys to random play. Once you can ingrain those into your every day gameplay, winning comes easy (I have found this true in any of the 100s of shooter type games ive played)

mew.thumb.jpg.8e0e186348aac5dba939e570ce5607c6.jpg

Just general tips to maybe smooth things out.

1. Division and clan play, play with friends (hopefully decent at the game)

2. Play your stronger ships and ship types

3. Slow down, let opportunities present themselves.

• Boring 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles

you should never be playing solo in the current state of random battles, always div with another competent player

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,135 posts
19,960 battles
44 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Don't worry I'm in the same boat. Makes me angry that my 35% wr probably means some lucky bugger is at 65%wr.. Match maker loves putting the unicums on 1 team against Team Stoopid on the other...

carfeful, the parties benefiting will show up and get your post locked.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[-BMV-]
Members
519 posts
18,808 battles

DO NOT PUSH FIRST. Let others do that. That way you can see the position of the closest enemies to you and choose who and how you will fight.

When i lose too many games i play with my fav ships. Alabama, Monarch, Mainz and Pensacola. The more you play with a ship you like, the more you can learn its strengths and weaknesses, in turn, improving your game and contributing more to the team.

I don't do divs but if you can, play with friends. Having fun with other people and enjoying the game contributes enormously to winning games and improving stats. Two more players that are in sync with you have immediate effect on how a battle will go.

Most of all. PATIENCE. Don't rush, pick targets accordingly, always stay close to action, read the flow of battle and let 'em have it.

Good luck and have fun out there.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,461 battles
55 minutes ago, clammboy said:

My stats last 30 days 

130 battles 

34% win rate 

PR 500 

Ave Damage 40,200 

Kill ratio 7.7

survival 30%

experience 1340 

average tier 7.8 

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong . I cant win a game since I'm out of work . Before the pandemic I was at almost 48% win rate and for the 6 months before that I was playing at a 52% win rate really making progress .

All of sudden I cant win I'm pushing I'm doing stupid stuff . When I play good the team plays bad when I play bad the team plays good .

I'm not blaming it on anything but I'm tired of getting my butt kicked every night . 

Should I move down to lower tiers 5 or 6 I really don't want to but this is embarrassing .

Looking at your recent and overall stats, I'm just going to guess that you're pushing up to early, getting caught in a bad position and getting focused down.  Post some replays so we'd have more information to work with.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,461 battles
28 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

you should never be playing solo in the current state of random battles, always div with another competent player

I wouldn't go that far, I still do fairly well and I'm strictly a solo player.  Not that I'm arguing that playing in a div with good players is a bad idea, I'd certainly agree with that.

One of the problems I see with teams is that so many of the divisions are full of bad players.  They act like a negative force multiplier lol.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
13 hours ago, clammboy said:

My stats last 30 days 

130 battles 

34% win rate 

PR 500 

Ave Damage 40,200 

Kill ratio 7.7

survival 30%

experience 1340 

average tier 7.8 

Best advice I can give:

1) Ignore the stats … this is an arcade game - wth are you thinking :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
1,416 battles
3 hours ago, Sidelock said:

DO NOT PUSH FIRST. Let others do that.

With that line of thought, eventually NO ONE pushes.

• Funny 1

[-BMV-]
Members
519 posts
18,808 battles
30 minutes ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

With that line of thought, eventually NO ONE pushes.

But, am i wrong considering what he wrote?. If he leads a push with how randoms are at the moment, chances are teanmates will abandon him, he will die quick and his stats will not improve. There's nothing wrong with supporting a push, but unless you know how to angle, how to effectively minimaze potential damage, have support commited to the role and have the right ship you simply dont lead one unless you are out of options or the flow of battle calls for it. In this particular case its better if he let other people do it while he supports them with medium range fire simply because there are no guarantees of other players giving support if he is the one pushing.

I dont believe i gave a wrong advice.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Boring 1

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,848 battles

When I run into this sort of streak - and believe me, I've run into more than one - I tend to revert to what I know.  I spend a few games running my favorite couple of ships, which happen also to be the ships I tend to play best in.  That doesn't necessarily mean take out the ships everyone says are the best.  No, take out YOUR favorites, whatever they may be.  For me, my top favorite ship is...wait for it...Omaha.  I can't explain why, but Omaha and I just get along really well.  In second/third place are the near-twin brothers Konigsberg and Nurnberg.  But, warning here, this isn't foolproof.  I once had a LONG losing streak playing Omaha.  I've blocked out that memory now, but I think it was 12 losses in a row.

I don't think we can answer the "what am I doing wrong" part without a lot more information.  Your survival rate does seem low, though, so a place to start might be concentrating on living longer.  To win, your team needs to do damage, kill enemy ships, win caps, and deny caps to the enemy.  You can't contribute to any of those when you're dead.  There are times for a glorious last stand, to be sure, but often it's better to live to fight a little longer.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
5 hours ago, clammboy said:

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong .

Post the team results, from the battle summery... Trust me, if you want opinions, now is the time to harvest them...

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles
26 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

But, am i wrong considering what he wrote?. If he leads a push with how randoms are at the moment, chances are teanmates will abandon him, he will die quick and his stats will not improve. There's nothing wrong with supporting a push, but unless you know how to angle, how to effectively minimaze potential damage, have support commited to the role and have the right ship you simply dont lead one unless you are out of options or the flow of battle calls for it. In this particular case its better if he let other people do it while he supports them with medium range fire simply because there are no guarantees of other players giving support if he is the one pushing.

Someone is gonna be the first ship in a push (unless you're with others that are really good at sailing in a formation?).

In several of my games, lately, that person is me.  
I've been grinding an Amagi, in randoms.

Also, I led a charge to capture an area, while in one of my CV's, yesterday.
You know how some people ask "What's the plan?" at the beginning of a match?  Well, I responded with "I intend to capture area <X>".
Some teammates joined me and we went in.  :-)
I even sank a DD with my secondaries.  I was sunk, shortly thereafter.
But, we got some momentum going and caused a lot of damage and sank some ships quickly.  I figure being "unconventional" didn't hurt, either.
Our team won that match and it was an interesting game to play and watch on camera after I was sunk.

I'm not a fan of the "island camping" paint-ball-game/pill-box behavior or the "get back!" retreats that become "death balls/fish-bait-balls" of a allied ships circling together while opposing ships advance and sink them one-by-one.
The "mini-map" clearly shows this kind of stuff going on in random battles.

Also, BB's have more than just main batteries.  Get those secondary batteries some target-practice, too, eh?  :-)

I started in co-op and have mostly played there in my WOWs experience.  But, I've been playing more in the random battle modes for the past several months because the salty dialogue has been less of a problem and because the credits & XP earnings are higher (and I'm trying to grind more expensive ships nowadays).

Co-op has been good for learning how to deal maximum damage in a short amount of time.  And the 'Bots don't lack for courage.  :-)
Randoms has been good for learning some of the "human tricks" and for learning to deal with opposition that tries to stay out of reach (of torpedoes, for example).
Both modes offer the occasional surprise or "LOL" moment.  :-)

[OO7]
Members
549 posts
6,771 battles
1 hour ago, Sidelock said:

Good players will look at the mini map and know when to push.  If there isn't sufficient info on the minimap then wait for more spotting / info.

Too many times I see a bb sitting behind a rock, when the only enemy ship within vicinity is a dumb cruiser that can get easily blapped.  Or a radar cruiser sitting behind a rock while a torpedo-less dd is being radar, and the cruiser doesn't realize he can walk in and eat the guy because all the enemy bb are out of range.

That is how you have situation in game where 2 enemy ship can stall an entire lemming train, because everyone are simultaneous followers of the "i will never push first" and "i dont know what a minimap is" school of teaching.

Edited by mixmkz
  • Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles
6 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Looking at your recent and overall stats, I'm just going to guess that you're pushing up to early, getting caught in a bad position and getting focused down.  Post some replays so we'd have more information to work with.

This happens often sometimes my fault and sometimes nobody will cap or do anything . So I feel forced to but yes your right thank you .

Edited by clammboy

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I spent the day yesterday in Izmail... so this is my experience at Tier6  (I only play solo, no divs)

I play aggressive any chance I get..   it works some of the time...  specifically when the DD and Cruisers on my flank don't race too far ahead, and another BB backs us up...   if any of that doesn't happen...   

If the dd's and cruiser race ahead, well they will get focused...  usually any time a BB is in range at least one or more reds will send some fire my way and the presence of bb's will keep them running for island cover..     without a 2nd BB.. well it's just pointless...

The game likes to screw with low tiers...  I am sure it intentionally puts low tier bb on the weak flank... (yeah likely not... but feelz says it's true lol!)  When you see another BB spawn on your flank and then immediately sail to the other flank you may as well follow and farm some damage if you get lucky...

Most of these battles occurred over Friday night and Yesterday.. some interesting takeaways too...

image.png.82ba3a48d43b465c0e4c30fd3c0feb3a.png

Izmail is a keeper for sure... finally unlocked Sinop late last night.

Members
424 posts
24,060 battles

congrats on reaching the 10k games played milestone ...know that you probably have become content with your style of play when you were doing ok... but the game has changed , new players show up ,sync problems ,nerfed ships that players have to back off playing full steam ahead,ect ect.

the only stats you should consider is the after the game stats..look to see if your ricochet shots are more than you should be having ...

if they are then adjust your flat line on the crosshair to run parallel to the ship your shooting at..remember if you have guns where 1 turret sits higher than the other turret this will cause problems also .

if you getting deleted early back off ..if your always the last ship and your full health then be more aggressive 

i am only speaking about the tier x bbs i play ...

i only lose because my team mates are a bunch of potatoes 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[INTEL]
Members
1,775 posts
15,721 battles

5 hours ago, clammboy said:

My stats last 30 days 

130 battles 

34% win rate 

PR 500 

Ave Damage 40,200 

Kill ratio 7.7

survival 30%

experience 1340 

average tier 7.8 

Start with what you're doing right. You recognize a problem with your play and you're looking to improve. Without that, you'll never get better.

You have 8246 random battles, 8048 of those in battleships. You have most of your battles at T7 and 8, a large number of those battles being in premiums. I suspect you went all in to play the highest tier you could buy into, then found yourself facing T9 and 10 opponents. With no developed skills you rapidly learned how fast you became food. Thats not uncommon. The real problem is, you didn't recognize the need to drop back to low tier and learn the skills to be effective.

Return to T4/5. Since you're a BB main, get in a slow pig and learn to read the mini-map. Learn to position where your guns are in play but you're not in a constant crossfire. Learn to disengage when you need to recover health. Learn target selection. Eventually you'll experience the satisfaction of playing Texas in a T7 match, surviving, with a Kraken, High Caliber, and topping the exp screen.

• Cool 1

Members
424 posts
24,060 battles

if your a bb then you need to know this

if you cause more damage then your ship is worth then you are useful if you cause less damage then your ship is worth then you are useless...dont be useless and dont worry about the average damage you cause ...concentrate on 1 game at a time ..

but sometimes you have to push just to get a cap open and you might get deleted early but win the game because of your actions and you can take comfort in knowing that you caused the win even though your damage caused wasnt good

and if you move to a new bb then you will have to adjust everything to some degree but its more about the damage you  caused to know if its you or your potato team mates 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Post the team results, from the battle summery... Trust me, if you want opinions, now is the time to harvest them...

How do I post a replay  . I go into the file select the game then what do I do . Sorry Naval not good with computers.

[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

How do I post a replay  . I go into the file select the game then what do I do . Sorry Naval not good with computers.

No worries, someone will come along to help about replays... I only require a print screen of the team battle results...

Usually, the final results of the carnage is enough to form an opinion...

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
1,416 battles
2 hours ago, Sidelock said:

One shouldn't be abandoned by teammates. Yes, if only 1 person pushes then he will be made into mincemeat rather quickly. But you also have to remember, no one can win a defensive war. Teams should push together hence being a team.