You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

Someone Please Tell Me...

11 comments in this topic

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
8,505 battles

What I could have done differently to win? 

shot-20.04.25_21.53.29-0478.jpg

shot-20.04.25_21.53.36-0385.jpg

• Boring 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles

judging by your medals you spammed h.e all game which made no impactful damage to the enemy. British bb arent really carry ships aside from maybe thunderer, just too squishy to tank through and make a hard carry.

Members
1,660 posts
6 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

1.  Dodged torps better.

2.  Chosen a different ship.

3.  Been in the Red Fleet.

4.  Sank more ships.

5.  Nice match for you though.   Well played!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,665 posts
10 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Hard to tell from just post-battle screens -- post a replay.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,735 battles

Need to see a replay to know for sure, but.

Looking at your team, 4 of your team would have placed on the winning team above the guy that obviously died early. Actually not a bad sign.

The other team had 2 cruisers and 2 battleships that had a field day wrecking your team, and much of the red team did somewhat better than average.

From what little I can tell from your own stats, missing the all important screen showing the details of what your ship did, it looks like you spent the whole match spamming HE. It might result in nice damage numbers over the length of the match, but it will not remove guns from the other fleet quickly. Your fires and HE spam was killing the other ships after they had wrecked your fleet. Those Izumo's did a lot of damage even if someone else got the kills judging by their scores. You''re gonna want to hit the cruisers with AP when given the chance in order to wreck them, and if an Izumo gave you broadside, you needed to punish that with AP, as they can't heal Citadel damage like that can Fire damage.

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,078 battles

Yup. Too much HE spam. Rule of thumb: 179K HE damage is worth a little over 100K AP damage. You'd be better off using HE situationally and AP most of the time. All my 200K games in UK BBs were majority-AP games and they were mostly wins.

HE gets damage. AP wins games. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts
5,000 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

judging by your medals you spammed h.e all game which made no impactful damage to the enemy. British bb arent really carry ships aside from maybe thunderer, just too squishy to tank through and make a hard carry.

Warspite and Hood, particularly Hood, are quite tanky.  Hood's difficulty in carrying is due to lackluster offense.  Warspite can carry quite nicely.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Warspite and Hood, particularly Hood, are quite tanky.  Hood's difficulty in carrying is due to lackluster offense.  Warspite can carry quite nicely.

true i forgot the god tier warspite, glorious ship.