You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ossiuum

Can we get a clan battles ruleset that doesn't effectively remove two whole classes?

47 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,686 battles

Can we get a clan battles ruleset that allows a battleship to be brought in addition to a CV at the very least? Along with DD play being at an all time low (yes, I know people still play them, we do too), I know I don't need to go any further into the meta this season and how focused it is on very few ships.

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
10 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

Can we get a clan battles ruleset that allows a battleship to be brought in addition to a CV at the very least? Along with DD play being at an all time low (yes, I know people still play them, we do too), I know I don't need to go any further into the meta this season and how focused it is on very few ships.

having a bb and cv are lame, true cland work with what they got an work wiht it, we made the struggle to storm for the second time with kremlin and stalins, and few other ships.

• Boring 4

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

cv encourages new strategies and fun gameplay - some guy on the forums who has never played clan battles.

meanwhile current meta is long range sniping with venice,stalin or goliath while cv clicks on you. Most dull and boring season yet.

image.jpeg.4727b5e4fd61fd813ba9db74ed5e6498.jpeg

here is an idea from a yung competitive god.

no cv please they are dreadfully unfun.

limit of 2 DD and 1 BB

7v7 because 8v8 is just too many gamers restricting clans to 1 team towards the end of the season as numbers dwindle creating longer queue times.

Put this next season and watch the variety and actually fun gameplay.

Also no shards map please.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 2

[NKOTD]
Members
1,041 posts
9,721 battles
29 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

Can we get a clan battles ruleset that allows a battleship to be brought in addition to a CV at the very least? 

Nope.

Apparently having CV's is more important than having BBs and DDs.

In last 10 CB battles 2 of them had 2 DDs.  Both were dispatched quickly.  

Our win rate over BB teams is 70% or more. 

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
19 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

having a bb and cv are lame, true cland work with what they got an work wiht it, we made the struggle to storm for the second time with kremlin and stalins, and few other ships.

But it basically dq's a large section of the player base from the mode. And if it doesn't creates tension over which BB player should be in the game, tension that's only there because of the rules. 

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I kinda like the either/or proposition of this season as it’s nice to change things up a little and obviously WG has their sweet little hearts set on Tier Ten CB gameplay.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,266 posts
25,117 battles
11 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I kinda like the either/or proposition of this season as it’s nice to change things up a little and obviously WG has their sweet little hearts set on Tier Ten CB gameplay.

Perhaps because of obsessive delusions that every game must revolve around tier 10 and only tier 10?

• Cool 5

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,549 battles

i want to have no limit on CV so it can be 7 vs 7 CV

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Perhaps because of obsessive delusions that every game must revolve around tier 10 and only tier 10?

tier 10 is the best tier for clan battles, it has the best variety of balanced ships.

tier 7- sinop, belfast, z39

tier 8- lenin , le terrible, radar edin/atago other tier 8 cruisers are too weak

tier 9- georgia? musashi , donskoi/buffalo , kitakaze/jutland/mogador

tier 10 is by far the best tier for clan battles.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,266 posts
25,117 battles
On 4/26/2020 at 12:58 AM, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

tier 10 is the best tier for clan battles, it has the best variety of balanced ships.

tier 8- lenin , le terrible, radar edin/atago other tier 8 cruisers are too weak

tier 9- georgia? , donskoi/buffalo , kitakaze/jutland/mogador

As a geezer Jedi once said; 'Many of the truths we believe in depend upon our point of view.'

The truth I believe in? Tier 10 is boring as hell.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,339 posts
12,347 battles

How about leaving as is now but introducing fog of war like what WOT had and you have no idea who is in game with what ship until they get spotted? I know with a CV they can spot all fairly quick but might make it interesting.

• Cool 2

Members
443 posts
451 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

tier 9- georgia? , donskoi/buffalo , kitakaze/jutland/mogador

That’s an opinion. Another is that every tier has it’s pros and cons, but changing up the ships and maps every now and again may offer additional value to what some may regard as an otherwise repetitive experience. I’m not saying it’s sliced bread, but neither is it necessarily a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
10 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

That’s an opinion. Another is that every tier has it’s pros and cons, but changing up the ships and maps every now and again may offer additional value to what some may regard as an otherwise repetitive experience. I’m not saying it’s sliced bread, but neither is it necessarily a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

thats not an opinion those were the meta ships from previous experiences with clan battles/ranked and tier 10 has the biggest variety as far as previous clan battles/ranked.

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles

Nope. WG is desperately going to ram CVs down your throat in every game mode. Spreadsheet says they are fun! fun! fun! 

• Cool 6

[NADO]
Beta Testers
65 posts
7,509 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Right, like how I'm having "Venezia" Syndrome this season.

Something something 4 Venezia + 2 Stalingrad, 5 Venezia 1 Halland, 4 Venezia 1 DM 1 Mino....

You get the idea.

It's less prevalent here on NA as teams are a bit more creative, but I played a few games in ASIA this season and holy mother cow it's absolute cancer.

Every [edited]team is running 3+ Venezia.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
776 posts
6,293 battles
5 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

So your saying most other tiers are NOT balanced well?  Maybe that is something tat should be addressed! 

• Cool 1

[RBMK]
Members
213 posts
14,080 battles
34 minutes ago, Xiang0428 said:

Right, like how I'm having "Venezia" Syndrome this season.

Something something 4 Venezia + 2 Stalingrad, 5 Venezia 1 Halland, 4 Venezia 1 DM 1 Mino....

You get the idea.

It's less prevalent here on NA as teams are a bit more creative, but I played a few games in ASIA this season and holy mother cow it's absolute cancer.

Every [edited]team is running 3+ Venezia.

Thats what happens when WG makes us take a CV.

Where are all the spastics who said "CV's make for more diverse gameplay" now?

Octavian even showed me the three top teams (at the time) on NA's line up when I questioned him about it,  and fully half the ships were Stalins, he thought that was fine.

WG havent learnt a thing from KOTS, when the best of the best dont want CV's in their tournaments, what does that tell you?

Members
2,137 posts
13,174 battles
8 hours ago, Ossiuum said:

an we get a clan battles ruleset that allows a battleship to be brought in addition to a CV at the very least?

No.

Members
2,137 posts
13,174 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead77 said:

when the best of the best dont want CV's in their tournaments, what does that tell you?

...it tells the user base plenty... not so sure anyone else actually listens... 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts

Everyone that argues this game is even close to balanced, when WG has to limit ships of certain types in a competitive format, needs to find a new line to draw in the sand.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,573 posts
15,629 battles
10 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

not arguing, but have seen a trend of 

Hakuryu, Stalingrad, Moskva, Puerto Rico, Venencia, Smaland/Halland  this season.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
4 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

not so sure anyone else actually listens... 

At least no one in WGs main office

6 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

Octavian even showed me the three top teams (at the time) on NA's line up when I questioned him about it,  and fully half the ships were Stalins, he thought that was fine.

He would , russian ya know.

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles

Competitive teams and WG should try breaking bread together sometime. It gets confusing whether WG wants competition or stompetition sometimes.

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
9 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

So your saying most other tiers are NOT balanced well?  Maybe that is something tat should be addressed! 

alot of people keep suggesting other tiers for clan battles as tier 10 isnt balanced well but havent looked at other tiers and seen how bad they actually are, so many very bad ships combined with 1 or 2 very strong ships.

I dont think it will be addressed i feel like the 7,8,9 bracket is where wargaming make their most money so nerfing these ships which alot are premiums would just equate to alot of backlash from the portion of the community that spend the most while not being competitive players. Its an easy choice for any business really, the competitive players arent paying the bills.