You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vulcheck

USS San Francisco CA-38 (Ship Request)

12 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
9,996 battles

I've been playing this game for the last couple of years and have over 6,000 games in (nothing compared to quite a few others I know!) and just the other day I had the first conversation with my biological father ever in my life, which was spectacular (!!!) and he told me about how his Father had served on the USS San Francisco heavy cruiser. I know it's a New Orleans class cruiser and that's already in the game but I still want to make a request that "Frisco" be added to the tech tree! Whatever the cost in doubloons I'd totally buy it, would love it if you could add it to the game. Thank You

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_San_Francisco_(CA-38)

Edited by Vulcheck
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,713 battles
13 minutes ago, Vulcheck said:

I've been playing this game for the last couple of years and have over 6,000 games in (nothing compared to quite a few others I know!) and just the other day I had the first conversation with my biological father ever in my life, which was spectacular (!!!) and he told me about how his Father had served on the USS San Francisco heavy cruiser. I know it's a New Orleans class cruiser and that's already in the game but I still want to make a request that "Frisco" be added to the tech tree! Whatever the cost in doubloons I'd totally buy it, would love it if you could add it to the game. Thank You

With 12 km radar.

2 x 4 8 km torps.

900 fps ap with a 19.1 km range.

Reload 6.5 sec on mains.

AA rating of 97.

This would be great.

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
9,996 battles

Whoa I had no idea it had torps, I just literally found out about the news yesterday so I definitely have a lot of learning to do here. Thank You!

[RLGN]
Members
14,307 posts
25,245 battles

Special ability...

...allied ships show up as Red, instead of Green, on the minimap...

...or maybe just Atlanta.

• Funny 1

Members
8 posts
9,996 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Special ability...

...allied ships show up as Red, instead of Green, on the minimap...

...or maybe just Atlanta

I saw about that when I was reading, I won't be forgetting that one dangit  : / 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,114 posts
19,208 battles
45 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

With 12 km radar. (Except this class of ship at tier 7 doesn't have radar)

2 x 4 8 km torps. (Except that USN Cruisers don't have torps, other than Phoenix and Omaha class.)

900 fps ap with a 19.1 km range. (Except that New Orleans, her sister ship, has a 14.7 km base firing range.)

Reload 6.5 sec on mains. (Except that New Orleans, her sister ship, has a 13 second reload speed.)

AA rating of 97. (Except that NO ship has a base AA rating of 97.)

This would be great. (Except that you are delusional.)

@dEsTurbed1, it would be easier to just build a totally new CA than it would be to make a New Orleans class CA have these stats. 

50 minutes ago, Vulcheck said:

Whoa I had no idea it had torps, I just literally found out about the news yesterday so I definitely have a lot of learning to do here. Thank You!

News Flash; it DOESN'T!!

27 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Special ability...

it flies! NO, IT DOESN'T!!

• Cool 2

Members
8 posts
9,996 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

@dEsTurbed1, it would be easier to just build a totally new CA than it would be to make a New Orleans class CA have these stats. 

News Flash; it DOESN'T!!

it flies! NO, IT DOESN'T!!

lol I couldn't find it having torps after a quick search either

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, Umikami said:

(Except that USN Cruisers don't have torps, other than Phoenix and Omaha class.)

Ehm... I think you should double check on that one. Putting aside the Atlanta class both the Pensacola and the Northampton class were completed with torpedo launchers on board. Like here on USS Houston, you can identify the torpedo launcher around the second funnel:

7518EA00-4FBD-43C6-9FB1-F384D87F7E83.thumb.jpeg.b7d41ce6bb04c0ac1dc709cb44a6426c.jpeg

Now with the Portland class that was dropped, and thus San Francisco never carried torpedo launchers. But don‘t make the mistake of thinking that the US did not deploy torpedo weaponry on their early CAs.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,114 posts
19,208 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Now with the Portland class that was dropped, and thus San Francisco never carried torpedo launchers. But don‘t make the mistake of thinking that the US did not deploy torpedo weaponry on their early CAs.

Atlanta isn't a CA, she's a CL, (actually, so are both Phoenix, which I believe is also a paper ship, and Omaha, which is NOT a paper ship), and Pensacola doesn't have them in game, though honestly I didn't know she ever had them so that's sort of a surprise. Northampton isn't in the game so I would never have checked on her. It's funny the USN would put torps on BBs and not cruisers.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Atlanta isn't a CA, she's a CL, (actually, so are both Phoenix, which I believe is also a paper ship, and Omaha, which is NOT a paper ship)

Since you were talking about, I quote, "USN Cruisers", Atlanta is a valid ship to name.

15 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It's funny the USN would put torps on BBs and not cruisers.

Ehm.... you might want to double check that one as well. The heavy cruisers lost their torpedoes in 1930-1931. The USN did not build any BBs since then that would carry torpedoes, and the only torpedo tubes on battleships would be quite literally left overs from the old days, that would eventually get removed as well. Just like the Omahas, though a good number of them would keep their torpedoes until the end of the war. The North Carolinas, South Dakotas and Iowas were torpedo-free battleships from the ground up.

Supertester, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
11,426 posts
1,963 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Phoenix, which I believe is also a paper ship

It's one of the design studies that eventually led to Omaha, yeah.   

Might be a mash up of two (it was once, haven't looked recently). 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,640 posts
5,000 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, Vulcheck said:

I also would like San Francisco added.  My thought is to tweak her range or rate of fire or both to be lower than New Orleans, give her a heal and her armor scheme, which was a little thicker than the other New Orleans class ships.