You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

" It's Over "

17 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,060 posts

This is what you hear in this game far too often. ( 4 times already tonight, 2 of the four we pulled it out )    I guess this is the never heard of a comeback generation?  We were 2 ships down but doing well.  4 ships ran away to hide.. left me alone in a Cap while capping against 4 ships.  I asked why did you bail?  They said " It's Over!" 

Just watch closer now. that's what you will see. as soon as 2 ships down no matter how early in the game THAT's when they give up.

NOTHING feels better than a COMEBACK!

FIGHT TO THE END!

I guess they will never know the glory and satisfaction.

image.png

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
41 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

This is what you hear in this game far too often. ( 4 times already tonight, 2 of the four we pulled it out )    I guess this is the never heard of a comeback generation?  We were 2 ships down but doing well.  4 ships ran away to hide.. left me alone in a Cap while capping against 4 ships.  I asked why did you bail?  They said " It's Over!" 

Just watch closer now. that's what you will see. as soon as 2 ships down no matter how early in the game THAT's when they give up.

NOTHING feels better than a COMEBACK!

FIGHT TO THE END!

I guess they will never know the glory and satisfaction.

image.png

This, never give up! A real world example of not giving up and giving up, The Action off Samar where the American's started with several CV's & BB's AFK because Halsey fell for an empty task force of CV's leaving the Taffy's to the wolves. Yeah the old BB's that had destroyed the Southern Force in a classic crossing of the T were charging north, as fast as standard US BB's can charge, but they would not be able to get there in time to save Taffy 3. Taffy 3 with help from the other Taffy's put up a fight that could not have been expected from such an out numbered force would be expected to mount.

• Cool 4

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,035 posts
11,620 battles

And that mentality is why I say Winrate by itself is a poor judging metric, and don't care much about stats anyway. Because teams that don't just fold in 5 minutes as is have people that run off like it's going to save them silver like the old days, or who from match start stay out of the fight and make 11 or less ships (depending how many do it, AFK's, etc) fight the other 12 to better their odds at a solo warrior, or all pull back to a point my bloody CV is spotted and shot to hell - and then complain that my floating brick has been destroyed because I was at H/I 5 and the entire team pulled back to G/H 4 and 6, and other such stupidity that I have to try and carry, and frankly get tired of doing so. 

Between Wargaming, that decided after some small progress to take 2 steps back the last patch or two, and the last rounds of dealing with that - been super easy to not play this game being ticked off with other players and the Dev's. Only testing Submarines because with issues that would make the virus worse my family basically locked me down sometime in February and it's something different to do. And I'd like them to not screw these up with overly gimmicked stupidity and some semblance of history but suffice to say my hopes of that are pretty low right now. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
13 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

And that mentality is why I say Winrate by itself is a poor judging metric, and don't care much about stats anyway

Finally, someone who speaks English! People have good and bad days, but who cares. The spreadsheet's effectiveness is dubious because of the fact that WG doesn't pay attention to who's actually behind the wheel of a specific "over-performing" ship, and they only care that the ship is "over-performing" ( YY is a good example of that )

:SerB:

Members
469 posts
4,399 battles

the real question is why people run away in a sure defeat situation, you are going to loose anyway so why run away and extend the match for another 5 minutes? 

• Cool 3

Members
1,434 posts
17,132 battles
47 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

the real question is why people run away in a sure defeat situation, you are going to loose anyway so why run away and extend the match for another 5 minutes? 

Not to mention all the damage they could be farming off the red ships before the end. Even a losing game can be profitable if you at least put up a fight.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles

Someone has to take initiative. Someone has to rally their allies. Otherwise if the team hesitates, then they are likely to lose. I'm a CV player, I can do everything in my power to help my team but if that team hesitates, then whatever I do is near useless because my team won't make any gains against the enemy team. This battle is an might be an example of that. If my team keeps hesitating, then I will attempt to rally them in anyway possible whether I am sunk or not in the process because at that point the battle has already been lost.

Support supports support in supporting support. If one support does not support support, then they are left solo to die. If you want my CV support, ask for it and I will let you know if I can or not. Otherwise never expect it because I am supporting a different support.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

Treat yourself to some magic...… Turn Up the jams...… Me singing in most of my games. Youngins…. the good stuff....

[NSEW]
Members
1,868 posts
10,724 battles
16 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

image.png

The girls expression perfectly exemplified mine.  When it comes to anything related to Matchmaking threads.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,068 posts
5,943 battles

My favorite part of the game is when the chips are down and I'm at 20% health and someone needs to die and caps need to be taken or defended.   At that point, any of the DDs still alive, you can count on.  Most of the CAs too except for the some of the Zao long range sniper type.  And even some of those will help you get the job done.

With BBs it's hit and miss.  If they are full health, you should probably be wary.  If they are a smoking heap of ruin just barely staying afloat, that's the one you can definitely count on.

But.  It's never over.  Oh my gosh no.  And you can always just kill everything.  That's always an option.

The late game is where you can go full aggression mode and not have to worry too much about being clever.  Because, you can't take your HPs with you.  Better to leave them there in the game world.  All you need is 1hp really.

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles
4 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

Because the last loser to die wins.

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,433 battles

A lot of players go full Hicks. You should never go full Hicks.

Members
424 posts
24,042 battles

what tier are you talking about ? what makes you think its the pros who are asking for spotting ? and who do you consider being pros ? 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,068 posts
5,943 battles

So, here's an interesting come back story with some extra spicy chat to go with it.

I don't know if anyone went full "game over" on our side.  But it started off bad and sort of went pear shaped from there.  But, myself, a complete champion king of the sea Conquerer and a tenacious little kitikaze pretty much carried that entire team over the finish line whether they wanted to be carried or not.

Cuz sometimes that's what it takes.....

https://replayswows.com/replay/87898#stats

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,249 battles
8 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

No, the REAL question is why folks run away when they have superior numbers and firepower.

I can fathom running to farm damage while kiting, even though I don't hold with it myself. But lately I have noticed groups of 4 and 5 ships running away from groups of 2 and 3 ships. 

This hurts my brain, I just can't figure it.

One match, we had an Ohio, a Thunderer and a Monty, plus a Zao and a Halland. They were running away from 2 BBs, a tier 9 cruiser, and a DD. They were crossing the map, and headed for the back edge. None of them were on low health.

Think about how long you need to play for, to get an Ohio. It is supposedly a brawling super ship. But it was running away like the rest, in fact I think it may have been the first to turn and flee.

I am pretty sure that a fair percentage of players truly believe that it is exciting to be a spectator, and to survive for as long as possible. I don't mean that is a nasty way. I mean, these people enjoy it. They enjoy being chased around, a dodging incoming fire. It's a thrill for them, to play cat and mouse, always being the mouse.

We have all seen the guy in the cruiser who backs up at spawn, and the DD who never once fires his guns. 

It's a funny old game.