DavyJonesLocker

General rant about being purple, chat ban with memes

28 comments in this topic

Members
42 posts
1,359 battles

BEFORE YOU READ MEMES:

This is a rant filled with anger so do not take any of this to heart. This is also supposed to be a comedy rant, to where you should laugh at my angryness and not get butt hurt. also sorry for grammar errors, idc im out of school, sue me, :)  also it has come t my attention that its not purple, its pink. so for all of the other color blind people just read it as purple. thank you

I have two separate rants that i would like to give. First one is on chat bans and the next is on being purple

Why is it that you cant give criticism in game to the horrible teammates without getting a chat ban? 

i got chat banned for 4 days for doing that. I was playing late at night with some very nooby players. They went a cussin, so i went a cussin back trying to explain why you shouldn't show your broadside to the enemy bbs. 

3y55qv.jpg.3c12f5d46b3b72025d72423b4214808d.jpg

ME> huanghe, fired torps at a completely stopped french BB 5 miles away

*many seconds later

Friendly DD> decides to go torp same french bb but is way far away behind islands and going in the diretion to where he could see my fired torps

ME> *in chat* "hey "dd" watch out for my torps that are going to the *french BB name*"

friendly DD> oblivious or just trying to get people banned, torps the BB at point blank range, and runs into one of my torps and dies

ME> boom your now purple

HE HAD PLENTY of time to get out of the way, my torps wernt even on the frenchy yet. yet i got the blame for it. he claimed he was typing in chat, but even if ur typing u could easily get out of it and would have heard the torp alarm and see the torp indicator. plus you could see in the replay that he could have easily went thru the medium spread. just a greedy dd who wanted the kill before me......

AND YES, its VERY possible for the dds can out maneuver friendly torpedos at a distance, its not like they are anything different or way faster than enemy torps......

3y55z4.jpg.dd10c7ec9d491f029d62ad10a83826a1.jpg

download.jpg.9a2e7a4c31e60d0c26dfe12628185bdf.jpg

2104557102_download(1).thumb.jpg.b6aa4d4179b3b229f8d273b2e8266b2f.jpg

3y565l.jpg.c20aef73bb0f310bca8753d0e246bb26.jpg

Edited by DavyJonesLocker
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,175 battles

Your torps = your fault

I don't have one eye on the chat when playing so it is very possible that he never saw what you wrote.

Never fire torps if there is ANY chance that you can hit a teammate.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

All that hard work and you got the color wrong.

It's not PURPLE it's

PINK

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
42 posts
1,359 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

All that hard work and you got the color wrong.

It's not PURPLE it's

PINK

lol sorry i be color blind with most colors

Members
42 posts
1,359 battles
2 hours ago, epojokke said:

Your torps = your fault

I don't have one eye on the chat when playing so it is very possible that he never saw what you wrote.

Never fire torps if there is ANY chance that you can hit a teammate.

i fired them because nobody was even near him at the time........

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,175 battles
7 minutes ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

i fired them because nobody was even near him at the time........

Still your fault. Get over it, it has happened to all of us.

I once had a DD perform a u-turn and get hit by my torps. When I fired them, he was going left from my point of view and the red cruiser was going right. Everything was perfectly safe when I put my fish in the water, but that soon changed because of the u-turn. Still my fault and I learned from it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts

The entire in-game report system is broken because the only option that actually has a consequence of some sort is 'Misbehavior in chat' and as such it's likely the only option most people use.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,135 posts
19,960 battles
35 minutes ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

BEFORE YOU READ MEMES:

This is a rant filled with anger so do not take any of this to heart. This is also supposed to be a comedy rant, to where you should laugh at my angryness and not get butt hurt. also sorry for grammar errors, idc im out of school, sue me, :)  also it has come t my attention that its not purple, its pink. so for all of the other color blind people just read it as purple. thank you

I have two separate rants that i would like to give. First one is on chat bans and the next is on being purple

Why is it that you cant give criticism in game to the horrible teammates without getting a chat ban? 

i got chat banned for 4 days for doing that. I was playing late at night with some very nooby players. They went a cussin, so i went a cussin back trying to explain why you shouldn't show your broadside to the enemy bbs. 

3y55qv.jpg.3c12f5d46b3b72025d72423b4214808d.jpg

ME> huanghe, fired torps at a completely stopped french BB 5 miles away

*many seconds later

Friendly DD> decides to go torp same french bb but is way far away behind islands and going in the diretion to where he could see my fired torps

ME> *in chat* "hey "dd" watch out for my torps that are going to the *french BB name*"

friendly DD> oblivious or just trying to get people banned, torps the BB at point blank range, and runs into one of my torps and dies

ME> boom your now purple

HE HAD PLENTY of time to get out of the way, my torps wernt even on the frenchy yet. yet i got the blame for it. he claimed he was typing in chat, but even if ur typing u could easily get out of it and would have heard the torp alarm and see the torp indicator. plus you could see in the replay that he could have easily went thru the medium spread. just a greedy dd who wanted the kill before me......

AND YES, its VERY possible for the dds can out maneuver friendly torpedos at a distance, its not like they are anything different or way faster than enemy torps......

3y55z4.jpg.dd10c7ec9d491f029d62ad10a83826a1.jpg

download.jpg.9a2e7a4c31e60d0c26dfe12628185bdf.jpg

2104557102_download(1).thumb.jpg.b6aa4d4179b3b229f8d273b2e8266b2f.jpg

3y565l.jpg.c20aef73bb0f310bca8753d0e246bb26.jpg

never torp behind firendlies.

• Boring 2

Members
42 posts
1,359 battles
13 minutes ago, epojokke said:

Still your fault. Get over it, it has happened to all of us.

I once had a DD perform a u-turn and get hit by my torps. When I fired them, he was going left from my point of view and the red cruiser was going right. Everything was perfectly safe when I put my fish in the water, but that soon changed because of the u-turn. Still my fault and I learned from it.

yeah no......we have different view points on this then. I dont believe that it is my fault due to the fact that just like in real life, we all have to pay attention to our surroundings while we drive (or in this case steer a ship) a vehicle on the street to make sure no one or no thing is about to hit us or cause a problem.........

but i respect your reasoning too

Edited by DavyJonesLocker
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
4,287 posts
6,522 battles

It's not worth caring about. People are going to be dumb and get in front of your torps, just like people are going to be dumb and torp the side of your cruiser while the enemy is 15km away. Try not to be the person in front of the torps or the person behind them, but don't let that stop you from making the plays needed to win the game.

• Cool 2

Members
42 posts
1,359 battles
7 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

It's not worth caring about. People are going to be dumb and get in front of your torps, just like people are going to be dumb and torp the side of your cruiser while the enemy is 15km away. Try not to be the person in front of the torps or the person behind them, but don't let that stop you from making the plays needed to win the game.

Agreed, Thank you for having a peaceful comment

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,776 battles

In some situations hitting friendlies with torpedoes is your fault. However, sometimes it's their fault. I think it speaks to map awareness or lack off. If you're between a BB and a DD it takes about 2 seconds to look at the map and check to see if hes shot torpedoes with the Left Mouse Button. 

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
973 posts
8,175 battles
31 minutes ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

yeah no......we have different view points on this then. I dont believe that it is my fault due to the fact that just like in real life, we all have to pay attention to our surroundings while we drive (or in this case steer a ship) a vehicle on the street to make sure no one or no thing is about to hit us or cause a problem.........

but i respect your reasoning too

In a perfect world you would be correct.

However, I don't want to have to worry about torps being fired from behind, my sides or anywhere else really so that I have to slow down, turn or something to avoid them. I tend to have enough to worry about without friendly torps.

People will only run into your torps if you give them the option.

[V_V_V]
Members
678 posts
14,754 battles
34 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I got a 9 day chat ban for saying moron and STFU in chat. It's asinine.

No, you got it for something more than that-try multiple offenses reviewed by a judge...

• Confused 1

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,765 battles
8 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

No, you got it for something more than that-try multiple offenses reviewed by a judge...

Try no you're wrong they sent me the chat record and that's the only thing that was on it.

[V_V_V]
Members
678 posts
14,754 battles
5 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

Try no you're wrong they sent me the chat record and that's the only thing that was on it.

If that is indeed the case, count yourself fortunate. They do review and treat EULA violations seriously, including insults/profanity.  Their game, their rules.  Swim with tiger sharks at your peril.

• Boring 1

[V_V_V]
Members
678 posts
14,754 battles
30 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Can you hear the sound of one hand clapping?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles

The best way to warn a ship is to use the get back quick command as it gets their attention.

As a DD main, I seldom watch chat when I am lining up an attack run.

And I NEVER expect torps from behind me.

• Cool 1