You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

What is the definition of a blowout?

14 comments in this topic

[USMC-]
Members
290 posts
8,087 battles

It seems this term is subjective but you hear it used all the time. What ratio of ships lost, point totals, or timing of base capture qualifies?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

To me it is a very quick, ten minutes or less, win with one side losing ships quickly early on and never getting back on their feet.

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

When the snow ball affect is so intense... The fleet affected cannot mount a comeback or decent response with the assets played.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

Every cap is given away at the start.  The DD charge and die and do not gethere there's.  

Just had one were the thunder charged, then the GK then a crusier. It took another 10 min to finish but it was over in the first 6.

Blow out are not fun on either side.  It sucks to nit have a chance btlut you can rack up the damage.  But winning side its not a challange or fun and its sub 50 k damage.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i always considered something like a 12:0 or 12:3  loss a blowout...  if it happens in less than 10 minutes then its a steamroll to boot...

• Cool 1

[KOHAI]
Members
84 posts
3,100 battles

I would say anything less than 4 ships lost on the winning team is a blowout. That or any game that ends on a mercy rule as well.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Any match where one team quickly sinks the other team with little to no losses of their own. In other words the majority of high tier matches.

• Cool 1

Members
969 posts
4,025 battles

Play anything tier 8+ and you will learn REAL fast about stomps/blow outs. There's so many at that level right now the game play quality is pure crap.

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

Game lost by team going down to 0 points.

One team fails to cap at all.

Only losing a handful of ships while the other team gets completely sunk.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

IMO, battles that end around 10 min or less, with one team completely dominating the other, usually getting most/all caps, and with the majority of the ships surviving while destroying most ships on the enemy team. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,639 posts
4,999 battles

My personal definition is 4 ships sunk on one side and 12 ships sunk on the otherside.  Due to how the snowball works I can't really consider a 5 to 12 match a blowout.

There a caveat to that though, if the enemy has victory locked up and is looking at something like 2 to 10 and those last 2 ships manage to sink a bunch of the enemy in garbage time, where the outcome cannot be changed, then I can see it still being called a blowout.

The other situation, one I have only witnessed once, is when you have 10 ships on one side and 2 on the other and those 2 manage to pull a win out of it.  It was technically a blowout, but the dominating team effed up and the remaining DD capped their base while the remaining BB acted as a blocker to buy the DD the time it needed.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,112 posts
19,206 battles
5 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

What ratio of ships lost, point totals, or timing of base capture qualifies?

When, after two minutes of the game have gone by, you look around and it's you ..... and you ..... against 15 reds. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,639 posts
4,999 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

When, after two minutes of the game have gone by, you look around and it's you ..... and you ..... against 15 reds. 

Now now now.  I know a lot of players are poor in skill, but counting your last three teammates as reds is kinda harsh....  :Smile-_tongue:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,112 posts
19,206 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

Now now now.  I know a lot of players are poor in skill, but counting your last three teammates as reds is kinda harsh....  :Smile-_tongue:

Would those be the guys who torp from behind me? Or the guys who shoot at the red ship I'm right next to trying to torp myself. Or maybe I'm only counting them as red because they're dark pink. 

Nah, must be my bad; I knew I should have stayed in school all those afternoons I went to the park and smoked those roll yer owns.!