You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Different servers/ Different play styles?

14 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,175 battles

Been playing on the PTS t10 random. Seems most of my team mates are from different regions, I think a lot of Russians from what I see in chat. Seems they don't like to cap, are much more aggressive and Yolo a lot into an early death more than what I see on NA server. 

Never seen so many Kremlin's die so early on. Was wondering how other servers (Asia/Europe etc) play style differs from NA?

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

PTS is a test environment server... It is no way a representative of how a server region plays..

PTS server is not suppose to be a competitive, HOWEVER, players bring their salt into PTS... You just have to remind them to take their back to their server region..

PTS should be the upmost place to try the mechanics, test the ships and look/report for bugs... How people play, should be the last priority in PTS settings.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles

Like @Navalpride33 said, PTS is not representative of normal server gameplay. That said, there are definite differences in meta between the servers. NA likes to camp and snipe, RU is much more aggressive.

[RLGN]
Members
14,248 posts
25,088 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Like @Navalpride33 said, PTS is not representative of normal server gameplay. That said, there are definite differences in meta between the servers. NA likes to camp and snipe, RU is much more aggressive.

Then I’m too much the generalist.

I’m not going to yolo in just to try to Depth Charge or otherwise torpedo a sub, only to get blown away by all the bots populating the PT.

Probably why I’m so dissatisfied with subs so far, and consider them worthless and boring as hell, while so many other like them and do well.

If fifteen games played; no subs sunk, only two ships sunk, hits with torpedoes only four times.

Throwing myself in/throwing myself away, goes against my nature. No wonder subs seem another pointless, boring change to the game.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Throwing myself in/throwing myself away, goes against my nature; again, likely why I consider subs a worse joke than carriers.

is that how you think they are to be played?

[RLGN]
Members
14,248 posts
25,088 battles
19 minutes ago, SKurj said:

is that how you think they are to be played?

The implication of trying them out and looking for bugs would appear to imply that.

From what I’ve seen, that also appears to be what players have been doing.

Trying to be careful/cautious has gotten me nothing but dead. So whatever.

The biggest complaint I have about subs right now is the same one I have about carriers; if you just can’t wrap your head around 100% manual attacks, (underwater ping or blind attacks, since surfaced attacks use the normal torpedo guide,) then trying to use them is an exercise in pointless effort and frustration.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The implication of trying them out and looking for bugs would appear to imply that.

From what I’ve seen, that also appears to be what players have been doing.

Trying to be careful/ cautious has gotten me nothing but dead. So whatever.

The biggest complaint I have about subs right now is the same one I have about carriers; if you just can’t wrap your head around 100% manual attacks, (underwater ping or blind attacks, since surfaced attacks use the normal torpedo guide,) then trying to use them is an exercise in pointless effort and frustration.

i did the stealth thing and had some success, more sub kills than anything else though.  The chaos of PTS, with bots usually means alot of the surface ships get farmed by the dd's before you can get in there...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles
5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Does RU server prefer RU ships? or...?

They believe there's an anti Russian bias, favoring French, and to lesser extent USN ships.

• Funny 1

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

They believe there's an anti Russian bias, favoring French, and to lesser extent USN ships.

Well, they aren't exactly incorrect if you look at tech tree ships. No ones busting the bank to pick up Khaba or Moskva at this point.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles
Just now, Sou1forge said:

Well, they aren't exactly incorrect if you look at tech tree ships. No ones busting the bank to pick up Khaba or Moskva at this point.

Moskva, yes, since it'll become a coal bote. Khaba has been left behind in the dust in favor of Kleber, and the French battleship line is one of my favorites in the game. While there are undeniably stronk Russian ships and some overpowered ones too, I'd sooner believe in a USN bias than a Russian one myself. There are a lot of USN ships that are considered best in their class or near the top, they have some of the most fleshed out trees and many premiums considered very, very strong. Even the supposed stinkers in the USN line aren't that bad really.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles
11 hours ago, Lert said:

That's not what I've seen with various CC videos on YouTube.  I also remember players would try to disparage NA server for being campy while RU server was brawly.  I found no evidence of that being true.

I remember specifically Flamu having a bunch of games on RU server.  There was a video of him with his brand new RU server account, as well as subsequent videos every now and then where he's showcasing some ship, mechanics, game changes, whatever... It just so happened it would sometimes be on RU server.  He never made it a point he was playing there as far as different playstyles.  He was merely accepting an invitation by some RU server fans to come on over and play, and he did.  New account and everything.  The only ingame "tell" that he was playing on RU server was watching the chat window.  And after watching videos such as his, watching RU server people do the same things we do here on NA:

Campy

Pushing like an idiot at the wrong time

Kiting to save the ship

Giving up the caps to the enemy

It was all the same.

Edit:  When I was newer in 2015-2016, people used to say, "Brawly Russia Server is better" and I believed it.  That is until much later when I saw RU server games on YouTube and saw no difference.  The only difference was what you saw in game chat.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,204 posts
5,606 battles
10 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Been playing on the PTS t10 random. Seems most of my team mates are from different regions, I think a lot of Russians from what I see in chat. Seems they don't like to cap, are much more aggressive and Yolo a lot into an early death more than what I see on NA server. 

Never seen so many Kremlin's die so early on. Was wondering how other servers (Asia/Europe etc) play style differs from NA?

I remember reading a very interesting post about the difference in play styles. It seems that all servers are different... After, I don't believe any player is ready to grind tech trees in all servers... Only WG can answer... Oink Goltz!!! 

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles

Speaking of international, it is indeed so on PTS.  I was playing DD Gaede, I had RPF.  Often if I was on a ship with RPF, I'd say "RPF direction" or just "RPF" and ping on the map the direction the trait is telling me.  It lets my teammates know what's going on and what to expect.  I did that all the time in Randoms here on NA server and most people understood what I was doing.

But not on PTS with an international playerbase.  I think it was a Russian player that typed something in chat that I had no idea what it meant.  But it had question marks and I guess he didn't understand what I was trying to do.

4EpsBwi.jpg