You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

More AFK players...

32 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Twice today... players are AFK for most of the match and then join when the battle is more or less over...

Maybe they should pay my service fees and replace my flags and camo...   guess that's a side effect of the long games...

• Boring 4

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,378 battles

I DC'd today a few minutes into a match when my normally reliable ISP dropped service for a few minutes.  Does that make me an irresponsible player?  Not by a long shot.  Lighten up.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i said AFK, there is a difference and you can tell...

• Boring 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Twice today... players are AFK for most of the match and then join when the battle is more or less over...

Maybe they should pay my service fees and replace my flags and camo...   guess that's a side effect of the long games...

Have you not Noticed the high volume of players on? I am running

Download
74.00 Mbps
Upload
15.78 Mbps

On mine but get Disconnect more now than in the past, could it be More people on now than before hmmm. Maybe my wife being a teacher and occasionally being on slows things down a bit also.

Guess what, I have sat there more than once the last few weeks I can see the entire team moving but im still in load in screen. I actually had to disconnect after waiting a few minutes and then had to wait again... Chill man these are not normal times on the net.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

guys there is a HUGE difference between being disconnected and going for a #2 after clicking battle, and the game client reflects that.  You can see the difference, guns will not move if the player is disco'd.  the rear guns will point straight back for a disco, they will rotate fwd for AFK..  

AFK has never meant disconnected... i dunno why it seems to be a thing in this forum...    maybe the older crowd...  and if that is the case i apologize...  AFK = away from Keyboard...

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Some players are having a hard time with game starts, they are very lagged and some are very frustrated and not doing it on purpous. Some may do it i guess but id say a lot are just not loading till 1/2 way or more into match. They get stuck at the team lineup page while everyone else sees their ships sitting there, they are stuck till it loads. 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Some players are having a hard time with game starts, they are very lagged and some are very frustrated and not doing it on purpous. Some may do it i guess but id say a lot are just not loading till 1/2 way or more into match. They get stuck at the team lineup page while everyone else sees their ships sitting there, they are stuck till it loads. 

slow to load in is not the same as AFK either lol... that appears in game the same as disconnected.

must be the older customer base in here...

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

When the game dont load for some reason it shows like your there in the match just sitting, mean while you waiting at the team lineup page.  but whatever you think. Maybe its due to big volume of players right now.  OR maybe they are waiting till the hotshots get sunk or see where the battle is going then go to help or run.. whats the diffrence its on both teams.    Stay safe

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[WW2]
Members
354 posts
6,943 battles

I got disco'd in the middle of a torp run in a Dd last night. That one didn't go well.  Also lagged and couldn't turn in another  match which forced me into a torp run. That one was actually successful:)

Members
969 posts
4,025 battles

Had a tirpitz go to the far side of A on shards & stop/ Guns still pointed forward but he never moved. As in he was loaded in but went afk.

[GOBI]
Members
1,084 posts
4,251 battles

Watched a YouTube video of a random battle where around half the players on each side were either AFK or did not load into game properly. One ship got around 450k damage farming all the enemy ships still sitting at spawn.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
25 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

When the game dont load for some reason it shows like your there in the match just sitting, mean while you waiting at the team lineup page.  but whatever you think. Maybe its due to big volume of players right now.  OR maybe they are waiting till the hotshots get sunk or see where the battle is going then go to help or run.. whats the diffrence its on both teams.    Stay safe

no it doesn't and Happa confirmed it, when you do not load in your rear turrets point directly behind you.  Unfortunately its the only way to know if player is actually afk or didn't load in the game.

[WORX]
Members
10,766 posts
18,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Watched a YouTube video of a random battle where around half the players on each side were either AFK or did not load into game properly. One ship got around 450k damage farming all the enemy ships still sitting at spawn.

That was a bug, its fixed..

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

AFK has never meant disconnected... i dunno why it seems to be a thing in this forum...    maybe the older crowd...  and if that is the case i apologize...  AFK = away from Keyboard...

2 of these kiddos said this .. REALLY???

Maybe the Older crowd?? 

Hey there kiddo..   We OLD guys are the ones who came up with most of those LONG before you ate solid food.

that includes Pebcak , Id10-T file handling error and [edited] and 100s more

I used AFK when we were still using telnet and we would PING each other all the time to see if we were AFK...  (FYI that was developed in 1969 ) 

Old guys?

Bill gates is 64 years Old

Steve Jobs would be 65 today  Paul Allen 66 and those are just the names you know.

I wonder how we old guys know how to drive new cars and use non rotary phones without cords. SMH

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Maybe the Older crowd?? 

Hey there kiddo..   We OLD guys are the ones who came up with most of those LONG before you ate solid food.

that includes Pebcak , Id10-T file handling error and [edited] and 100s more

I used AFK when we were still using telnet and we would PING each other all the time to see if we were AFK...  (FYI that was developed in 1969 ) 

Old guys?

Bill gates is 64 years Old

Steve Jobs would be 65 today  Paul Allen 66 and those are just the names you know.

I wonder how we old guys know how to drive new cars and use non rotary phones without cords. SMH

So why do many not understand the difference between AFK and diconnected? lol sorry, but it was the only explanation i could come up with...

and i am 50+...  i am sure my dad (75 this year) wouldn't know what it stands for :cap_look:

[WORX]
Members
10,766 posts
18,591 battles
18 minutes ago, SKurj said:

So why do many not understand the difference between AFK and diconnected? lol sorry, but it was the only explanation i could come up with...

and i am 50+...  i am sure my dad (75 this year) wouldn't know what it stands for :cap_look:

Because your explanation is distorted..

Disconnection can happen at any time... HOWEVER, you're telling people its only one way and when the guns are pointing aft and stern. Not true...

Now, @Hapa_Fodder made a clarification on telling the difference between both in a thread a while ago...

That doesn't mean it can not happen in game... So what am I saying ???

The only time you can tell a AFK ship is when the guns move at anytime during the battle duration...

• If they move then the guy is in the match but is AFK.
  • If its not moving at all, its a disconnect.

A disconnect ship (especially after loading) can happen at anytime for any reason... The guns just will not move from the last aimed spot, the ship will not move... WHen the connection is re established again, the ship is alive..

The criteria for Dico and AFK ships may seem similar... But the differences in game are noticeable.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Because your explanation is distorted..

Disconnection can happen at any time... HOWEVER, you're telling people its only one way and when the guns are pointing aft and stern. Not true...

Now, @Hapa_Fodder made a clarification on telling the difference between both in a thread a while ago...

That doesn't mean it can not happen in game... So what am I saying ???

The only time you can tell a AFK ship is when the guns move at anytime during the battle duration...

• If they move then the guy is in the match but is AFK.
  • If its not moving, its a disconnect.

A disconnect ship (especially after loading) can happen at anytime for any reason... The guns just will not move from the last aimed spot, the ship will not move... WHen the connection is re established again, the ship is alive..

The criteria for Dico and AFK ships may seem similar... But the differences in game are noticeable.

i mentioned right from the beginning what i was talking about and people immediately started talking about disconnects, and i made it clear.  I don't know anyone apart from maybe my parents that do not know what afk means.

but we can argue further if you would like.

Members
1,103 posts
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

You have my sincere condolences; it must be horrible to believe that you will inevitably get dumber as you get older.

Edited by C14Alpha

Members
3,761 posts
23,385 battles

Having an AFK wouldn't matter if you can carry the match.

My last random match yesterday had a true AFK (0 score). We carried that match without the Omaha. I didn't realize he was AFK until it was 2/3 over. Could of used his AA since it was a 2 CV match & I was in an Okhotnik.

Did my part with 4 kills (including both CVs), 89k damage and 3 caps. Well worth the 1900+ XP for a match I meant to play in coop...lol.

[-JEDI]
[-JEDI]
Beta Testers
626 posts
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

i said AFK, there is a difference and you can tell...

How can you tell they are AFK? Are you some kind of wizard. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
7 minutes ago, Cruiser_Yahagi said:

How can you tell they are AFK? Are you some kind of wizard. 

Happa explained it...  but i will type it out again (already have done in this thread)

if at game start a player is afk his rear turrets will rotate, if he disconnects or has not loaded in yet his rear turrets will point to the stern of the ship.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
18 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

You have my sincere condolences; it must be horrible to believe that you will inevitably get dumber as you get older.

got nothing to do with getting dumber, many of the older generation would not know what it means... because they never needed to learn it.  

older generation to me must mean something different to you...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
16 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Having an AFK wouldn't matter if you can carry the match.

My last random match yesterday had a true AFK (0 score). We carried that match without the Omaha. I didn't realize he was AFK until it was 2/3 over. Could of used his AA since it was a 2 CV match & I was in an Okhotnik.

Did my part with 4 kills (including both CVs), 89k damage and 3 caps. Well worth the 1900+ XP for a match I meant to play in coop...lol.

as a new player all i can do is try, but when odds are stacked against you and you are not high tier it gets annoying.  I'd rather they stayed afk the whole match instead of loading in within 5 minutes of the end of the match after the enemy is already shelling them.  

Then i might assume they had a real reason for it... joining the match after sitting for 10 mins means they just don't gaf to me...

Members
3,761 posts
23,385 battles
3 hours ago, SKurj said:

as a new player all i can do is try, but when odds are stacked against you and you are not high tier it gets annoying.  I'd rather they stayed afk the whole match instead of loading in within 5 minutes of the end of the match after the enemy is already shelling them.  

Then i might assume they had a real reason for it... joining the match after sitting for 10 mins means they just don't gaf to me...

With your attitude how do you expect to get better let alone help your team win a match when the chips are down? Being top tier isn't some magic pill.

Members
158 posts
8,294 battles

I got disconnected the other night early in a match. Was in a Lightning heading for a cap at full speed. When I finally got back in I had a tiny bit of HP left and was still, of course, going full speed. Got in just in time to dev strike a red DD coming at me from behind an island, only to get immediately killed. I wound up with the second highest score on my losing team. That's how bad some of the friggin games are now.

Edited by Kenrod_Melrocity