You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

17 comments in this topic

[CAN1A]
Beta Testers
3 posts
8,205 battles

There is a lot of foul language being used in chat. Consider making some Alpha Flag holders who are active into Moderators who can instantly reprimand those who violate rules.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Members
2,842 posts
8,870 battles

Some of the chat gets really out of hand. Amazing how grown men sitting behind a keyboard playing a game can become so obsessed and resort to berating and cussing.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

-Co-op especially, High tier co-op players have some distorted language... (not saying randoms or any other play mode are not immune... Co-op is a setting in where it definitely should not be tolerated).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

wow... just realized no chat filter in place (if that's what you are referring to...) I rarely see in game chat used for anything positive... may as well mute it and use f keys...

[SALVO]
Members
24,769 posts
25,791 battles
56 minutes ago, zylas1 said:

There is a lot of foul language being used in chat. Consider making some Alpha Flag holders who are active into Moderators who can instantly reprimand those who violate rules.

Honestly, I don't really give a damn if people are swearing in battle chat.  I'm more concerned about people who will use legitimately racist or otherwise bigoted language.  I'm more worried about players who would tell the enemy team the position of team mates in ALL chat.

To me, like it nor not, swearing is just a part of everyday life.  I'd rather it wasn't.  And I don't swear much ever.  But I think that there are more important things to be worried about.  Swearing is a very low priority thing for me compared to other things I've seen in chat.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,769 posts
25,791 battles
46 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Some of the chat gets really out of hand. Amazing how grown men sitting behind a keyboard playing a game can become so obsessed and resort to berating and cussing.

Why does the fact that a keyboard is involved matter so much to you?  Would you be willing to order NBA officials (for example) to call technical fouls on players who swore on the court or trashed talked opponents?  Same thing.  

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,071 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Co-op especially

Yeah, those bots can be seriously abusive!

1 hour ago, zylas1 said:

There is a lot of foul language being used in chat.

There is a lot of foul language being used in the world, grow up and get used to it, cuz it ain't gonna change!

• Cool 2

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles

*STARES HARD AT FLOLO*

But in all seriousness, we expect teenagers to cuss in chat, but here I am, as a 16 year old, who doesn't curse in chat. It's ironic, isn't it?

I vouch for this idea. @Hapa_Fodder, what do you think?

:SerB:

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles
30 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

*STARES HARD AT FLOLO*

But in all seriousness, we expect teenagers to cuss in chat, but here I am, as a 16 year old, who doesn't curse in chat. It's ironic, isn't it?

I vouch for this idea. @Hapa_Fodder, what do you think?

On 4/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, zylas1 said:

So if a player is cursing a lot in chat, the system will catch it and eventually they will get auto chat banned, otherwise just make sure you report them for "Misbehavior in Chat" as well. If someone is being especially salty, you can submit a ticket to player support with a replay attached.

Always remember it is better to just report someone than to reply to them also.

Currently we have no plans on having people that are live in the game that can chat ban people as this would require A LOT of people to be able to do so.

That being said a report of "Misbehavior in Chat" does a lot more than people realize.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

So if a player is cursing a lot in chat, the system will catch it and eventually they will get auto chat banned, otherwise just make sure you report them for "Misbehavior in Chat" as well. If someone is being especially salty, you can submit a ticket to player support with a replay attached.

Always remember it is better to just report someone than to reply to them also.

Currently we have no plans on having people that are live in the game that can chat ban people as this would require A LOT of people to be able to do so.

That being said a report of "Misbehavior in Chat" does a lot more than people realize.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Hapa has spoken. I need not say anymore

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
415 posts
23,942 battles

i just got a multi day chat ban for circumventing the filter....what kind of commie crap is this ?  sent a ticket waiting for the proof of this [edited]..

i must of hurt somebodys feelings ..poor thing ..probably made them cry

• Funny 1

Members
2,779 posts
36,491 battles

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I am cursed at and taken a dollar for doing same, I would still make money.

What really hurts sometimes is if I mention a player has no camo and they call me a pervert. Or when bots repeatedly shoot me in the backside.

Then there is the silent players that don't like my jokes. I mean I think it's funny if after a player hits an island that I would say: I will call Notser to move that island for you. Or when a player calls for support and I can't shoot over an island and I say: We need to get Notser to move these islands out of here, I can't hit anything from here. Or I would say: I will hide behind this island that looks like a chicken. Or that ice formation looks like Mr Conway. Funny stuff right, but no, tough crowd.

Or the ones that ask questions but hate the answers. "Why no, I don't think C cap is a good place to go, I am tired of dying there." Sarcasm is a hard language to master.

The occasional purple player that says the death flag phrase: this is co-op, just click and win, only to be ganged up by 6 bots and hearing their screams on audio chat.

I can still hear the screams, WG. The silence of randoms players that die horribly in co-op because they were not aware that the bots are mean. Or that bots shoot laser accurate. Oh the horror.

I saw a Smolensk get 1- shot by a bot Montana. That player said a plethora of colorful metaphors that would make a sailor cover their ears.

I think what makes players lose their cool is finding players looking for Pokemon on parts of the map no where near a battle.

Language, it's prevalent but depends on the context. That is why WG made a quick command for it. Saves you the trouble of being reported and also expressing total thermonuclear disgust or saying UNACCEPTABLE by side swiping you in their DD.

I guess being nice is hard, going Darth Vader is easier.

But like many, best practice, use the bad behavior option to report and not respond.

As for jokes, well, I can't claim I am the funniest. The New Zealand folks have that title in the bag. But I hear they have competition, Australians. It's a tight race you might say.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
415 posts
23,942 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, zylas1 said:

there is a little x located at the bottom of the chat screen if you click on that it turns the chat off if that particular game isnt to your liking.

then the next game you can click on the x again and the chat box is enabled again... hope that helps..banning people who spend money on this game  isnt a good idea..causes resentment  which causes them to spend less which seems to cause tech problems which causes more resentment..so in my opinion if wows fixed the major problems with the game alot of this would go away adding more parking lot cops will just make it worse

• Cool 1

[CAN1A]
Beta Testers
3 posts
8,205 battles

Being a retired USN Senior Chief Petty Officer I have used much colorful language in my career. You can tell that the cruel comments are coming from young kids utilizing Mommy's credit card to become wallet warriors.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,309 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, Ghostdog1355 said:

Some of the chat gets really out of hand. Amazing how grown men sitting behind a keyboard playing a game can become so obsessed and resort to berating and cussing

Ain't that just the truth!

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,309 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 10:28 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Co-op especially, High tier co-op players have some distorted language... (not saying randoms or any other play mode are not immune... Co-op is a setting in where it definitely should not be tolerated).

Dang those amazing cursing bots. The plus side is that by far the majority are easy to identify; they have random type logo's on their names.