Capt_Ahab1776

Suggestion for karma

10 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles

Had a good game on the losing side this morning in my Gearing. Was complimented after the battle. I won't lie it was nice. Coincidentally I unlocked a container which was a  SC for 7 days of freemium.  

( ty WG 👍)

So I had a idea. Is there a way maybe for reaching X amount of karma points a one time SC?

Just a thought

• Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
1,368 posts
14,267 battles

I understand your thought process, but it just isn't worth the damage such a move would cause.  Within minutes, someone will figure out how to exploit karma points to an unfair advantage.  

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,866 battles

It’d be a great idea but like prairie said someone would find a way to exploit it!

Its always nice to get a +1 karma at the end of the game but I still hate the karma system as it stands. I rarely use negative karma unless someone excessively pings the map or goes off on a rant. I don’t even use them on AFKs as it can be as simple as an internet drop, PC crash or real life situation (kids, phone call etc ... real life > than a game of pixel ships). However, -1 can be picked up because you didn’t play your ship the way someone on your team wanted you to play it, you play a CV (lose them just about every time I take mine out for Naval Battles even if finishing in the top 3) or like I did when I lost 3 the other week for not “Set a smoke screen” for a 3 man div ... I was in an f-in Halland (no smoke).

Good luck mate and stay safe!

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
3 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

It’d be a great idea but like prairie said someone would find a way to exploit it!

Its always nice to get a +1 karma at the end of the game but I still hate the karma system as it stands. I rarely use negative karma unless someone excessively pings the map or goes off on a rant. I don’t even use them on AFKs as it can be as simple as an internet drop, PC crash or real life situation (kids, phone call etc ... real life > than a game of pixel ships). However, -1 can be picked up because you didn’t play your ship the way someone on your team wanted you to play it, you play a CV (lose them just about every time I take mine out for Naval Battles even if finishing in the top 3) or like I did when I lost 3 the other week for not “Set a smoke screen” for a 3 man div ... I was in an f-in Halland (no smoke).

Good luck mate and stay safe!

I agree.

IMHO - The Karma system is stupid.

Karma goes up and down like a yo-yo and nothing is passed on to the victim player as to what was done well or what was done poorly.

Also, Once karma gets to zero. it will not drop any lower.  IF a player is malicious, at 0 karma they will not lose any more Karma as it cannot go into the negatives.   

From above:

you play a CV (lose them just about every time I take mine out for Naval Battles especially if finishing in the top 3)  (FT;FY).

Grats on your GG.

:Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,241 posts
25,057 battles
33 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

From above:

you play a CV (lose them just about every time I take mine out for Naval Battles especially if finishing in the top 3)  (FT;FY).

Blame WG for this.

They’re the ones who insisted that a hated system that had settled mechanics and relatively few adherents needed to be replaced by a hated system with unsettled mechanics and a great deal more exposure in terms of raw player numbers.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,069 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, madgiecool said:

The Karma system is stupid.

This is everything that ever needs to be said about Karma!

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,210 battles

My karma is a 1218 and I've always been pretty unlucky with sc's and crates. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,571 posts
15,615 battles
47 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

My karma is a 1218 and I've always been pretty unlucky with sc's and crates. 

wow congrats on karma count!

I normally get camo, flags, free xp. Got freemium this last one. I have won one ship, my Scharnhorst shortly after I joined.

I just kind of thought, a one time SC for reaching a predetermined milestone. Some sort of real reward for good behavior.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts

Since I play CVs, my Karma hovers around zero. I played my Massachusetts for several games yesterday and my Karma went up to seven. I played my Midway twice and it went down to two. No matter if I do well or poorly, or if my team wins or loses, if I play a CV, I will be "reported" by other players. This is one of the several reasons why the Karma system is meaningless. That said, I always try to complement those who are decent in chat or at least try in the game. Who knows? Karma may mean something to them. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this