You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SidTheBlade

Tier X blowouts

34 comments in this topic

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,238 battles

I just played two games in a row where the other team did not lose a single ship. In both games, around half my own team was still alive at the end.

Can this be what the designers intend, for the top tier? Is this what everyone wants, from the game?

I'm not sure. I can't say it drives me crazy, because it is what it is, and I don't know much else, from high tier randoms.

It is not clear why this is happening, but one suspects that cruisers and BBs are sitting far back from the caps, in most cases, and so if one team wins the DD war at the beginning, they end up keeping the caps for the entire game, and so the game ends on points long before the other ships engage properly.

Therefore, the whole match comes down to the DD battles at the start, and those depend on good fortune, mostly. Who spots who first, who draws which DD players in their team.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,055 posts
5,943 battles

IMNSHO:

The lethality of the general environment has increased without a commensurate increase in "defense" which translates to a quite steep learning curve which is compounded by the game sending all sorts of mixed messages about what the "right' thing to do is.  IE Yolo vs Perma Camp, cap or not cap, defend a flank vs death ball.  The list is quite lengthy at this point

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
131 posts
9,483 battles

The MM can do some nasty things at T10 that leads to getting stomped. I was playing a DD (4 per side) this morning against 5 radar cruisers. We had no radar cruisers and they were passive. We lost all three caps and two DDs in the first 4 minutes and there was never a way into the match. If one side has total vision control, the firepower at T10 ends the game fast.

[WORX]
Members
10,676 posts
18,567 battles

Stay away from tier X matches... Snowballs and power creep runs wild, there is nothing you can do about is when you drive a particular ship class.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,765 battles

LOLOLOL tier X blowouts??? It's every battle is a blowout. This is the reason I quit playing WOT.

The player base is complete garbage and that's why it's a blowout almost every match. You have players with 300 battles in an Alaska? Under 1000 battles in a Georgia?

It's WG's way of sucking as much $$$ as they can out of the new people. 

Rush them up the lines so they have to spend more $$$. The problem is it ruins the game for those of us who know the ships and mechanics.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

I am grinding my UU for Hindi and Wor so I have been playing nothing but t10.

Every game has a Smolnick and all the DD fired every 3 or 4 sec and torp soup everywhere.

Hindi can sit at 20 km and shoot but if I have to get close against Russian bb for get it.

Remember when Wor was a thing now it seams under lowered because of Haragumo and Smol.

Edited by jags_domain

Members
1,051 posts
9,827 battles
12 minutes ago, pallas_2 said:

The MM can do some nasty things at T10 that leads to getting stomped. I was playing a DD (4 per side) this morning against 5 radar cruisers. We had no radar cruisers and they were passive. We lost all three caps and two DDs in the first 4 minutes and there was never a way into the match. If one side has total vision control, the firepower at T10 ends the game fast.

When one side has 2 or more radars than the other side, it is a bit of an advantage, HOWEVER the far more important factor is the skill level of the teams.  Player Rating number, avg XP, and of course Win Rate are all way more important.  Of those 3 stats, WR has the most exceptions, but in over 400 games that I have been tracking so far, when one team has an AVG WR of 4% or more, they have won 100% of the time.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
768 posts
3,847 battles

Ships are way too fragile, what this does is strongly promote extreme cowardice / passivity in play. It's very un-fun.

As for what WG intends, I think they just want to attract whales (gacha term for players who spend large amounts of money on a f2p game) and keep them spending huge amounts to progress quickly. And BOY if you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars you can breeze through an entire tree in no time at all. It's no skin off their nose if said whales get bored with the awful gameplay and move on to the next tree or even quit the game -- as long as they come back for the next tree / event / release, etc.

• Boring 1

Members
468 posts
4,399 battles
48 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Stay away from tier X matches... Snowballs and power creep runs wild, there is nothing you can do about is when you drive a particular ship class.

only problem is WG loves trhowing missions suited for those tiers, i would not even touch my t8+ ships if it was not for all those mission.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,238 battles
15 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Ships are way too fragile, what this does is strongly promote extreme cowardice / passivity in play. It's very un-fun.

I wonder if this is right?

I think it might be right, from my limited experience. I know I like playing the durable BBs and cruisers, even if they are not those with the longest range, or most accurate guns. I like DDs a lot, but they are also durable in their own way, with smoke and low detection.

[WORX]
Members
10,676 posts
18,567 battles
6 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

only problem is WG loves trhowing missions suited for those tiers, i would not even touch my t8+ ships if it was not for all those mission.

The irony, I did the first stage of the campaign with the Kutuzov and Massachusetts... 

I know your pain to well...

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,711 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

which translates to a quite steep learning curve

never, underestimate the destructive power of a learning curve

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The irony, I did the first stage of the campaign with the Kutuzov and Massachusetts... 

I know your pain to well...

Been using T10s in Co-op mostly, because also UUs, with a few lower tiers because of NB requirements.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

No men Blow-outs are out of control even in Low Tier.

Also with many of the Mission for the Special EU Commander you have to play t-9 10 compounding the problems

This is a absolute glowing example of why People should not be able to buy their way to high tier..... But im sure the Mods, Devs and everyone working for wargaming will like many things tell us this is not happening just our imagination send reply... oh replay shows no issues.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

IMNSHO:

The lethality of the general environment has increased without a commensurate increase in "defense" which translates to a quite steep learning curve which is compounded by the game sending all sorts of mixed messages about what the "right' thing to do is.  IE Yolo vs Perma Camp, cap or not cap, defend a flank vs death ball.  The list is quite lengthy at this point

It's got nothing to do with the lethality of the ships.  Blowouts are usually mostly about an imbalance in talent between the two teams, along with the weaker team playing stupidly.  The ships themselves don't matter.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
21 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

No men Blow-outs are out of control even in Low Tier.

Also with many of the Mission for the Special EU Commander you have to play t-9 10 compounding the problems

This is a absolute glowing example of why People should not be able to buy their way to high tier..... But im sure the Mods, Devs and everyone working for wargaming will like many things tell us this is not happening just our imagination send reply... oh replay shows no issues.

Dude, I don't think that any online game company would ever limit who is able to buy their products this way, because in the end, these companies are in business to make money.  And they're not going to put barriers up between your wallet and their bank account.

Also, I think that a lot of players may not care much about WW1 era ships and want to jump straight to the WW2 ships they're familiar with.  Unfortunately, this means that they're going to end up in tier 7+ premium ships.  And the rest of us just have to deal with repercussions of that.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
815 posts
9,703 battles

I keep seeing these threads but I continue to not see “every game is a total blowout”. This just must be where people go to vent, I’ve absolutely been on both sides of a roflstomp but it’s far far far from every game for what I’ve experienced, maybe 1-2 out of 10

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,112 posts
19,208 battles
2 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

The lethality of the general environment has increased without a commensurate increase in "defense"

And no ship suffers from this as much as destroyers do.

• Cool 2

[LWA]
Beta Testers
76 posts
16,084 battles

I honestly do not know anyone that is still having fun with this game. Just trying to adapt but not having fun. Not even clan wars is fun anymore.

• Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,227 battles
1 hour ago, Grumpy_Chief said:

I honestly do not know anyone that is still having fun with this game. Just trying to adapt but not having fun. Not even clan wars is fun anymore.

Try playing on the PTS, good rewards and you can try out ships you don't have in your main account. Some wild random battles, 4v4, 5v5 etc. No pressure, and some rewards go to your main account. I'm finding it a nice change of pace.

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Dude, I don't think that any online game company would ever limit who is able to buy their products this way, because in the end, these companies are in business to make money.  And they're not going to put barriers up between your wallet and their bank account.

Also, I think that a lot of players may not care much about WW1 era ships and want to jump straight to the WW2 ships they're familiar with.  Unfortunately, this means that they're going to end up in tier 7+ premium ships.  And the rest of us just have to deal with repercussions of that.

Not going to get an argument on that. I just been around maybe to long when we had to grind for tier ten more. We learned how to play the ships and in turn learned what they were capable of and how to fight against them also as we knew their weakness. I had a game earlier a guy in a gearing asked if moskava had radar. I just smacked my head.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Blowouts are happening in all tiers. The quality of the gameplay is deteriorating extremely fast over the last year. And as result the frequency in which blowouts happen is increassing. 

This is a side effect of WG (un)balance policies. WG is trying to cater to bad players and reducing the skill factor of the game, WoWs is bleeding good and experienced players. This is dropping the skill average. Unless WG change their balance policies, blowouts are just going to be more and more common. 

Members
158 posts
8,286 battles

I'm long used to seeing players at upper tiers with win rates in the 38-45% range and thousands, even 10-20 thousand, matches. Lately, though, I've noticed an increase in the number of people playing tier 8 -10 with less than 200 matches. I'm inclined to go along with another player who, during a random, referred to the current situation as "coronateams".

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I second this. As long as WG doesnt give a damn about gameplay quality at its premier tier, no one should be playing T10.