Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

USS Wisconsin (ship suggestion)

8 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
4,226 battles

I thought of an experiment of the other two Iowa Class Battleships that aren't in the game: USS New Jersey (in a separate post) and USS Wisconsin (aka Wisky or WisKy)

USS Wisconsin

Ship Specs: 46,000 t (light) 58,400 t (full load)  Length: 889 ft 3 in (271.04 m)  Width: 108 ft 2 in (32.97 m)  Draft: 37 ft 9 in (11.51 m) (full load)

Armaments: 9 x 3 16 in (406 mm)/50 cal Mk 7 guns  12 x 2 5 in (127 mm)/38 cal Mk 12 guns  *x32 BGM-109 Tomahawk cruise missiles  x16 RGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles*  x4 20mm/76 cal Phalanx CIWS

Aircraft: x1 AAI RQ-2 pioneer UAV

Armor: *same as New Jersey in a separate post*

Machinery Specs: *same as New Jersey in a separate post*

*remember that this is a idea*

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,810 posts
25,886 battles

There's already 1 Iowa class clone (the Missouri).  We don't need any more of them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,348 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There's already 1 Iowa class clone (the Missouri).  We don't need any more of them.

I'll disagree and say yes we do.   Some slight alterations to make it unique from the others but yes more USN content please!   And other ships as well because variety is a good thing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,810 posts
25,886 battles
6 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I'll disagree and say yes we do.   Some slight alterations to make it unique from the others but yes more USN content please!   And other ships as well because variety is a good thing.

Variety is a good thing.  But the variety should come from new ships that are NOT already in the game, such as the IJN's Tosa or Tone, rather than ships that already exist in the game.  What's next?  All 100 plus Fletchers?  Give me a break.

I'd rather see NEW ships than CLONE ships.  How about the Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and South Dakota classes?  What about the British and German battlecruisers?  What about the Italian BBs and DDs?  

Clone ships are the opposite of variety.  They're nothing but cheap knock offs of existing ships.

• Boring 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,105 posts
19,206 battles
29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There's already 1 Iowa class clone (the Missouri).

Yes, except that you can't get it unless you get lucky with a Christmas loot crate. We could use an additional Iowa class right about now. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,348 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Variety is a good thing.  But the variety should come from new ships that are NOT already in the game, such as the IJN's Tosa or Tone, rather than ships that already exist in the game.  What's next?  All 100 plus Fletchers?  Give me a break.

I'd rather see NEW ships than CLONE ships.  How about the Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and South Dakota classes?  What about the British and German battlecruisers?  What about the Italian BBs and DDs?  

Clone ships are the opposite of variety.  They're nothing but cheap knock offs of existing ships.

You had your opinion.  Easily understood and clear.   And I had mine, which in turn was quite clear.   You don't have to agree with mine anymore than I have to agree with yours.   And mine hasn't changed since you repeated your view. 

And now that you mentioned Fletchers, sure, why not?  Let's have a Brazilian one.  And a Mexican one.   And a Korean one.   And a Greek one!   Tweak each one a tad (national flag, markings,etc.) and keep the fun coming!  

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,516 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 5:10 PM, Crucis said:

YOU may not want more of them but many of us do. At some point I would love to see both NJ and WI added.

Sign in to follow this