Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kodslayer

to much radar

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
42 posts
2,560 battles

I only play the dd line, with so much radar it's impossible to play the dd, so I'll quit for another 2 years. 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,313
[BEA5T]
Members
6,574 posts
33,342 battles

Don't quit ! Play COOP and Scenarios...........what's left of the Scenarios that is....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,678
[GOB]
Members
4,127 posts
22,619 battles

The only way to play aggressively with all of this radar is to use a DD with long range torps.  You have to wait until late in the game or wait for your teammates to kill the Radar ships before pushing hard or you die.

Problem is 90% of them are waiting for YOU to do the work before THEY will push.

It's the state of the game now.

I use 16km torps and patience. I still get plenty of wins/kills/caps.

Try that or see ya in 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,678
[GOB]
Members
4,127 posts
22,619 battles
Just now, Asym_KS said:

Don't quit ! Play COOP and Scenarios...........what's left of the Scenarios that is....

I WAS a huge fan of Scenarios.  Tried yesterday and it's just not worth it anymore.  People knowing they get creds for barley working coupled with lo payouts did exactly what it was meant to do. Make Ops worthless and unfun.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,520
[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
11 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Don't quit ! Play COOP and Scenarios...........what's left of the Scenarios that is....

Co-op gets kind of boring and the lack of good scenarios makes them even worse.

I've tried to get re-involved in the game, but it's just not really much fun anymore. I came to this game for surface ship battles, and back when you didn't see many CV's it was ok. Now you can't avoid them, and many of the ships I used to enjoy are just not fun in this meta.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
15,406 battles

No radar below tier 8 (except Atlanta)/

Lot's of fun in those tiers, if you get games with no CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts
35 minutes ago, kodslayer said:

I only play the dd line, with so much radar it's impossible to play the dd, so I'll quit for another 2 years. 

Radar isn't that difficult to avoid, especially since they somewhat standardized each line's radar.  Just have a little patience at the start untill you know where the radar is and adjust your plan aa needed.

EDIT:  If radar gets to be too much, you can always start spraying torps everywhere and then blame your teammates for not getting out of the way.  Some seem to enjoy that kind of thing.  :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,516 posts
8,371 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

No radar below tier 8 (except Atlanta)/

Lot's of fun in those tiers, if you get games with no CVs.

Indianapolis and Belfast would like a word with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,871
[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

No radar below tier 8 (except Atlanta)/

Lot's of fun in those tiers, if you get games with no CVs.

Radar or hydro because both can detect you... Start at tier 4...

The Americans rule radar at tier 7 with 2 ships...

Then comes the Brits with the Payfest.

Now, hydro is used at tiers 4-10, now its not like regular radar... HOWEVER, it can be used as sow,here is the hydro list.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Hydroacoustic_Search_Data

We can conclude, yes there is hydro at tier 4, yes there is radar at tier 7... HOWEVER, upper tiers just has to much of radar distance/radar duration, that prevents DDs from playing the game mode properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,313
[BEA5T]
Members
6,574 posts
33,342 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I WAS a huge fan of Scenarios.  Tried yesterday and it's just not worth it anymore.  People knowing they get creds for barley working coupled with lo payouts did exactly what it was meant to do. Make Ops worthless and unfun.

So was my Clan and we played a lot of Scenarios !!!   Now, they are playing COD and this is a once a week game now.

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Co-op gets kind of boring and the lack of good scenarios makes them even worse.

I've tried to get re-involved in the game, but it's just not really much fun anymore. I came to this game for surface ship battles, and back when you didn't see many CV's it was ok. Now you can't avoid them, and many of the ships I used to enjoy are just not fun in this meta.

Everyone I know has left the game full-time and only play once and a while.........  Our host has accomplished the impossible: driving off paying customers whom loved this game......  @Hapa_Fodder I still can't believe your team managed to drive off some really diehard WoWs players....  I'm sticking around as a Scout and, I'm all alone..........everyone else has left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
42 posts
2,560 battles
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

The only way to play aggressively with all of this radar is to use a DD with long range torps.  You have to wait until late in the game or wait for your teammates to kill the Radar ships before pushing hard or you die.

Problem is 90% of them are waiting for YOU to do the work before THEY will push.

It's the state of the game now.

I use 16km torps and patience. I still get plenty of wins/kills/caps.

Try that or see ya in 2022

Yeah I know they all cry that  the dd didn't run up there to spot and die, then the bb shoot once turn and run away. I have no idea why there are so many lousy players at tier 9 and 10 must be pay to play. I thinks more the end of my frustration . I spot the bb doesn't even shoot 1/2 the time. I'm like really.  Yeah I do the work then they don't even push.

 I only have 12 km torps on tier 9 jap dd.  it's not worth  playing since every match I lose  credits.

I should have included hydro too my bad.

 

Edited by kodslayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
14,515 battles

I haven't see a lot of radar lately in randoms to be honest. I have even had games with 0 radar on the red team (also no CV) and almost didn't know what to do.

However, if you are talking clan battle, then get used to 5-6 radars every game.

That being said, I think there should be a hard cap of maybe 3 (4?) radar ships per side per match in random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,839
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
8 hours ago, kodslayer said:

I only play the dd line, with so much radar it's impossible to play the dd, so I'll quit for another 2 years. 

K, bye then I guess. Lol. I mean seriously, you made an entire thread over a single sentence?

To address the hyperbole slathered across this pity post... Radar has been here for years. It makes nothing impossible. It resulted in an overall improvement in game play. It made crusiers and BB a little safer and able to move a little more freely. It made destroyer easy mode stealth spam and cap control a little more challenging. These are all good things. The work around are quite simple and straight forward but I don't think you are interested in help...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,141
[NG-NL]
Members
6,893 posts
11,777 battles
13 hours ago, kodslayer said:

I only play the dd line, with so much radar it's impossible to play the dd, so I'll quit for another 2 years. 

Well...you're gud at quitting LOL

Play DDs casually, most every line except French and EU, 0 issues with radar and CV because adapted. I have no idea why you sell yourself short by needing stealth carries.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,197 posts
3,449 battles
13 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

No radar below tier 8 (except Atlanta)/

Lot's of fun in those tiers, if you get games with no CVs.

I mainly play my tier 7 DDs now to avoid radar games but recently I've been getting bumped every game into tier 9 Radar wars.. 

 Might drop back to tier 5 DD games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Radar should be a max of 20 seconds and can't go through terrain.   Easy fix that WG won't do.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,828
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
15 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Radar should be a max of 20 seconds and can't go through terrain.   Easy fix that WG won't do.  

The cruiser has to expose itself for an extended time to fire from the entire enemy fleet to reveal a DD for a short time under your proposal.  You are asking the cruiser to pretty much suicide in order to get 2-4 shots off at the DD and friendlies to get 0-3 shots off.  After the radar expires the DD can keep spotting the cruiser until the cruiser is dead and there is nothing the cruiser can do about it except hope the DD's team doesn't know what teamwork is.

If radar is changed to not go through terrain it should be increased to 90 seconds in duration and 15km in range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119
[MOPAR]
Members
244 posts
4,087 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

The cruiser has to expose itself for an extended time to fire from the entire enemy fleet to reveal a DD for a short time under your proposal.  You are asking the cruiser to pretty much suicide in order to get 2-4 shots off at the DD and friendlies to get 0-3 shots off.  After the radar expires the DD can keep spotting the cruiser until the cruiser is dead and there is nothing the cruiser can do about it except hope the DD's team doesn't know what teamwork is.

If radar is changed to not go through terrain it should be increased to 90 seconds in duration and 15km in range.

Perfect, now we have counter-play. What you describe sounds like the perfect balance. Don't pretend like a lot of the radar crusiers and battleship aren't tanky enough to survive some exposure. Sounds like hyperbole to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[BONKY]
[BONKY]
Members
715 posts
18,198 battles
21 hours ago, kodslayer said:

I only play the dd line, with so much radar it's impossible to play the dd, so I'll quit for another 2 years. 

wont be mised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[BONKY]
[BONKY]
Members
715 posts
18,198 battles
7 hours ago, kishan99 said:

Radar should be a max of 20 seconds and can't go through terrain.   Easy fix that WG won't do.  

you don't have enough battles, come back when you have 6000 plus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×