You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Can We Try a +1/-1 MM Weekend?

53 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles

With server population currently up, can we try a +1/-1 MM weekend, WG?

It has been stated many times in the past there isn't enough population to properly queue a +1/-1 MM system, but with numbers up right now, why not give it a try?

Would love to see how much better ships and games balance out in matches where players aren't forced to fight ships two tiers above or below them.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

perhaps relevant perhaps not... even in tanks a dev recently said they will not go to +1/-1 and the player base is several times the size of ships...

reasons stated, it would make the gameplay boring with less variety of vehicles etc...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,111 posts
13,721 battles

What would WG gain with +1/-1 weekend? 

I can see what they have to loose.

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles
14 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

image.jpeg.767abfdf05751f17b9ae9583580ea959.jpeg

Probably not, but just an interesting sandbox idea.

[WOLFG]
Members
537 posts
12,545 battles

Nope. No reason to. The current MM is fine.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
28,892 posts
8,143 battles
28 minutes ago, SKurj said:

reasons stated, it would make the gameplay boring with less variety of vehicles etc...

Well that makes sense.

Here I thought that WG was constantly pouring T9&10 ships into the game for profit reasons, but it's simply to make up for the lack of variety in those tiers due to not having (as many) tiers above them, which leads to lower ship variety.....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
535 posts
6,736 battles

What if... the server numbers are just hyped up by the bot players that WG refuse to admit exists, and if they tried +1/-1 mm it would expose the fact that there aren't really that many players?  :cap_yes:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Well that makes sense.

Here I thought that WG was constantly pouring T9&10 ships into the game for profit reasons, but it's simply to make up for the lack of variety in those tiers due to not having (as many) tiers above them, which leads to lower ship variety.....:Smile_trollface:

well they ain't lying... a single tier matchup has fewer options.

[TWFT]
Members
1,340 posts
37,328 battles

I keep hearing "No, it would not help the game play or the players", but the OP is just asking for one stinking day to try it. 

What is wrong with that?

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
5 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

I keep hearing "No, it would not help the game play or the players", but the OP is just asking for one stinking day to try it. 

What is wrong with that?

you can try it right now... play tier 9...  it isn't like WG don't have data on 2 tier matchups...

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,147 posts
16,812 battles
40 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Probably not, but just an interesting sandbox idea.

There's nothing wrong with the idea. The problem is that it has been proposed numerous times and the game's developers have never agreed to even consider it. I agree with +1/-1 but it's never going to happen. I believe the responses had to do with extended wait times in the queues and so forth. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
32 minutes ago, SKurj said:

well they ain't lying... a single tier matchup has fewer options.

That was the excuse they used when we only had 3 lines of ships......

Not really the case now, is it?

What they should do, and should have planned from the start, but never will is separate out random into 3 modes. Surface ships only/CV's/Subs.

The claim was always there weren't enough people, yet they ran CB, ranked and an event all at the same time with far less people than they seem to have now.

It will never happen of course, WG isn't interested in making a fun and engaging game, they're simply interested in milking the player base for as much as possible with shiny objects.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, awiggin said:

What they should do, and should have planned from the start, but never will is separate out random into 3 modes. Surface ships only/CV's/Subs.

The claim was always there weren't enough people, yet they ran CB, ranked and an event all at the same time with far less people than they seem to have now.

It will never happen of course, WG isn't interested in making a fun and engaging game, they're simply interested in milking the player base for as much as possible with shiny objects.

of course it is...  single tier has X number of ships...   2 tier has X*2 etc...  3 tier has X*3  sure you could argue many "might" play similar.

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,081 battles
21 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I believe the responses had to do with extended wait times in the queues and so forth. 

Exactly why now would be the best time to try it, if they were willing to, since the server population is abnormally higher than it usually is.

There are enough nations in the game now where there should be enough ship diversity between two tiers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,069 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Single tier matches happen on a regular basis at tier 9; and you still get just as many blow-outs! It's NOT the ship, it's the CAPTAIN!

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Watching a few official streams, they also seem to imply that the game just wasnt balanced around less than a 2 tier spread.  I am not sure what that means but that's what they say.

Another idea for this would be to give ships that are bottom tier and temporary buff...ie arms race buffs, to help them out without permanently changing the ships.

Members
246 posts
310 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

It has been stated many times in the past there isn't enough population to properly queue a +1/-1 MM system, but with numbers up right now, why not give it a try?

I don't recall WG refusing it out of population concerns.

But I do remember WG categorically and completely refusing the idea and any future suggestions of it.

It was in an official release last year I believe.

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles
34 minutes ago, awiggin said:

My sentiments EXACTLY...Wows has enough variety of ships as you said now.   I don't understand the comments from others who claim that single toer battles would be..."BORING"...evenly matched tiers make it so that the game play is more evenly "Balanced" (as much as possible) to make the gameplay a struggle.....meaning it would take more skill to overcome and win.  But...this will only happen if there is a gradual reduction of player satisfaction and player disconnect.   But we have all discusse this before....chances are nothing will happen as WOWs is interested in only the fastest "Churn" of battles to completion.  

Members
246 posts
310 battles
2 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

My sentiments EXACTLY...Wows has enough variety of ships as you said now.   I don't understand the comments from others who claim that single toer battles would be..."BORING"...evenly matched tiers make it so that the game play is more evenly "Balanced" (as much as possible) to make the gameplay a struggle.....meaning it would take more skill to overcome and win.  But...this will only happen if there is a gradual reduction of player satisfaction and player disconnect.   But we have all discusse this before....chances are nothing will happen as WOWs is interested in only the fastest "Churn" of battles to completion.  

You guys are wasting your time.

WG has said, time and time again, that they will never even entertain the idea of a one-tier spread. And it has nothing to do with the population.

If anything, the two-tier spread actually benefits their bottom line.

So all your arguments are moot.

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles
3 minutes ago, KosmicRavioli said:

I don't recall WG refusing it out of population concerns.

But I do remember WG categorically and completely refusing the idea and any future suggestions of it.

It was in an official release last year I believe.

WOWs also did categorically refuse to have SUBS in the game so the MM single tier mode is not a absolute give.  I really don't understand a business in which one idea is totally rejected and then it may sometimes be reversed later on as circumstances change.   They say the only constant in business is change.  This is one of them especially if financial reduction  follows......

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles
1 minute ago, KosmicRavioli said:

You guys are wasting your time.

WG has said, time and time again, that they will never even entertain the idea of a one-tier spread. And it has nothing to do with the population.

If anything, the two-tier spread actually benefits their bottom line.

So all your arguments are moot.

WowS SAID no subs ALSO...and what do we have NOW.   Short memory ?  There is always some chance of a reversal of policy.   No business paints themselves into the corner unless its a iron clad policy or contract.  As time marches on...todays no-nos can become the all of a sudden yes-yes.  Not always but always a slight chance...

Members
246 posts
310 battles
20 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

WOWs also did categorically refuse to have SUBS in the game so the MM single tier mode is not a absolute give.  I really don't understand a business in which one idea is totally rejected and then it may sometimes be reversed later on as circumstances change.   They say the only constant in business is change.  This is one of them especially if financial reduction  follows......

17 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

WowS SAID no subs ALSO...and what do we have NOW.   Short memory ?  There is always some chance of a reversal of policy.   No business paints themselves into the corner unless its a iron clad policy or contract.  As time marches on...todays no-nos can become the all of a sudden yes-yes.  Not always but always a slight chance...

Subs make economic sense.

One-tier spread doesn't.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Would love to see how much better ships and games balance out in matches where players aren't forced to fight ships two tiers above or below them.

Fem was right. +1/-1 is boring.  Always havong the same ships in battle is dull.

• Boring 1

Members
3,377 posts
6,787 battles
6 minutes ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Subs make economic sense.

One-tier spread doesn't.

You are trying to cherry pick your argument here....The REAL issue is again WOWs  ever changing policies which would be broadcast as a NO now...but later a possible yes later on.   if you read WOWs posts then and now..you will see the 180 shift in their policies for many subjects (not just subs) which sometimes made the game better or worse.   But it was a change anyways.   As I said, making money is a benefit but there is another business practice which should be explored and that is sometimes its better to lose money to make money.