Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[TGO]
Members
65 posts
6,752 battles

I know we all gripe about the Match Maker and how unbalanced it can seem at times, but this match was extremely one-sided  from the get-go.  For starters, the Red team's average ranking among their ranked players was 8.14, while our average was 11.86.  This match only lasted a little over 7 mins, and their scored triple ours.  This was NOT "fun and engaging." By my records, over 30% of my matches in the last week have fallen into the category of "overmatch," where one team scored more than 2.25 times the losing team's XP. 804370679_Unfairmatch(1).thumb.PNG.d8e958cb34fc58ef527b5086df032d75.PNG

Unfair match(2).PNG

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,436 posts
15,330 battles

Ranked results are not a factor that MM considers.  It is just ship type and tier.

[TGO]
Members
65 posts
6,752 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Ranked results are not a factor that MM considers.  It is just ship type and tier.

I know that much, but I'm just saying that there ought to be a more equitable method of Match Making.  Over 30% of my matches in the last week have been blowouts, and 2/3 of those, I was on the losing end of the deal.  Of all the people I know that have quit the game, the most common reason is the inequality of the MM.

Edited by Prattaratt
  • Boring 1

Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles

I've been tracking the overall PR of my teams the last few days and some wins have come with teams with very low PRs and several blowout losses have been with very good players on my teams. It's all about how the randomly matched players work together or don't work together.

So it's not the inequality of MM, it's the decisions players make in battle that determine the outcome.

[PVE]
Members
6,148 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Prattaratt said:

I know we all gripe about the Match Maker and how unbalanced it can seem at times, but this match was extremely one-sided  from the get-go.  For starters, the Red team's average ranking among their ranked players was 8.14, while our average was 11.86.  This match only lasted a little over 7 mins, and their scored triple ours.  This was NOT "fun and engaging." By my records, over 30% of my matches in the last week have fallen into the category of "overmatch," where one team scored more than 2.25 times the losing team's XP. 804370679_Unfairmatch(1).thumb.PNG.d8e958cb34fc58ef527b5086df032d75.PNG

Unfair match(2).PNG

Winning team gets a 50℅ base XP bonus for winning (1.5).

Did you take that into account in the 2.25 times the losing teams XP?

That leaves a .75 XP difference which isn't really all that much in a steamroll if you think about it.

& if that was only 30℅ of the matches the other 70℅ were more balanced than that so not too far off.

There really is nothing that can be done about steamrolls...it only takes an aggressive team push after a single quick advantageous kill (such as a DD or radar cruiser at the start) & the team push doesn't even need to be organized at all...just individuals moving up to take advantage of the advantage.

Ranking doesn't tell you who ranked out in 75 games & who persisted for 1000 to get where they got...& how does it factor in those who didn't play ranked at all? Not really a good metric...too many variables unaccounted for.

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles

MM is not the issue, MM is the eternal scapegoat...

Its a tier 10 match, high tier matches are broken... High tiers are the must broken portion of the game. As long as disproportionate DMG dealing and power creep ships exist and/or continues to flourish in WOWS...

In other words, until we as consumers stop populating the high tier matches with over capable ships... Its not MM fault... 

Sign in to follow this