You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Neferium

Oddly Fun in T4

29 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
1,908 battles

Lately I have been playing a lot of T2 and T4 battles mainly PVE and some PVP. Such fun there. 

Something oddly satisfying about the YOLO simple engagements.

Anyone else happen to enjoy the low tiers?

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles

Orion is still a great ship. 

(So is that OP BB premium, I forgot the name.) 

Also Ark Beta still damn good. 

Gangut and Kaiser are also pretty excellent.  The T4 bbs are straight overpowered compared to anything in their teir AND any ship that isn't a BB for almost all of T5 too. 

Isokaze and Hosho got massively nerfed. So there's not much to contest. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
19 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

So is that OP BB premium, I forgot the name

You're thinking of the Nikolai.

My favourite Tier 4 BB is the Ishizuchi; an ancient Japanese premium battlecruiser that is basically a baby Amagi.

My overall favourite Tier 4 ship is the Danae. She's still high in my battle count stats despite having been finished with the grind in late 2017.

I also quite like the Myogi, AS SHE IS NOW. I know that what she used to be like is something else altogether.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

I took Dreadnaught (sp?) in a random the other day.  2 carriers and both were saying "Nom, nom, nom" at me all game long!  :cap_haloween:

I had a blast anyway.  We pushed a flank and just kept pushing all while the CV's were using me for target practice.  I ended up with 4 kills.  The last 2 kills were both the CVs.  Nice win.  :cap_cool:

Great fun can be had when you go low!  I co-op there on a regular basis.  Svietlana, Friant, Vampire, Smith, ...  the list goes on.  Lots of funbotes there.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,525 battles

Ssssh! Don't let WG know you're having fun playing low tier ships. If they find out, they'll change something so you don't have fun at low tiers anymore. Don't you know the only time you're supposed to play low tier is when you're grinding towards high tier ships? And all the early access events lately suggest WG would prefer you to skip the low tiers altogether. Play more high tier, peasant!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
54 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

The Konig Albert (at T3?)

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,848 battles

The lower tiers were always fun.  Then came the CV rework and 3-CV games became the norm at T3-T4.  Now 3-CV games have gone away, the fun has returned, and so will I.  Some of my favorite ships in the game are in T2-T4.  Novik, Bogatyr, Phoenix...and the list goes on.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

definitely, though vs 2 cv's it can get tiresome... i thought even that would be better than 3... it's not enough without a buff to AA

It is better in cruisers and dd's but the BB's usually end up being torp magnets for the cv's

[WOLF5]
Members
1,081 posts
8,929 battles

I love low tier Coop battles. Nothing gets my heartrate higher than during a knife fight in a telephone booth in the Tachibana (that yes has IFHE...), with torpedoes (literally everywhere) many fired by green bots mainly at me.... Second is when there are few or no torp ships while in the Konig Albert on Polar and to slowly sail through the main channel area while the secondaries are blazing away on both sides. Nice way to wake up at 5:30 am.... 

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles
3 hours ago, Neferium said:

Lately I have been playing a lot of T2 and T4 battles mainly PVE and some PVP. Such fun there. 

I enjoy low-tier battles.

Friant and Tachibana-Lima are fun to play.

Spent some time about a month ago getting my Tier-4 CV Captains to the 10-skill-points threshold.  Gosh, that converted collier Langley is slow.  :-D

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,197 posts
16,909 battles

If it wasn't for the carriers I'd play a lot more in my Izzy and Konig Albert. As is I have been playing more in my Cesare since the high tier battles have gotten so stagnant with everyone island humping, border exploring, or just plain doing this... 

Memebase - hiding - All Your Memes In Our Base - Funny Memes ...

At least at the lower levels everyone fights and few hide. Matches end much quicker and are far more fun. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,477 battles

Tiers 2-4 can be fun because WG focuses their money making efforts on the upper tiers.

Rest assured that if there was more money to be made; tiers 2-4 would experience an increase in "The Forkening". -a silverware allusion to the 'Quickening' from Highlander, but with a more 'unwanted touching' type implication.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Curly__san said:

Tiers 2-4 can be fun because WG focuses their money making efforts on the upper tiers.

Rest assured that if there was more money to be made; tiers 2-4 would experience an increase in "The Forkening". -a silverware allusion to the 'Quickening' from Highlander, but with a more 'unwanted touching' type implication.

not a lie... apart from getting away from the higher tiers WG does nothing to encourage low tier play, perhaps not terrible (seal clubbers).

[BSL]
Members
1,202 posts
20,878 battles
21 minutes ago, SKurj said:

not a lie... apart from getting away from the higher tiers WG does nothing to encourage low tier play, perhaps not terrible (seal clubbers).

I prefer to think of them as small vicious leopard seals.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,126 posts
19,213 battles
4 hours ago, Neferium said:

Everyone except WG!

• Funny 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles

I refuse to play Tier 7+, that's where balance, and fun goes out the window, and you get an overload of B.S. in the shape of Cruisers doing and tanking more damage than BB's, 900 radars on both teams, 50 torpedoes in the water at any given time, and IFHE spams endlessly for days from ships immune to anytype of return fire behind islands..

Screw all that.. Tiers 5-6 are the most balanced game tiers. An intermix of radars and sonars, properly balanced CV's, respectable amount of torp spams, and the IFHE spam while off teh charts is sustainable and properly balanced in damage output.  (You  never see cruisers chunking a BB or other cruisers HP pool by 15-20% per volley of IFHE like you do in high tiers, which is jsut a disgusting joke of damage)

[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,305 battles
8 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Orion is still a great ship. 

Also Ark Beta still damn good. 

Gangut and Kaiser are also pretty excellent.  The T4 bbs are straight overpowered compared to anything in their teir AND any ship that isn't a BB for almost all of T5 too. 

Isokaze and Hosho got massively nerfed. So there's not much to contest. 

Hosho got nerfed?  In what way? 

Don't forget the Clemson - what a great little boat.  

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
9 hours ago, Neferium said:

is your avatar Invador Zim and Ranbow Dash?

Your right though.  Your not worried about money or do its just playing.

Edited by jags_domain

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

hosho can still run 15 torp planes... 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
12 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

What nerf?

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles
18 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

From the pre rework. Honestly hosho was a murderer in the old system. Nowadays she can still do work but no longer as easy to be as powerful or more than the bbs 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,085 posts
23,857 battles

People like to go to Tier IV to seal club.  It's only they get upset when there are other seal clubbers out there trying to club them, too.

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,484 battles

Tachibana, Yubari and Kuma too.   The Hosho is my only CV and I am just  figuring it out in the tranning room at present.

Tachibana is a blast. I used that ship to see if I could do OK in randoms, yes, but I got lucky. I had some small matches one was just me against another DD.(but that felt like cheating as my captain had RPF so I knew which channel he was comming down and spamed torps before he even saw me or was detected. That's one reason I like PvE the bots don't seem to mind though I do have to watch my back with bot teamates. )

Edited by GrayPanther2018
correction

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Tachibana, Yubari and Kuma too.   The Hosho is my only CV and I am just  figuring it out in the tranning room at present.

Tachibana is a blast. I used that ship to see if I could do OK in randoms, yes, but I got lucky. I had some small matches one was just me against another DD.(but that felt like cheating as my captain had RPF so I knew which channel he was comming down and spamed torps before he even saw me or was detected. That's one reason I like PvE the bots don't seem to mind though I do have to watch my back with bot teamates. )

check out Toptier's youtube for hosho tips

[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,305 battles
3 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

From the pre rework. Honestly hosho was a murderer in the old system. Nowadays she can still do work but no longer as easy to be as powerful or more than the bbs 

Ok got it.  Still seems pretty damn powerful.