You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JimGrimm

Tired of playing Random Battles

31 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
1,047 battles

I'm so tired of playing random battles with players who have no idea of obtaining objectives. They desert their sectors and bunch up to be crushed by the flanks. Why do we have to keep hurting our win and kill ratios for this?. I think that all missions should have choice of not using Randoms. I like the other battle options. even clan and training options. I'm not going to play random battles anymore. It's just full of campers and cowards. Even the sub battles are more structured than the Randoms. RANDOM BATTLES SUCK!!! 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 5

[WORX]
Members
10,766 posts
18,591 battles

The rant  sounded like the game as a whole...  You will encounter what you described in all game modes...

Its part of the MMO experience. It has nothing to do with the CM, Combat missions have tuned down since the PR event... 

Now, if you're saying CM participants are somehow bad players for partaking in a CM requirement... I disagree with your assessment.

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles
16 minutes ago, JimGrimm said:

I'm so tired of playing random battles with players who have no idea of obtaining objectives. They desert their sectors and bunch up to be crushed by the flanks. Why do we have to keep hurting our win and kill ratios for this?. I think that all missions should have choice of not using Randoms. I like the other battle options. even clan and training options. I'm not going to play random battles anymore. It's just full of campers and cowards. Even the sub battles are more structured than the Randoms. RANDOM BATTLES SUCK!!! 

I will say that there are times I wonder how many of the players in this game can cross the road without getting hit by a bus their awareness of what is going on around them is so bad. Then there are others I wonder if the the box the rocks came in is smarter than the person with 4k+ games played still sailing broadside in a straight line to 3 BB who gets deleted then complains about it. Random has become steam roll mode and your team is either the roller or the rolled. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 2

[V_V_V]
Members
681 posts
14,786 battles

Well, here's some Randoms from today where enough team players had it together to contribute to wins for me.   I have a mediocre WR, but I will suggest OP that you Div with friends...YMMV.

shot-20.04.24_08.38.50-0867.jpg

shot-20.04.24_12.15.54-0372.jpg

shot-20.04.24_15.06.29-0324.jpg

shot-20.04.24_16.32.14-0384.jpg

shot-20.04.24_17.26.24-0878.jpg

shot-20.04.24_18.19.41-0761.jpg

shot-20.04.24_18.22.44-0730.jpg

shot-20.04.24_18.59.38-0533.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
1 hour ago, JimGrimm said:

And this is why ranked is seen as more important. Honestly think the issues with random would be solved with simply less ships. Truth is Jutland was a clusterfuck and the most fun you have in WOWS is 7v7 or 8v8. This is why I play lower ranked now the teams are so small it's like psuedo ranked. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,200 posts
16,923 battles
3 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

And this is why ranked is seen as more important. Honestly think the issues with random would be solved with simply less ships. Truth is Jutland was a clusterfuck and the most fun you have in WOWS is 7v7 or 8v8. This is why I play lower ranked now the teams are so small it's like psuedo ranked. 

With all of the new and returning players, that have no experience in the current meta, ranked could turn into a small team disaster instead of a large one. They will just buy a Tier 7 premium to play, there's tons of them, and poof, instant frustration match. Going to try it when it starts but am not hopeful. 

hope-now-theres-something-i-havent-had-for-a-long-time-meme.jpg

• Cool 1

[PRMUS]
Members
943 posts
2,312 battles
54 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

With all of the new and returning players, that have no experience in the current meta, ranked could turn into a small team disaster instead of a large one. They will just buy a Tier 7 premium to play, there's tons of them, and poof, instant frustration match. Going to try it when it starts but am not hopeful. 

hope-now-theres-something-i-havent-had-for-a-long-time-meme.jpg

I'm being honest you're describing me except I bought a Tier 9 premium. I am a returning player and my competence is slowly returning. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,108 posts
5,512 battles

I just don't take it too seriously anymore.  I just do my best to support my team.  If we're going to lose, I just focus on getting some good kills before losing or dying.

Also...Eurobeats make it so much more fun :cap_haloween:.

• Cool 3

[-PVE-]
Members
625 posts
42 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I just don't take it too seriously anymore.  I just do my best to support my team.  If we're going to lose, I just focus on getting some good kills before losing or dying.

+1

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,221 posts
5,697 battles
3 hours ago, JimGrimm said:

Oink! Use the public to tell the others what to do!!! Double bacon!!!

[WOLF4]
Members
383 posts
17,063 battles

This morning I played 3 matches and turned the game couldn't take it. Could not sleep played some and going to leave this time on a high note. More gunboting this match. Sometimes its  fun, some good matches, and  other times I just turn it off.

image.thumb.png.dc36fe4523fd0ee699c00bf3a66b3a5e.pngj

[O_O]
Members
6,454 posts
15,361 battles
3 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

Well, here's some Randoms from today where enough team players had it together to contribute to wins for me.   I have a mediocre WR, but I will suggest OP that you Div with friends...YMMV.

30k damage and 25k damage in Georgia?  6k damage in Jean Bart?!?

Posting 8 large screen shots just to show victories is kind of bad forum ettiquette to start with, but those three games...yikes!  How do you only land 6k damage in Jean Bart?!?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

damage seems to be the prize...  not the win...

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,711 posts

Mix it up. Play different ship types at different tiers. If concerned about stats then look at your player summary and play the ships you have a higher win rate in (assuming a reasonable number of matches played in it). I'm not too into stats as a measure of skill so I don't mind playing ships I think are fun, often, even if I end up with lackluster WR. Also, T8 up is a bit of a mess so try to do a few nostalgia matches in tiers 4-7.

Members
2,140 posts
13,270 battles
6 hours ago, JimGrimm said:

Free Game + First Person Shooter Heads + Lockdown  = massive quantities of people that have no investment in the game and therefore no reason to actually pay attention and learn the game.  

While this has been a issue in the past, as long time players leave the game they are replaced by muppets..( see Claus Kellerman ) .. Wg does not help itself here. there are no skill barriers. There is no system whereby the less aware, and those that do not put in the time, are prevented from advancing.   In any other game I play, if I don't "git gud" I cease to advance to the tougher sections.  This is not the case here, and as such we have people failing their way to higher tiers, ruining the game for those that *have* put in the time and effort.

WG is not interested is these thoughts,  they will tell us all that the game is fine... is balanced... 

I think one of the things that really irritates is that we all see what the deal is... but WG denies. 

It is there sandbox, their sand, and their pails and shovels... you want to play, you kow tow to them... otherwise.. leave.   That is the message I get from WG. Like or leave it.  My money left over 2 years ago.

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Free Game + First Person Shooter Heads + Lockdown  = massive quantities of people that have no investment in the game and therefore no reason to actually pay attention and learn the game.  

While this has been a issue in the past, as long time players leave the game they are replaced by muppets..( see Claus Kellerman ) .. Wg does not help itself here. there are no skill barriers. There is no system whereby the less aware, and those that do not put in the time, are prevented from advancing.   In any other game I play, if I don't "git gud" I cease to advance to the tougher sections.  This is not the case here, and as such we have people failing their way to higher tiers, ruining the game for those that *have* put in the time and effort.

WG is not interested is these thoughts,  they will tell us all that the game is fine... is balanced... 

I think one of the things that really irritates is that we all see what the deal is... but WG denies. 

It is there sandbox, their sand, and their pails and shovels... you want to play, you kow tow to them... otherwise.. leave.   That is the message I get from WG. Like or leave it.  My money left over 2 years ago.

For all the threads based out of frustration your post is spot on. Deal with it or leave. 

Just lost two games in a row this morning and each game had 5 players on my team with PR's less than mine....COMBINED!!!! at tier9. It's like I am playing with infants and wondering why they can't throw the football back to me....Who's fault? Mine for subjecting myself to this and WG for not creating another environment for like skilled PVP players.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,147 posts
8,353 battles
7 hours ago, JimGrimm said:

I'm so tired of playing random battles with players who have no idea of obtaining objectives. They desert their sectors and bunch up to be crushed by the flanks. Why do we have to keep hurting our win and kill ratios for this?. I think that all missions should have choice of not using Randoms. I like the other battle options. even clan and training options. I'm not going to play random battles anymore. It's just full of campers and cowards.

I'm tired of people complaining about others, when they are no better than those they complain about.

• Cool 2

[KOBK]
Members
34 posts
7,286 battles
5 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I am an older player, (age and over 3 years playing) and I am always trying to get better.  What WWS lacks is clear advantages for the individuals to work as a team. 

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

oo and lets not forget those players who's only goal is to do a beeline for the enemy cv's and damn the caps...

[BOTO]
Members
1,263 posts
15,472 battles
8 hours ago, JimGrimm said:

Don't worry too much about what your teammates are doing and focus on what you can accomplish.  If you work on improving you game and playing better you'll see your WR go up.  Then again you can do like a lot of players and blame everybody and everything else and keep losing.  Your choice.

[V_V_V]
Members
681 posts
14,786 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

30k damage and 25k damage in Georgia?  6k damage in Jean Bart?!?

Posting 8 large screen shots just to show victories is kind of bad forum ettiquette to start with, but those three games...yikes!  How do you only land 6k damage in Jean Bart?!?

Dear Emily Post, would you rather I post screen shots showing defeats to reinforce one's Defeatist Attitude?  Did you even read my post, or did you highlight my displayed game performances just to boost your own ego?

Edited by Charon2018
Add text

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,189 posts
9 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

or did you highlight my displayed game performances to boost your own ego?

Probably this lol

Members
37 posts
1,047 battles

I am earning my way up. I don't have any T9 or T10 ships. My highest atm is a T8 USS NC. I started at the bottom and grinding my way to clan battles. I've taken my losses to learn the best game strategies. Many members of my clan team with me when possible to run cap drills and flanks. I'm working on being a greater asset  by the time I do buy a tier 10 ship. PT is a great way for me to try out T10 ships. Now that I'm back to working 6 days a week, I find it difficult to team up with clan members. So I have to wade into Randoms to attain exp. and  loot. I message people to not bunch-up and support the caps. We engage and I look back and they are sailing the other way. Leaving me to cap and facing 3 or 4 ships solo. They ignore messages. I'm working on my structuring in battle and they camp or run away. It is like people here have said, very frustrating. I have learned that I like the cruisers better. It fits my game play. Clan members helped me determine that. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

remember many may not even have chat enabled, and may not take kindly to "help" just the way ppl are...  I may say something like "A and C plz" at the start and watch what happens, but not much more than that until things go bad and i start raging as I sink lol ... sorry..

Members
37 posts
1,047 battles

I guess, I have to keep in mind that there are recreational players. Players who buy high tier ship to pass the time; especially now during social distancing. I just will try to search out more opportunities to team with clan members. It will take a longer time to get to a T10 ship. however, it may be a more satisfyingly solution.