Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Cits from weird angles on Izmail

5 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
823 posts
9,355 battles

I'm getting wrecked from crazy angles. Is this common in this ship? Is there a way to mitigate?

[ICBM]
Members
823 posts
9,355 battles

Just answered my own question. Took my Izmail out to a training room with stationary Izmail bots and citadeled them from very steep angles. I guess it is the nutty V-shaped armor where some of the secondaries are recessed into the hull. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,037 posts
12,715 battles
40 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Just answered my own question. Took my Izmail out to a training room with stationary Izmail bots and citadeled them from very steep angles. I guess it is the nutty V-shaped armor where some of the secondaries are recessed into the hull. 

yup, she's one of the very few battleships with an exposed citadel.

[LOIN]
Supertester
809 posts
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

I'm getting wrecked from crazy angles. Is this common in this ship? Is there a way to mitigate?

Well her citadel is on the top deck. (In some places). But what ships were shooting you? Because she does have 25 mm plating on the bow (top and bottom) which means 15 inch or larger can pen that.

[ICBM]
Members
823 posts
9,355 battles

Some of them where Richlieu and Massa which I assumed had overmatch. I also am certain a kogno citted me from the stern, although I can't be sure because a Roma was firing at me, too. Both were at steep angles, though. I guess I'll just have to get used to eating cits and huge pens in this ship. I can't say it's enjoyable. 

Sign in to follow this