You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
You13

Ohio and colbert replacement

14 comments in this topic

[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,969 battles

Any of you guys know whats coming after Ohio and Colbert and when, I am 50/50 about getting Ohio or wait for maybe a different ship in research bureau

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,142 posts
18,994 battles

Nothing's been announced.

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles

Here's the thing, @Slumlord_Dasboot. Wargaming needs a way to actually make money on the game, since the game is free to play from the get go. Of course, the RB is designed so that people will actually spend money and get those ships into their port, while WeeGee stays afloat on whatever cash they get from it.

As for warships that might come out in the Research Bureau, I have a couple of ideas of what might show up.

1. Siegfried / Agir. While their price has not been confirmed, Agir seems to have the most potential as a RB ship, due to it's unique properties such as those torpedo tubes and that German Hydro. Also, there are no Tier IX ships in the RB at the moment, so this might add something.

2. British 20-inch Battleship. This is just a bit of my theorycrafting, but we may see a version of HMS Incomparable, the 1916 British Battlecruiser designed by Jacky Fisher, in the game. It could potentially be the Ohio to the Thunderer for the RB, as the Shikishima has been confirmed as being a Steel Ship

3. Charlemagne-class Super Battleship 1940. Basically being an Alsace with one extra Quadruple 380mm gun turret stuck up the rear end,  it shows promise. I mean, let's be real, who DOESN'T want a Tier 10 Lyon? ( This was @Fr05ty 's idea by the way, kudos to him )

4. H-42 Class Battleship. I already made a proposal for this, say no more of it. Don't count on it being as good as that, however....

5. Puerto Rico. This one probably has absolutely no chance, but it's possible that we'll see the the Pay2Rico back on sale, this time for Research points. 

6. Capitani Romani Class Destroyer Leader. A destroyer with SAP and 135mm guns, yes please! It's not wrong to guess that the Paolo Emilio could be the precursor to this, but I suspect that it was rather used as a testbed for SAP viability on destroyers, in the same way that Impero is a testbed for SAP shells on Battleships. This would be a great ship to compare favorably against the Kleber and the Khabarovsk, while being killer effective to boot!

7.L20e Alpha Battleship. I would have to be half-brain dead to suggest this, but I'm doing it anyways because a mid-tier link, at something like Tier 7, would be a great ship, especially considering the potency of the design

8.Tier 10 German Battlecruiser. We really need something from the Germans that compares favorably to the Puerto Rico, Yoshino, and the Stalingrad. I made a proposal for this as well

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS ALL MY SPECULATION. TAKE THIS WITH AN ATOM SIZED GRAIN OF SALT, FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH MYSELF AND THOSE WHO COMMENT ON THIS. PLEASE!!!!

:SerB:

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
1 minute ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Here's the thing, @Slumlord_Dasboot. Wargaming needs a way to actually make money on the game, since the game is free to play from the get go. Of course, the RB is designed so that people will actually spend money and get those ships into their port, while WeeGee stays afloat on whatever cash they get from it.

WG was fine financially before RB and they would continue to be fine if it went away. While I agree it makes them money, and that is the real reason for it for sure, it is gravy money and greed money not survival money.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,060 posts
36,029 battles

They get a lot more people regrinding if they moved some of the existing premiums, especially in the lower tiers, to the Research Bureau.

As it is T10 play is crap, and I have no interest in acquiring either ship.

Edited by Taichunger

[SPTR]
Members
27,146 posts
16,397 battles

Im enjoying the speculations Shrayes 

• Cool 1

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,065 battles

Colbert got f’ed in ihfe rework. 
ohio not as good as Georgia. 
UU moving to RB

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

As for warships that might come out in the Research Bureau, I have a couple of ideas of what might show up.

1. Siegfried / Agir. While their price has not been confirmed, Agir seems to have the most potential as a RB ship, due to it's unique properties such as those torpedo tubes and that German Hydro. Also, there are no Tier IX ships in the RB at the moment, so this might add something.

2. British 20-inch Battleship. This is just a bit of my theorycrafting, but we may see a version of HMS Incomparable, the 1916 British Battlecruiser designed by Jacky Fisher, in the game. It could potentially be the Ohio to the Thunderer for the RB, as the Shikishima has been confirmed as being a Steel Ship

3. Charlemagne-class Super Battleship 1940. Basically being an Alsace with one extra Quadruple 380mm gun turret stuck up the rear end,  it shows promise. I mean, let's be real, who DOESN'T want a Tier 10 Lyon? ( This was @Fr05ty 's idea by the way, kudos to him )

4. H-42 Class Battleship. I already made a proposal for this, say no more of it. Don't count on it being as good as that, however....

5. Puerto Rico. This one probably has absolutely no chance, but it's possible that we'll see the the Pay2Rico back on sale, this time for Research points. 

6. Capitani Romani Class Destroyer Leader. A destroyer with SAP and 135mm guns, yes please! It's not wrong to guess that the Paolo Emilio could be the precursor to this, but I suspect that it was rather used as a testbed for SAP viability on destroyers, in the same way that Impero is a testbed for SAP shells on Battleships. This would be a great ship to compare favorably against the Kleber and the Khabarovsk, while being killer effective to boot!

7.L20e Alpha Battleship. I would have to be half-brain dead to suggest this, but I'm doing it anyways because a mid-tier link, at something like Tier 7, would be a great ship, especially considering the potency of the design

8.Tier 10 German Battlecruiser. We really need something from the Germans that compares favorably to the Puerto Rico, Yoshino, and the Stalingrad. I made a proposal for this as well

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS ALL MY SPECULATION. TAKE THIS WITH AN ATOM SIZED GRAIN OF SALT, FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH MYSELF AND THOSE WHO COMMENT ON THIS. PLEASE!!!!

:SerB:

I spent 1.8 k at xmas on crates and what not. I will spend money on premiums and stuff I like, I will not spend 1 dollar on the RB.

Most people that like the RB are people willing to put in the time to get high tier exclusive ships for free, wargaming is not making money on RB because whales like myself won't give them a dime towards it.

They would be better off selling me an Ohio straight out.

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot
  • Cool 1

Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Hopefully nothing, I wish they would scrap the RB

That went out with the bath water once they renamed it after the original uproar. Apparently they thought we were too stupid to understand what they were doing.

The end goal is to monetize the RB by having people buy doubloons to convert elite XP to FXP so they won't have to grind lines again. Long time players won't but newer players will have to if they want to avoid the regrind.

This is when you know a game is on the downhill slope.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
2 hours ago, You13 said:

Any of you guys know whats coming after Ohio and Colbert and when, I am 50/50 about getting Ohio or wait for maybe a different ship in research bureau

Get the Ohio, you won't regret her.

Especially if you have a Massachusetts and can use the same captain. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,805 posts
25,886 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WG was fine financially before RB and they would continue to be fine if it went away. While I agree it makes them money, and that is the real reason for it for sure, it is gravy money and greed money not survival money.

Actually, I had an idea a few days back but never wrote it up for something that WG could do with the RB that might just be a way to kill two birds with one stone, as it were, though it might also wreck their monetization desires.

Idea for the RB:  What if instead of rewarding Research Points when regrinding a line in the RB, you were rewarded with Steel?  This would be a way for non clan battles players to earn steel.  Ditto for non-ranked battles players.  Obviously, any ships in the RB would have to be given equivalent values in steel.  And any research points that players already have should be replaced with an appropriate amount of steel.

This way, players could earn Steel in 3 "regular" ways: Clan Battles, Ranked Battles, and Research Bureau line regrinds.  (As well as the occasional snowflake events that reward Steel.)

Actually, come to think of it, now that I've typed this up, I don't see how WG's monetization of the RB would be impacted in the least by this idea.

Anyways, just an idea... 

And just to pass this idea along.... @Hapa_Fodder

[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,969 battles
5 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Get the Ohio, you won't regret her.

Especially if you have a Massachusetts and can use the same captain. 

I have both Massachusetts and Georgia.