Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mzurran

How Can I Get the Konig Albert?

23 comments in this topic

[ORZHV]
Members
17 posts
2,551 battles

I dont have much money and I want to buy a German premium battleship. Yet I cannot find the Konig Albert and was looking at it since it is low tier (hence cheaper).

[IRNBN]
Members
3,372 posts
9,776 battles

Loot boxes, ie Christmas "containers", are the only was to acquire the pulled premiums like KA, Kutuzov, and Belfast.

Some were special rewards which you will never see, like Arkansas Beta and Imperator Nikolai.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
15 minutes ago, Mzurran said:

I dont have much money and I want to buy a German premium battleship. Yet I cannot find the Konig Albert and was looking at it since it is low tier (hence cheaper).

Unfortunately, it is not possible to purchase Konig Albert anymore. The lowest tier German premium battleship for sail is the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. You can find it in the prem shop for $28.40 (https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/9754/) or purchase it for 7,100 Doubloons in the Armory. Hope this is helpful.

10 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Loot boxes, ie Christmas "containers", are the only was to acquire the pulled premiums like KA, Kutuzov, and Belfast.

Some were special rewards which you will never see, like Arkansas Beta and Imperator Nikolai.

Konig Albert has never been dropped in a Santa container. It's prem ships T5+ and Imperator Nikolai I. Imperator Nikolai I does drop in Santa crates and is NOT a "special reward." It was never given away freely.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

It's deemed (rightly) to be too strong for sale. Kind of like Belfast or Kutuzov. For what it's worth, I've enjoyed Prinz Eitel Friedrich and others rave about Scharnhorst.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,372 posts
9,776 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

Konig Albert has never been dropped in a Santa container.

Bull. That's how I got mine, three years ago.

Try again.

• Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,172 battles
5 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Try again.

Same here.

Didn't want it, but it came in a container, so oh well.

Not a bad little BB, but I still don’t play it much.

Mostly just try to sink the one in Killer Whale.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
On 4/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, So_lt_Goes said:

Try again.

4/26/2020

Turns out the article for 2016 Santa containers is dated 1/10/2017: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/suspiciouspackages/

Konig Albert is NOT on the list, though Emden is.

As a result, I am reasonably satisfied that Konig Albert has never dropped in a Santa container.

So to amend part of my first post:

Konig Albert has never been dropped in a Santa container. Since 2017, Santa containers have only dropped prem ships T5+ and the T4 Imperator Nikolai I. In 2016, Santa containers additionally dropped T4 Ishizuchi and T2 Emden. Imperator Nikolai I does drop in Santa crates and is NOT a "special reward." It was never given away freely.

4/25/2020

@So_It_Goes @Estimated_Prophet

Ok all. So first, thanks to @desmo_2. And second, apologies to all I have mislead with my strong, bolded language. With the exception of "Konig Albert has never been dropped in a Santa container", I hope my previous post is completely accurate otherwise and helped @Mzurran.

I will not say at this time whether Konig Albert has ever been sold in Santa Containers or not. I will say it's possible it was sold in Santa Containers in 2016, and definitely was not ever sold in Santa Containers afterwards. I won't bold definitely, though if anyone asked if Konig Albert was sold in Santa Containers for 2017, 2018, and 2019 I would say no. And if I had to guess about 2020, also a no.

I have created a ticket to try to find out what actually happened in 2016. I looked at every single news article from December 2016, and the Santa Container article is not among them.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:40 PM, desmo_2 said:

You need to go further back, then.  During the first Santa crate offering, Tier 2 premiums were common drops.  I got several Emdens, as did many others.  We got doubloon compensation for any duplicates, but at that time there were no 're-rolls' for ships you didn't yet have.

Thank you for writing this. Your post made me remember that yes, indeed many were complaining about duplicate Emden drops. So it's absolutely possible T3 Konig Albert was a potential drop as well. Drops did once extend below T5. I have created a ticket about this.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Even though KA is (was) on the OP pulled list it has been in the Premium shop for sale after that. I actually bought it from the Premium shop in June of 2018 which was quite a bit after it was pulled for being OP and we were told it wouldn't be sold again. I think WG changed their mind on it. It was for sale in the EU Premium shop for a LONG time after it was supposedly pulled for being OP as well. It could possibly come back.

I (unsurprisingly) can't guess whether KA will come back or not. They certainly don't use it as an OP lure in Santa containers.

I have read that it was pulled for being OP only on the NA server, which because of my memory right now, I can't confirm/deny.

4/24/2020

I stand by my words that "Konig Albert has never dropped in a Santa container."

Here is the Santa Container's ship list for 2017: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/we-are-many/

Konig Albert is NOT on that list and the lowest tier with the exception of Imperator Nikolai I is tier 5.

Here is the list for 2018: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/santa-claus-postman/

Again, Konig Albert is NOT on the list.

Here is the list for 2019: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/time-of-gifts/

True to my words, no Konig Albert.

And here is the list for 2020: Wait, it's not Christmas yet.

Ok, here it is again: Konig Albert has never ever dropped in a Santa container

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,385 battles

This past Christmas it wasn't in the containers, but Nickolai was. That's how I got mine. The Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta I highly doubt will ever be for sale or drop, as those were Alpha and Beta test rewards, and should stay that way.

• Cool 1

Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles
50 minutes ago, Mzurran said:

Check the armory from time to time in case they rotate it in as a ship you can purchase for dubloons or resources in the future.

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
53 minutes ago, Mzurran said:

I want to buy a German premium battleship

Perhaps if you elaborate on why you want that people can offer you some alternatives. 

[PVE]
Members
11,835 posts
24,499 battles
1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to purchase Konig Albert anymore. The lowest tier German premium battleship for sail is the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. You can find it in the prem shop for $28.40 (https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/9754/) or purchase it for 7,100 Doubloons in the Armory. Hope this is helpful.

Even though KA is (was) on the OP pulled list it has been in the Premium shop for sale after that. I actually bought it from the Premium shop in June of 2018 which was quite a bit after it was pulled for being OP and we were told it wouldn't be sold again. I think WG changed their mind on it. It was for sale in the EU Premium shop for a LONG time after it was supposedly pulled for being OP as well. It could possibly come back.

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,339 battles
1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

I stand by my words that "Konig Albert has never dropped in a Santa container."

Here is the Santa Container's ship list for 2017: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/we-are-many/

Konig Albert is NOT on that list and the lowest tier with the exception of Imperator Nikolai I is tier 5.

Here is the list for 2018: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/santa-claus-postman/

Again, Konig Albert is NOT on the list.

Here is the list for 2019: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/time-of-gifts/

True to my words, no Konig Albert.

And here is the list for 2020: Wait, it's not Christmas yet.

Ok, here it is again: Konig Albert has never ever dropped in a Santa container

You need to go further back, then.  During the first Santa crate offering, Tier 2 premiums were common drops.  I got several Emdens, as did many others.  We got doubloon compensation for any duplicates, but at that time there were no 're-rolls' for ships you didn't yet have.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Me too Adm.

2018.  And as I recall LWM either did a review of KA or wrote a lengthy post on the ship.  I saw the 'white Royal Turd' (as my mates like to call her) was in the Prem. Shop, so I poneyed up to make her mine.

Now she sits on the docks and I take her out for a rare spin every now and again.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Same for me, Admiral, I got her too back then. At that moment, I remember some people even wondering if the ship was no longer OP... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Nonetheless, she was okay for me for a ten dollar ship... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, Mzurran said:

Hi, I think the others have adequately answered your question about buying the Konig Albert (sorry, bad news!).  However, if you are still interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players. Hope that is helpful for you.  

Members
232 posts
2,607 battles

Konig Albert is pretty rare and it hasn't been sold for a few years. It was briefly sold during the giant summer sale a few years ago but that was it. It likely won't make an appearance anytime in the future unless the meta massively shifts to the point where it sucks, which probably will not happen. I was lucky enough to get mine through a code on a WoWs model that a friend gave to me. It was supposed to be an Emden but turned out to be my KA. Lucky me

You'd be better off getting a Prinz Eitel Friedrich or a Scharnhorst. The Scharn is much more fun and is more suited toward training your captain, while netting you more credits and free xp as well.

[ORZHV]
Members
17 posts
2,551 battles
2 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Konig Albert is pretty rare and it hasn't been sold for a few years. It was briefly sold during the giant summer sale a few years ago but that was it. It likely won't make an appearance anytime in the future unless the meta massively shifts to the point where it sucks, which probably will not happen. I was lucky enough to get mine through a code on a WoWs model that a friend gave to me. It was supposed to be an Emden but turned out to be my KA. Lucky me

You'd be better off getting a Prinz Eitel Friedrich or a Scharnhorst. The Scharn is much more fun and is more suited toward training your captain, while netting you more credits and free xp as well.

Scharnhorst is $40 and prinz eitel fredrich is $30 while Dreadnought (the only teir 3 battleship for sale right now) is $15

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles
14 minutes ago, Mzurran said:

Scharnhorst is $40 and prinz eitel fredrich is $30 while Dreadnought (the only teir 3 battleship for sale right now) is $15

You would have grown out of the T3 battleships pretty quickly though.  

The Scharnhorst is an excellent battleship and an excellent premium ship - probably the best in the game.  

If you are after something that is good and is a bit cheaper, try the T5 UK cruiser Exeter, the T6 German destroyer T-61 or the T6 French cruiser De Grasse.  

Members
232 posts
2,607 battles
21 minutes ago, Mzurran said:

Low tier premiums aren't really worth making an investment into if you're trying to train captains and such. They're more for seal clubbing and having a good time(KA is amazing at this). They don't make much money/XP.

My suggestion would be save some money for a Scharn or Prinz Eitel, or watch for them if they go into the Armory and you can use a coupon and get them for coal. 

[ORZHV]
Members
17 posts
2,551 battles

It looks like this new dockyard event gives me exactly what i needed. a ship that is A.) German  B.) a "battleship" and C.) $20 or less

[CO-OP]
Members
1,489 posts
24,719 battles

Pretty sure my Nikolai came from a box.

Sign in to follow this