Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Clan Battle season 9 - Are CV's healthy for this Game mode?

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

528
[DPG]
Supertester
644 posts
15,793 battles

A week into the latest clan battles season 9, I offer my thoughts on the impact of Carriers and how my clan has been dealing with the changes ...

 

What has your clan experience been so far?

I would love to hear your thoughts and observations of this season and what changes might improve Clan battles in the future.

Let's keep the conversation constructive :) 

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[BARON]
Members
27 posts
12,592 battles

Excellent video. Thanks for posting. I think a lot of what you said about CB applies to random these days as well, especially in regards to DD effectiveness. I play Cruisers way more than I have in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
52 posts
5,993 battles

CV is here to stay. Learn to deal with the damage and its small damage compare with a BB or DD. Its take a long time to line up a ship for one hit. If lucky 2 shots. Spotting working great. When subs come in game better spotting for the team. I cant wait for SUBS in CB.:cap_wander:

Edited by PugsOfSteel
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles

for myself and my clan this is the worst season so far, its very dull and stale, long range sniping and waiting for cv to do everything. Its been 5 days and we struggle to get 1 team going, made typhoon 1 on the first day now nobody shows up. But if wargaming removes cv next season then we just go back to kleber meta so its just getting pointless to play.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
6 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

for myself and my clan this is the worst season so far, its very dull and stale, long range sniping and waiting for cv to do everything. Its been 5 days and we struggle to get 1 team going, made typhoon 1 on the first day now nobody shows up. But if wargaming removes cv next season then we just go back to kleber meta so its just getting pointless to play.

Put me in coach!

In all seriousness, TY and TY Karandar for objective honest video.

1 hour ago, Karandar said:

A week into the latest clan battles season 9

 

 Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles
2 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Put me in coach!

In all seriousness, TY and TY Karandar for objective honest video

i dont understand how anyone can support this gameplay, i guess they are playing at very low leagues where its just like random battles but at the top its so boring, just use venice and snipe at 18km and hope cv doesnt click on you.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
5 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

i dont understand how anyone can support this gameplay, i guess they are playing at very low leagues where its just like random battles but at the top its so boring, just use venice and snipe at 18km and hope cv doesnt click on you.

I am out of answers. When the best players and clans in the game beg for things to not be included....at a minimum, in some distinct environments (like clan battles) I don't know what to say. For over a year, no one asks for CV's in clan battles and they put them in. 

it's hard to grasp, and more so, respect. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

I am out of answers. When the best players and clans in the game beg for things to not be included....at a minimum, in some distinct environments (like clan battles) I don't know what to say. For over a year, no one asks for CV's in clan battles and they put them in. 

it's hard to grasp, and more so, respect. 

most of 07 dont play random battles and only play clan battles/kots because of cv and now if cv stays in clan battles we will just have to stop playing completely or just only log in for kots every 5-6 months.

we are just getting pushed out of the game we have enjoyed playing for years its incredibly frustrating and wargaming just dont care that the top players in the game are leaving, look at the state of random battles right now too its a mess, no competent players to make a meaningful impact to prevent a steam roll.

 

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
12 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

most of 07 dont play random battles and only play clan battles/kots because of cv and now if cv stays in clan battles we will just have to stop playing completely or just only log in for kots every 5-6 months.

we are just getting pushed out of the game we have enjoyed playing for years its incredibly frustrating and wargaming just dont care that the top players in the game are leaving, look at the state of random battles right now too its a mess, no competent players to make a meaningful impact to prevent a steam roll.

 

 

What, your telling me you don’t like our new whole 2(1) ship meta? I mean come on, that’s a whole Stalingrad, Venezia, or (Smolensk) you could play. Just think of the variety. 
 

That is unless of corse you are some plebeian who’s trying to do something like grind steel for a Stalingrad you don’t have, or grind coal for a Smolensk you can’t buy. Good thing CW is accessible am I right?

/s

 

I have seen some people giving other stuff a go with varying levels of success though, so I’m not sure the meta is solved just yet. Puerto Rico is not the absolute worst (although another ship you can’t get). I’ve seen a clan or two play around with the Goliath due to the lack of BB to overpen it. It was successful against my clan once, but then again it was on a map we have real issues with.

But yeah. It’s been like two weeks and it’s getting real stale. Having only one real meta viable tech tree ship is giving me fits. It’s what killed WoT for me, and is liable to kill WoWS for me as well if it keeps going on. And even then Smol is kinda iffy. If it really does come down to two ship and a CV are the only things that get played... I dunno boss. 

Edited by Sou1forge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
806 posts
9,676 battles

While we aren’t a top tier clan but we will put both divs into storm before the season ends. Our strategy has largely been to not play them, and honestly in the lower tiers it seems like many are. I would guess we see a cv about 50% of the time, give or take. It’s been more fun with the bb imo. I don’t think the cv is OP but it’s not as much fun. Half the fun without cv was seeing what the other team is doing a figuring out how to counter early game. Now you know within 30 seconds with a cv

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
20 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

most of 07 dont play random battles and only play clan battles/kots because of cv and now if cv stays in clan battles we will just have to stop playing completely or just only log in for kots every 5-6 months.

we are just getting pushed out of the game we have enjoyed playing for years its incredibly frustrating and wargaming just dont care that the top players in the game are leaving, look at the state of random battles right now too its a mess, no competent players to make a meaningful impact to prevent a steam roll.

 

 

Agreed and I know. I have been around forever. Fighting against your clan and agreeing with them as well. Oh well, At least I have booze. Salute to 07 and you, cheers!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles
16 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

What, your telling me you don’t like our new whole 2(1) ship meta? I mean come on, that’s a whole Stalingrad, Venezia, or (Smolensk) you could play. Just think of the variety. 
 

That is unless of corse you are some plebeian who’s trying to do something like grind steel for a Stalingrad you don’t have, or grind coal for a Smolensk you can’t buy. Good thing CW is accessible am I right?

/s

 

I have seen some people giving other stuff a go with varying levels of success though, so I’m not sure the meta is solved just yet. Puerto Rico is not the absolute worst (although another ship you can’t get). I’ve seen a clan or two play around with the Goliath due to the lack of BB to overpen it. It was successful against my clan once, but then again it was on a map we have real issues with.

But yeah. It’s been like two weeks and it’s getting real stale. Having only one real meta viable tech tree ship is giving me fits. It’s what killed WoT for me, and is liable to kill WoWS for me as well if it keeps going on. And even then Smol is kinda iffy. If it really does come down to two ship and a CV are the only things that get played... I dunno boss. 

right now the meta is venice because it claps stalin and goliath but it also has maneuverability to avoid shells and and a smoke to dodge a cv attack, literally the meta for this season is to outlast the cv, fun and engaging gameplay!

where are all the people that said cv would encourage new strategies and creates a more fun game? 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
738 posts
7,780 battles
2 hours ago, Karandar said:

What has your clan experience been so far?

Cant play my DDs at all unless I have my very best cruiser players online, and even then its iffy at best.

CV spotting, metric @#$%load of radar, accurate and fast traveling shells at longer ranges... really this season is a DD's greatest nightmare to date. Only real use for a DD against a good team is to sit just in-front of a smoke cruiser's smoke to spot and back up into that smoke at the first sign of rocket planes. So you could almost dual-box a DD in this season if you were able to pump out enough damage in your Smolensk to be worth 2 spots on the team....

Really its just the cumulative of all WG's game balance failures of the last 2 or so years jammed into one game mode. Harsh I know.. but frankly the almost complete lack of any DDs (Usually on both sides) in the games we've played has to be a red flag to someone in the balance department or they really should just be outright fired for incompetence.

Edited by Sethanas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[CVA16]
Members
5,385 posts
16,186 battles
51 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

where are all the people that said cv would encourage new strategies and creates a more fun game?

Well it did encourage new strategies, they just aren't fun strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,702 battles
48 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

where are all the people that said cv would encourage new strategies and creates a more fun game?

I told some guys on discord earlier today that while world of Hakuryu and Stalingrad isn't fun at least for me it beats the pants off Kleber meta, boy I hated that a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles
11 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I told some guys on discord earlier today that while world of Hakuryu and Stalingrad isn't fun at least for me it beats the pants off Kleber meta, boy I hated that a lot. 

we started using klebers eventually and started beating gaishu with them so its the lesser of 2 evils but would obviously want to see kleber get nerfed to see some variety in clan battles again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

right now the meta is venice because it claps stalin and goliath but it also has maneuverability to avoid shells and and a smoke to dodge a cv attack, literally the meta for this season is to outlast the cv, fun and engaging gameplay!

where are all the people that said cv would encourage new strategies and creates a more fun game? 

Yeah, but the meta isn’t exactly stable yet either. If we are seeing nothing but Venezia it’s because we used to see nothing but Stalingrad. If we start seeing nothing but Venezia that opens up room for single DD comps and smoke walls (Spitballing here, but 1-2 Smol sounds like it could do well into a 4-5 Venezia comp) to start pushing something with smoke in a cap. If that starts working then we see Stalin start coming back to stop people from doing that. I expect some combination of mostly Stalingrad/Venezia  to be the core of every strategy, with some teams skewing all the anti-Stalin tech to try to gain a matchmaking advantage, and other teams skewing whatever works into a bunch of anti-Stalin tech the more that becomes popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,208
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,910 battles

The problem are not cvs, are the AP bombs.

Anyway, cvs still a lot less annoying them Kleber comps.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

Yeah, but the meta isn’t exactly stable yet either. If we are seeing nothing but Venezia it’s because we used to see nothing but Stalingrad. If we start seeing nothing but Venezia that opens up room for single DD comps and smoke walls (Spitballing here, but 1-2 Smol sounds like it could do well into a 4-5 Venezia comp) to start pushing something with smoke in a cap. If that starts working then we see Stalin start coming back to stop people from doing that. I expect some combination of mostly Stalingrad/Venezia  to be the core of every strategy, with some teams skewing all the anti-Stalin tech to try to gain a matchmaking advantage, and other teams skewing whatever works into a bunch of anti-Stalin tech the more that becomes popular. 

If CVs end up being commonly seen in Clan Battles we may end up seeing teams running a lot of Yoshino. (Well at least until that currently OP RU CL arrives possibly.) Yoshino has good guns, surprisingly good armor, it’s fast, and even with just BFT added on plus using O key to toggle reinforcement AA she gets good AA. And that’s just with 1 Yoshino playing lone wolf, you get 2 of more in since with each other and they get to be a “ No Fly Zone”. Then they can work over the enemy. Saw a pair of Yoshino working together in CB before, and they wiped out the enemy team without taking too much damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If CVs end up being commonly seen in Clan Battles we may end up seeing teams running a lot of Yoshino. (Well at least until that currently OP RU CL arrives possibly.) Yoshino has good guns, surprisingly good armor, it’s fast, and even with just BFT added on plus using O key to toggle reinforcement AA she gets good AA. And that’s just with 1 Yoshino playing lone wolf, you get 2 of more in since with each other and they get to be a “ No Fly Zone”. Then they can work over the enemy. Saw a pair of Yoshino working together in CB before, and they wiped out the enemy team without taking too much damage.

I don’t think so. Venezia’s dominance over the other options right now kinda proves that point. If we were going to see Yoshino, we would see it now, when teams are still kinda figuring out if this is a Rock-Paper-Scissors meta or not and playing around with options. Higher level clans will have considered the option. Her issue is she doesn’t do it better than Venezia. Not as maneuverable, and no access to that smoke that makes aggro control more possible with the threat of CV spotting. I see no compelling reason besides access to HE, which I don’t think is as much a factor as being able to disengage for a minute or so from smoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[--K--]
Supertester
1,217 posts
11,113 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Op's agenda to further his steel reserves has been spotted by enemy aircraft.

This is funny, but I can’t upvote it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[AP]
Members
1,364 posts
17,305 battles
2 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

we started using klebers eventually and started beating gaishu with them so its the lesser of 2 evils but would obviously want to see kleber get nerfed to see some variety in clan battles again

kleber is FINE imho

im saying fine because the only klebers my clan has ~0% win rate against is O7 and gaishu klebs

but those 2 clans we have ~0% win rate against regardless

 

as for other kleb teams..........i think we win more than we lose, so i really dont care either way

people that usually lose to us cant just grab kleb and win against us

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
5 hours ago, Karandar said:

A week into the latest clan battles season 9, I offer my thoughts on the impact of Carriers and how my clan has been dealing with the changes ...

 

What has your clan experience been so far?

I would love to hear your thoughts and observations of this season and what changes might improve Clan battles in the future.

Let's keep the conversation constructive :) 

All of Fifth dimensions clans mad storm it is all skill and compatibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

for myself and my clan this is the worst season so far, its very dull and stale, long range sniping and waiting for cv to do everything. Its been 5 days and we struggle to get 1 team going, made typhoon 1 on the first day now nobody shows up. But if wargaming removes cv next season then we just go back to kleber meta so its just getting pointless to play.

next time take your time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×