Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Damn that's a lot of fires....

12 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,185 battles

I've never set so many in one game. 

Unfortunate part is I never saw myself being able to complete objective 7 in part 1 of the new campaign, so even though I had the empty slot available never selected the mission.

Watch me fail horribly trying to reproduce this with the campaign objective selected now.

@Ensign_Cthulhu @Kizarvexis @Snargfargle I uploaded the replay. Thinking you guys may enjoy it. Especially the blind shot that the Musashi got me with at the end.

https://replayswows.com/replay/88997#stats

shot-20.04.24_11.35.54-0855.jpg

shot-20.04.24_11.36.01-0070.jpg

shot-20.04.24_11.36.10-0203.jpg

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
1 minute ago, Rabin69 said:

Unfortunate part is I never saw myself being able to complete objective 7 in part 1 of the new campaign, so even though I had the empty slot available never selected the mission.

Did you at least have Objective 2 selected? You would have advanced that quite markedly!

There are times I'm very tempted to blow my 2 million FXP on the Friesland AND the Alaska; but knowing my luck, as soon as I do this, Hayate will be released the next day and will be so God-tier she won't last a week before being pulled.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,630 posts

I just watched it. I assume you have AR? that initial torp hit did you a favor as it made your ship fire like a machine gun.  I didn't realize until I watched a CC video yesterday that the Friesland doesn't have torps!

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are times I'm very tempted to blow my 2 million FXP on the Friesland AND the Alaska; but knowing my luck, as soon as I do this, Hayate will be released the next day and will be so God-tier she won't last a week before being pulled.

IJN ship introduced OP? Surely you jest! :cap_fainting:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
2 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

IJN ship introduced OP? Surely you jest! :cap_fainting:

CC reviews indicated that she is nothing special at all and I was mostly joking, but I think you get the general point I'm driving at.

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

CC reviews indicated that she is nothing special at all and I was mostly joking, but I think you get the general point I'm driving at.

Oh yeah! :cap_like:

I got the Smolensk that way wasn't planning on getting it but I had the coal and needed a tier X ship.

I was disappointed in the Yuduch.i I  was hoping to get as I needed a decent DD but the Harakaze appeared later

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
9 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I was disappointed in the Yuduch.i I  was hoping to get as I needed a decent DD but the Harakaze appeared later

Harekaze with the Akizuki gun fit is arguably the best DD at Tier 8, and the most fun I've ever had in a destroyer. 

I got to try the Yudachi with this ship rental system they were doing recently - she was first one in the rent-for-credits queue, and I thought hell yeah. As someone who plays a lot of co-op, she has the potential to fill a significant niche in my port, that of a DD that can fire two full double-launcher torp salvoes from her own smoke at any target (the Asashio can do it too, but only against BB and CV). I have a whole lot of doubloons saved up, and the minute she comes into the Armory I'll grab her. She isn't as good as some of the other IJN DDs for sure, but she does a different thing that none of them can do.

13 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I had the coal and needed a tier X ship.

That's why I got the Salem. It was a choice between her and the just-released Jean Bart, and I figured go for the Tier X because it's my first - and because at the time, I'd recently got the Musashi for Free XP and had no need for another Tier 9 battleship right away. Salem is a lot of fun, and mine is pushing up to 600,000 XP on her; my most productive premium by a very wide margin and getting close to the ship in my port with the most XP on her full stop (the number on the Fiji is lower, but that doesn't count the XP I had to put into the B hull, torps and fire control and unlocking the Edinburgh). 

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,185 battles
34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just watched it. I assume you have AR? that initial torp hit did you a favor as it made your ship fire like a machine gun.  I didn't realize until I watched a CC video yesterday that the Friesland doesn't have torps!

Yes, in my experience AR is mandatory on any gunboat dd. The longer you can live the more damage you dish out as taking hits is inevitable.

No torps, but unless a bb decides to charge your smoke, you can deal with most destroyers and even make a cruiser pay heavily if they try to rush you with just the guns alone.

Captain build below.

shot-20.04.24_12.33.24-0029.jpg

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,185 battles
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did you at least have Objective 2 selected? You would have advanced that quite markedly!

Actually have completed enough stars that I'm done to the end of the third mission. Just going back and getting the ones I skipped done now.

Based on what you said about the Smaland being more of a gunboat type, she may be very similar to the Friesland, so even more now I'm thinking to hold off just as you until Hayate is released.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,185 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got to try the Yudachi with this ship rental system they were doing recently - she was first one in the rent-for-credits queue, and I thought hell yeah. As someone who plays a lot of co-op, she has the potential to fill a significant niche in my port, that of a DD that can fire two full double-launcher torp salvoes from her own smoke at any target (the Asashio can do it too, but only against BB and CV). I have a whole lot of doubloons saved up, and the minute she comes into the Armory I'll grab her. She isn't as good as some of the other IJN DDs for sure, but she does a different thing that none of them can do.

Going forward every time I see you mention a ship I'm gonna revisit my drydocks and see if I have it rusting away and take it out for a spin. Only good luck battles so far:cap_like:

I forgot how funky Yudachi can be, especially if you are top tier. Torps are slow as oil but against T6 and T5 they are deadly.

shot-20.04.24_14.08.57-0848.jpg

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Harekaze with the Akizuki gun fit is arguably the best DD at Tier 8, and the most fun I've ever had in a destroyer. 

The Yuduchi, from what I've seen reviewed was rather lackluster. Hardly any AA and long detection range on the torps. I might see it more then the Yahagi but that's not saying much.

I tried the Harakaze with the TRB instead of smoke but for me the tops don't have enough range to make that successful. 

If you get her I would be interested in what you think. 

Sign in to follow this