You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Orkan is in the Armory

34 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles

Not sure if this was unexpected, but while insomnia browsing the premium shop I followed a link to the armory where there were some Orkan bundles. Cheapest one is 10,300 doubloons. 

[-PVE-]
Members
620 posts

No sense in spending real money when you get teamed with absolute potatoes, like DDs who become the first to die.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Thanks. I just the other day purchased a duplicate Ovechkin in anticipation of purchasing the Orkan. I don’t suppose WG is allowing the use of an armory coupon with this ship/bundle, but I will keep my bartender’s fingers crossed until I get home.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
16 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I just the other day purchased a duplicate Ovechkin in anticipation of purchasing the Orkan.

This seems an interesting conjunction given that the Orkan is a Polish ship, operates under the Pan-Euro nation in-game, and cannot accept an Ovechkin commander.

ETA: She's 500 dubs more expensive than the next most pricey Tier 8 doubloon DD. 10,300 without all the fancy trimmings and the packages are doubloon funnels to say the least. 

image.thumb.png.1ca7d5e931b44949da2e39ad493ca600.png

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SIX]
Beta Testers
93 posts
13,567 battles

It's in the "European Navy 2" category, not the "Ships for Doubloons" category, so no, it does not seem the coupon applies. Clever, that. 

[KWF]
Members
4,378 posts
6,405 battles

Meh, if I want a DD hunter Cossack is a better and cheaper alternative, if I want the looks there's Lightning for free with a perma camo on top; 

I get the feeling WG didn't know what to do with the ship so they decided to make it a shortcut to getting the Legendary Commander faster.

• Cool 1

[AOD]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,884 battles

Why does the cannons on the Admiral Pack look different from the other ones?

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
1 minute ago, Rizim said:

Holy sheet you are right, that seems way closer to an Arashi or the Harakaze with the Midway secondaries than to the Orkan... Maybe a mistake on WG's part?

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

It seems Orkan is from the same family of DDs Lightning is from.  Lightning looks way better than Orkan.

I laugh at the 1x4 torpedo launcher of Orkan.  Not only that, they're IKEA DD torps, so they hit like wet noodles against the side of a tank.

8 minutes ago, Rizim said:

5 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Holy sheet you are right, that seems way closer to an Arashi or the Harakaze with the Midway secondaries than to the Orkan... Maybe a mistake on WG's part?

The image for the Admiral Pack version has the guns turned to the port / left side, so it looks a bit different.  But they're the same guns, turrets, just viewed from a different perspective.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Meh, if I want a DD hunter Cossack is a better and cheaper alternative, if I want the looks there's Lightning for free with a perma camo on top; 

I get the feeling WG didn't know what to do with the ship so they decided to make it a shortcut to getting the Legendary Commander faster.

Sir, in my book - you are the winner! :Smile_medal:

And even doing the Campaign in Co-Op, I still wouldn't buy that ship to get the Co-Op Euro missions - I'd rather finish the grind and put the game down and play something else for a period!

Guess WG strategy fails with me.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,496 posts
24,765 battles
42 minutes ago, TANSTAAFL said:

It's in the "European Navy 2" category, not the "Ships for Doubloons" category, so no, it does not seem the coupon applies. Clever, that. 

Typical WG move.

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles

So, forgive me for having no knowledge of this ship, but is she not a Tier VIII Haida with a heal and radar (minus hydro and useful torps)? That’s what the description sounds like, and the wiki on her is currently incomplete. 

[KWF]
Members
4,378 posts
6,405 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

So, forgive me for having no knowledge of this ship, but is she not a Tier VIII Haida with a heal and radar (minus hydro and useful torps)? That’s what the description sounds like, and the wiki on her is currently incomplete. 

She is an "M" class afaik, similar to Lightning, minus a torp launcher. 

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,919 posts
26,913 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Not sure if this was unexpected, but while insomnia browsing the premium shop I followed a link to the armory where there were some Orkan bundles. Cheapest one is 10,300 doubloons. 

Was in the patch notes

In late April, VIII Orkan will become obtainable in exchange for doubloons in the Armory. You'll be able to play this ship to complete the tasks of the Strong-Willed Campaign, which are designed specifically for the European destroyers. Stay tuned for more news!

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,525 battles
39 minutes ago, XurMP said:
42 minutes ago, Rizim said:

They're just pointing in a different direction.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,664 posts
14,770 battles
21 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Haida minus creeping smoke and hydro, plus repair, DFAA and radar. Not very similar in the end aside from basic gun/torp layout.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
1 hour ago, TANSTAAFL said:

OIPYLS9Z9VQ.jpg Fear Not!

OIPZLH1MXB7.jpg         WG is here to Save You! 

OIPR291ZMVO.jpg  Behold The Orkinator 

Edited by Commander_367

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles
34 minutes ago, mofton said:

Haida minus creeping smoke and hydro, plus repair, DFAA and radar. Not very similar in the end aside from basic gun/torp layout.

Does it have regular smoke, or is it smokeless?

[AOD]
Beta Testers
55 posts
6,884 battles

I'm going to make this a secondary build with a comamnder!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,664 posts
14,770 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Does it have regular smoke, or is it smokeless?

No smoke at all.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

Another uninteresting Premium.  Give us something cool.  Like a German Battlecruiser or an American standard BB with the late war refit...nope let's just keep them in purgatory and dole out more boring Premiums.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,935 posts
8,014 battles
9 minutes ago, mofton said:

No smoke at all.

And the crowd goes mild. Thanks for clarifying that.

• Funny 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This seems an interesting conjunction given that the Orkan is a Polish ship, operates under the Pan-Euro nation in-game, and cannot accept an Ovechkin commander.

ETA: She's 500 dubs more expensive than the next most pricey Tier 8 doubloon DD. 10,300 without all the fancy trimmings and the packages are doubloon funnels to say the least. 

image.thumb.png.1ca7d5e931b44949da2e39ad493ca600.png

I bought the duplicate of the Ovechkin I already had, which gave me 12500 doubloons at a 30% discount. Sorry that I didn’t explain in detail, I just figured it was kind of obvious.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:The image for the Admiral Pack version has the guns turned to the port / left side, so it looks a bit different.  But they're the same guns, turrets, just viewed from a different perspective.

This.

In the Admiral pack, you’re looking “over the shoulder” from behind the turrets. On the others, it’s a 3/4” front view.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
6 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I bought the duplicate of the Ovechkin I already had, which gave me 12500 doubloons at a 30% discount.

Aha, of course yes, all is clear now.